WRX Vs. All motor hatch civic
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX Vs. All motor hatch civic within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, cruising down kent kangley today, I happened upon a Hatchback civic, aftermarket paint, carbon fiber hood, full roll cage, ...

WRX Vs. All motor hatch civic

Well, cruising down kent kangley today, I happened upon a Hatchback civic, aftermarket paint, carbon fiber hood, full roll cage, gutted interior. I was sure to check for an intercooler, cause I would have then been a waste of his gas. Well, he moved over for me to slide right next to him, and I gave a glance over, put it in third at about 45 and cruised fora bit, till he got on it. Instantly he pulled a car as I reacted and was out of boost. Up to about 95 he had me by about a car and a half at most. Quick hatch though, had an intec Racing sticker on the back, and I think Ive seen it outside of their shop.
    '02 WRB WRX wingless
    Its stock...I swear....and its N/A too
    ...thats not turbo spool you hear thats a vaccuum leak!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I ran one last night. Came up behind him, had an aftermarket exaust. Lowered nice rims. Waste of gas. Must of had the stock engine. I raced one with an H22 swap. Full header back exaust, cams. Car redlined at close to 10,000rpm He pulled me by 2 cars by 80mph. Great car to mod. Very light, tons of parts.

Now if it was boosted
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    I ran one last night. Came up behind him, had an aftermarket exaust. Lowered nice rims. Waste of gas. Must of had the stock engine. I raced one with an H22 swap. Full header back exaust, cams. Car redlined at close to 10,000rpm He pulled me by 2 cars by 80mph. Great car to mod. Very light, tons of parts.

Now if it was boosted

Ya, this guy stayed in the same gear the whole time, from around 45 to 90 or so, I was amazed on how loud it got, was surely decently built, as intec is a large All motor honda company now and campaigns an all motor drag car I believe.
    '02 WRB WRX wingless

I love all motor hatches!!
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Deceptive cars, there are so many out there. It is hard to tell which ones will be fast until it is too late!!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

I Support ClubWRX
    I have yet to run into an all motor Honda. Around here they are all rice. Most of the time I give them a good run with my Saturn from a stop light

J-H
    I didn't know these cars were that fast!!!!

any 1/4 mile times on these all motor hondas? Just curious....

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

Quote Originally Posted by Ceyvme
    Well, cruising down kent kangley today, I happened upon a Hatchback civic, aftermarket paint, carbon fiber hood, full roll cage, gutted interior. I was sure to check for an intercooler, cause I would have then been a waste of his gas. Well, he moved over for me to slide right next to him, and I gave a glance over, put it in third at about 45 and cruised fora bit, till he got on it. Instantly he pulled a car as I reacted and was out of boost. Up to about 95 he had me by about a car and a half at most. Quick hatch though, had an intec Racing sticker on the back, and I think Ive seen it outside of their shop.

At 45 mph you should be in 2nd gear, not 3rd. It would atleast be a lot closer of a race.

Quote Originally Posted by J-H
    I didn't know these cars were that fast!!!!

any 1/4 mile times on these all motor hondas? Just curious....

There's such a variation when it comes to hondas... you could get a mild b16 hatch that will run mid-high 14's to a k20 (rsx type-s) hatch that could be in the low 13's and maybe even high 12's. You just never know...

not to high-jack but my friend w/ his eg6 SOHC vtec swap ran 14.1 =p w/ some skunk2 stage 1 cams, thats better than some wrx's.

Quote Originally Posted by SCWRX
    At 45 mph you should be in 2nd gear, not 3rd. It would atleast be a lot closer of a race.
    I don't make excuses, I knew I should have been in 2nd, but I was just cruising by him, and didn't expect him to jump it, I was just admiring his car and telling my girlfriend how fast it could be. Right when he got on it, I got it to the floor, so combined with turbo lag and wrong gear, it may have been closer otherwise. Im going to head down to the intec place in a few days, and see if I can get some specs on the motor atleast ~
    '02 WRB WRX wingless

Quote Originally Posted by 03WREX
    There's such a variation when it comes to hondas... you could get a mild b16 hatch that will run mid-high 14's to a k20 (rsx type-s) hatch that could be in the low 13's and maybe even high 12's. You just never know...
    Ive seen skunk2's all motor RSX run in the 9's, to my friend who blew his B18C1 up on a run and landed a 22.3. All motor has decent potential, but its all about who has the most money to throw at an all motor car. Im assuming this guy was probably mid to high 14's trapping 98 to 100 or so from what I saw. A car and a half in 45 or so MPH is likely to be around 3 to 4 MPH faster traps
    '02 WRB WRX wingless

Ive seen skunk2's all motor RSX run in the 9's, to my friend who blew his B18C1 up on a run and landed a 22.3. All motor has decent potential, but its all about who has the most money to throw at an all motor car. Im assuming this guy was probably mid to high 14's trapping 98 to 100 or so from what I saw. A car and a half in 45 or so MPH is likely to be around 3 to 4 MPH faster traps
    A civic hatch running a B18C1 with basic bolt on's will run low 14's with traction and generally do mid 14's with over 100mph traps... so I think they deserve more credit than you are granting them.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

9 second all motor hondas?? Honestly, I never knew they were capable of that without forced induction. I know the rsx type s motor is very responsive to mods but 9's? that must seriously be a HUGE investment of money.

My friend on the other hand has a 92 hatch w/ a built b18c block and I'm not sure what size turbo but he's close to breaking into 10's... I still need to get a ride in his car. It's daily driven, that's pretty insane. Those hondas can be scary fast if done right... but for every fast honda there's about 10 riced-out one's w/ euro lights and huge wings.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    A civic hatch running a B18C1 with basic bolt on's will run low 14's with traction and generally do mid 14's with over 100mph traps... so I think they deserve more credit than you are granting them.

This guy could have been a SOHC for all I know. I know the capabilities of All motor hondas, as I used to drive a cammed GS-R with full bolt-ons ~
    '02 WRB WRX wingless

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.