SRT-4 all talk again!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on SRT-4 all talk again! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; First off, I actually like the SRT-4. It was one of the cars I was considering when I bought the ...

SRT-4 all talk again!

First off, I actually like the SRT-4. It was one of the cars I was considering when I bought the Rex. It just seems like everytime I run into one, all I hear is talking about how fast they are, or see showing off, but then no actual runs to see. Our local Auto-X was cancelled at the site becasue of a schedule mix up, so there were lots of fun cars hanging out and talking with nothing better to do. A nice SRT-4 with exhaust was there. He left his car running the whole time, never shut it off. Hoods were up, and everyone was having fun. This guy has some serious looking engine mods. Turbo xs dual stage boost controller, fuel pressure regulator, huge Mopar turbo, 3 Inch exhaust, head work. He was talking a lot. He also said he could get tire in 4 gears, and was a stage 3 build up, with 30 lbs of boost. He was guesing his numbers to be 355 hp, 400+ tq! A friend of mine with a wrx and I both leave at the same time, and the neon, sorry, SRT-4, left just after us. Waiting on the light at the freeway entrance ramp, we are all in a single line. At green, everybody goes, and we hit the interstate at 90+, and then ran up to 120 or so. Traffic is light, all the good people are at church early sunday morning, only us bad people are out. My friend and I slow down to about 80 to wait to line up with the dodge, and he just hangs back. The two of us do a couple fun runs from 80, with his modded WRX leaving me everytime. Still is fun though. It is not fun having the slowest car, but oh well, not for too much longer. Again we back off and wait for Mr dodge. He still is hanging back watching. We leave the fast lane open, and slow to 65 on a 70 mph freeway. He finally starts to come up, and then exits the freeway? Why talk crap to tons of people for 20+ minutes, and then not even a friendly roll on where you should kill everyone? Everyone was cool, and having fun, so why not show it? This seems to happen alot around here. Sorry for the rant!!!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Maybe he doesn't street race?
    2004 Java Black Pearl STI
    Shocks... Pegs... Lucky.

Maybe he was having car trouble.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

maybe he was scared
    what?

Thumbs up Maybe he didn't want to waste his time?

Hey we all do it some time. Some fast cars might just not want to run after a while becuase it gets boring. IMHO, I won't even look twice at a BMW anything unless its an M3. Why, becuase I've been through my share of them a 1000 times.

FWIW, the majority of SRT-4 guys I've spoken with have been cool as ice! One guy even offered to let me drive his car after a run . Not all of them are bad guys!
    If you can't run fairly from a dig, take your rolls back to the bakery.

maybe he doesnt like going 120 when his exit is just a few stops up?

maybe your stock wrx aint worth his time?

who cares.

id probably blow you off too. you seem like the cocky ******* here pal.
    Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

I just got on your site, Gusto, nice. I used to skate for Balzout here in WV when they started back in the 80's. They sponsored several guys to skate in local contests that they ran. I thought I had reached the pinnacle of my life as a 16 year old, and getting free stuff to go and skate! It was great. Now that I have a real job, and only get take the occasional rehab client to the skateparks, I miss it.
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

if i had an srt-4 and had all those mods, I wouldn't waste my gas on a wrx as well (no offence guys)

Quote Originally Posted by TurnWRX
    if i had an srt-4 and had all those mods, I wouldn't waste my gas on a wrx as well (no offence guys)

i was thinkin the same thing...355+ fwhp vs. 170 awhp = not a race...just a waste of gas.

-Rishi

Just like Techie said. I dont bother with other cars unless the are the "special addition" (STi, SVT, ///M) It does get boring when you can beat most of the cars on the road. But when you get ur butt handed to you every once and a while, it feels good.
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

i luv this site. tell it how it is.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

maybe cause street racing is ghey.

and doing 120 on public roads is never a smart idea.

edit, lol i sound like an A$$! i mean c'mon, maybe he was just trying to be the smarter guy on public roads, i dunno.
    Dave
    01 RS

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TurnWRX
    Ditto.

Its like wasting YOUR gas when a ricer Honda comes up and revs on you. Why waste your gas on a car you know you can annihilate.

And I have been in both camps now. There are A LOT of very nice and mechanically intelligent SRT-4 owners out there, especially in the Bay Area.

if he would have wasted his gas, i bet it would have been sweet to see him "sprint" away from you guys, lol.

SRT Guys

I'm the same, if I see a car that wants to race me I don't bother if I know I'll waste it, unless I hear a BOV
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.