Totalled my car..... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Totalled my car..... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yeah I'm glad your ok. Now days you gotta be careful cause other drivers on the road are getting worse ...

Yeah I'm glad your ok. Now days you gotta be careful cause other drivers on the road are getting worse and worse. My friend has/had a 2002 silver wrx and just a few weeks ago he was driving on a narrow 2 lane road taking some friends home and this particular road is really twisty so people like to race through them, especially trucks. The road has major blind spots cause of tall bushy trees and houses and my friend was driving I believe 35 through there when this truck came barreling around the corner on his side of the road so he had to jerk his wheel to avoid a head on collision and he hit a ditch then flip his car and went through a chain link fence. When he went through the fence a metal post from the fence went through his windshield and unfortunately through his head as well.

Right now he is still in the hospital but half of the top of his head is gone and half his brain went with it and because of this he can't even use his right arm. The doctors said he will probably not even be half the man he once was and will have to relearn a lot of things. Some of the other people he had in the car with him had injuries as well like another friend of mine had a chunk taken out of his arm and had to get 60 stitches and a girl had a broken nose and broken arm I believe. But my friend that owned the wrx just isn't the same anymore, you can look at him and even if your someone he's known for years it's like nothing because he just doesn't know anymore. But I have always complained about bad drivers around my town for a long time and when this happened I got so pissed because I have seen people speed through there and I myself almost got taken head on my a truck speeding through there and my side of the road so everyone please be careful cause you never know what types of drivers are out there.

EDIT: The guy was speeding on the wrong side of teh road and around a blind corner with houses and trees all around so my friend didn't see him till it was to late. The driver of the truck is facing some serious charges now and I hope he goes to jail for a damn long time.
    Last edited by TheReaper; 02-21-2005 at 11:17 PM.
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by TheReaper
    Yeah I'm glad your ok. Now days you gotta be careful cause other drivers on the road are getting worse and worse. My friend has/had a 2002 silver wrx and just a few weeks ago he was driving on a narrow 2 lane road taking some friends home and this particular road is really twisty so people like to race through them, especially trucks. The road has major blind spots cause of tall bushy trees and houses and my friend was driving I believe 35 through there when this truck came barreling around the corner on his side of the road so he had to jerk his wheel to avoid a head on collision and he hit a ditch then flip his car and went through a chain link fence. When he went through the fence a metal post from the fence went through his windshield and unfortunately through his head as well.

Right now he is still in the hospital but half of the top of his head is gone and half his brain went with it and because of this he can't even use his right arm. The doctors said he will probably not even be half the man he once was and will have to relearn a lot of things. Some of the other people he had in the car with him had injuries as well like another friend of mine had a chunk taken out of his arm and had to get 60 stitches and a girl had a broken nose and broken arm I believe. But my friend that owned the wrx just isn't the same anymore, you can look at him and even if your someone he's known for years it's like nothing because he just doesn't know anymore. But I have always complained about bad drivers around my town for a long time and when this happened I got so pissed because I have seen people speed through there and I myself almost got taken head on my a truck speeding through there and my side of the road so everyone please be careful cause you never know what types of drivers are out there.

EDIT: The guy was speeding on the wrong side of teh road and around a blind corner with houses and trees all around so my friend didn't see him till it was to late. The driver of the truck is facing some serious charges now and I hope he goes to jail for a damn long time.
    I'm very sorry to hear this and best wishes to your friend and his family. Hope the SOB who did this gets azz raped for life in jail!!!!
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

You're Ok

Quote Originally Posted by pinoymcflurry
    ***** i was driving on my way home from work yesterday in the rain on poway road, and i was going about 50 and a ****ing green van next to me goes into a puddle and splashes a **** load of water on to my windshield, so i couldnt see for about 4 seconds. when i finally can see again, some ***** in a acura 3.2 tl is in the middle of the road so i slam on the brakes i get rear ended in the back by a dodge dakota and then i get slammed into the TL. After screaming at the dakota driver, i find out that the TL driver was an older lady who went through a puddle also and just stopped. the dakota just got front end damage, ended up on my trunk the TL is ****ed up in the back, and my car....is...no more. going to insurance company tomorrow to see whats going on, i dont think its even worth it to rebuild the car in the condition that its in, im using my other car for now (2000 clk 430) but its nothing like my subaru...

that moth3r f*ucking van who splashed water on me. if i ever see you again i will kill you.
    broke my collar bone, broke index and middle finger on right hand. thanks you a8wyda8dnaw. im going to find you
    Glad you lived thru this ugly crash. Sorry about your loss and best of luck on that Beautiful White STI u want.
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

You have volks and jdm headlights, but you still have the stock muffler. I'm guessing performance wasn't a top priority. j/k Hope you get that STI.
    Drifting away...

That really sucks about your car... it was beautiful

Wow TheReaper, that just leaves me speechless....
    R.I.P. 2004 WRB WRX
    MODS

Damn, its a good thing you were in a "safe car', alot of weaker designs would have sent the drivetrain through the dash, and given you crutches or head trauma...

glad your ok, and goodluck with the insurance. A spankin New STi could heal some of that pain
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED

I Support ClubWRX
    That'll buff right out. J/K man, glad to hear you're ok

The write up didn't sound as bad as your car looked! Glad to hear you are ok!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry man! I hope all works out for you...and that you find that stupid person in the mini van. Glad your okay and no one was hurt. (besides the poor bugeye..RIP)

You'll have lots of fun with your STi.... I want one...too!!
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

J-H
    Quote Originally Posted by kpxplaya415
    That really sucks about your car... it was beautiful

Wow TheReaper, that just leaves me speechless....
    +1

Reading your post TheReaper makes me realize how lucky I have gotten away from crashes...I have had so many close calls with trucks and buses, it's not even funny. Not my fault though.

It makes you think about going fast though....it is a scary heads-up.....

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

hey next week im picking up the Aspen White STi. ill get pics up as soon as i can, hard to shift with your right hand in cast though.

Poor bugeye sorry about the car, atleast you're alive and that's all that really matters. How bad are the wheels damaged? I know there are a lot of other people interested in them, but if you could PM info about them and how bad the damage is to each one and what not. Anything else you're selling let me know I might be interested, but wheels would be awesome. Thanks. Good luck with the STi judging by your WRX , it's going to be sweet.

hay you bastards! i asked about the wheels first!

any idea if they'd fit over the STi brembos?
    Dave
    01 RS

no they wont fit over brembos. j/k I dont know if they will or not

but if your first or second guy falls through ill take them. Even if one of the wheels is bent.
    2004 WRX completely stock! And becoming even more stock daily.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReaper

Best wishes for them
    sorry to hear about all the recent tragedies...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast