New Aussie Ford Engines!!!

This is a discussion on New Aussie Ford Engines!!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok Ford Australia is releasing a new series of engines these are gonna be quick the straight 6's will be ...

New Aussie Ford Engines!!!

Ok Ford Australia is releasing a new series of engines
    these are gonna be quick the straight 6's will be DOHC variable valve timing with a turbo option running 6psi stock putting out 300 hp !!!! 3.6 Litre I think still using cast iron block with alloy head.

the new V8 is gonna be a 5.4 Quad cam putting down about 340hp I think

But imagine how much more you could get out of that 6

They're saying they will not export the engines yet though
    so you mustang fangs might have to wait a while before your V6's get some balls

BTW I don't like fords but you can't help but be impressed with those stats

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Straight 6 a la Supra and Skyline? I sense mad horsepower coming...
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Maybe they'll put them in the 04 mustang? Doubt it though, something about the "muscle car" idea just doesn't have room for turbo. There was only one a couple american cars (and trucks) with turbo that were fast, but not too many people consider them muscle cars, just faster than most everyone else

Originally posted by Flex
    Maybe they'll put them in the 04 mustang? Doubt it though, something about the "muscle car" idea just doesn't have room for turbo. There was only one a couple american cars (and trucks) with turbo that were fast, but not too many people consider them muscle cars, just faster than most everyone else
    The Grand National was the last true muscle car. Camaros and Mustangs are pony cars.

edit my point being that they were turbo V6s.

barra link

here's a link to all the info so far for anyone that is interested
    it's all in metric KW and N-m for torque
    but you'll get the idea

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Strng1dah

The Grand National was the last true muscle car. Camaros and Mustangs are pony cars.

Grand National being the last TRUE MUSCLE CAR??? Where have you been buddy? Don't mean to flame your post but the F-body cars(Firebirds and Camaros) are running 13.4 1/4 mile times right out of the dealer. They are running faster times then some of the true original Muscle Cars, and get 25 miles per gallon.

Yes, the Grand National and the Regal T-Type's were cool cars and pretty quick for that matter. But don't forget the Syclone's and Typhoons that had the same 3.8L turbocharged V6 motors as well.

And I won't even go into the Mustang thing because they haven't made a good motor since the 5.0L. The 4.6L is a POS. But don't get me wrong, the 03' Cobra is making that 4.6L look like a MONSTER. Even though they have to put a supercharger on it to compete with the Z06. And yes I know it is only a 280ci motor.

I am a Muscle Car enthusiast as well as a WRX owner. I own a 1969 Pontiac Firebird, and some day when I get the money I want to put a new F-Body running gear in it ALA LS1 & 700-R4. I would love having a overdrive tranny and getting 25 mpg in it.

Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

Originally posted by Strng1dah

I associate the GN and Typhoons/Cyclone not with muscle car, but the new breed of what was to come for a while and thats what I was referring to with the car and truck statement. Just fast. Ive never heard of the Z28 referred to as a pony car, and most people that Ive heard from dont either. Most articles you read about the Z28 leaving us in 03 state the exit of the last true muscle car.

But hey, I dont want to hi jack the thread with a disagreement.