Me vs. Legacy GT
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Me vs. Legacy GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; On the way home from the base today, me and a a Msgt got into it at a stop light ...

Me vs. Legacy GT

On the way home from the base today, me and a a Msgt got into it at a stop light on a 4 lane highway. He pulls up, the only thing he says is "0-80.....0-80." I said that it sounds good to me, light turned green and we were gone, I wound up being about one car length in front of him. His car is auto with the paddle shifter and one other person in the car. My car is an '02 WRX with intake, bov and an axle back. I'm new to the world of subaru, is this commonplace? I thought for sure he would have beaten the hell out of me, I'd like to hear what you guys have to say about this. let me know-Kyle

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Std>Auto. Nice kill.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycam31
    Std>Auto. Nice kill.
    +1.

You guys are making similar power to weight ratio's and since you have the standard that gave you edge you needed to win.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. I love pullin off that line. I just need to put a few more mods on and then i'll be happy for now.

Quote Originally Posted by mrlowpair
    thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. I love pullin off that line. I just need to put a few more mods on and then i'll be happy for now.
    go catless. Its pretty cheap and makes a world of a difference
    Just call me Clark Kent

Until you run into a LGT owner who doesn't like the word stock
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by John M
    Until you run into a LGT owner who doesn't like the word stock
    thats all relative. In the same essence, he can go catless and run some EM and a LGT will have some trouble keeping up
    Just call me Clark Kent

Forget modifying the LGT. He was automatic and had a passenger? Versus a manual LGT, that particular LGT was running at least a few tenths slower in the 1/4... Hell, I haven't heard of an automatic LGT breaking the 6 second barrier to 60 yet.

If anything, I'd expected you to pull a bit more. Anyway, good family kill!

-B
    Last edited by Beanboy; 02-20-2005 at 12:37 AM.

On the way home from the base today, me and a a Msgt....
    You in the air force.. ? maybe another branch? Im in the USAF station in Korea (kunsan).

Back on to the topic...

You in the air force.. ? maybe another branch? Im in the USAF station in Korea (kunsan).
    Yes sir, I'm in upstate New York at the North East Air Defense Sector. I do aerospace control and warning systems (ATC).

Yes sir, I'm in upstate New York at the North East Air Defense Sector. I do aerospace control and warning systems (ATC).
    must be nice... i work on f-16s... gay little plane

I raced an 05 lmtd auto legacy from a 65mph roll to 120. I put on about 2 car lengths. The funny thing was that it was my mom , saw her on the freeway coming home. I think my driving habbits may possibly be genetic.

Then I had 2 ( my dad & sister's bf) passengers, she had 1 ( my sister). My mods were: dp back exhaust, intake, and mbc running 16lbs.
    TINA..... come eat your ham!!!

04 white wrx wagon stage 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by Shifty
    I raced an 05 lmtd auto legacy from a 65mph roll to 120. I put on about 2 car lengths. The funny thing was that it was my mom , saw her on the freeway coming home. I think my driving habbits may possibly be genetic.

Then I had 2 ( my dad & sister's bf) passengers, she had 1 ( my sister). My mods were: dp back exhaust, intake, and mbc running 16lbs.
    wow, I am suprised with a stage2.5 you only put on 2 cars. those must have nice top end especially considering she is auto.
    What are the L GT's in MT form and auto form running with cobb stageII setups.. 1/4mile and trap speeds??
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    wow, I am suprised with a stage2.5 you only put on 2 cars. those must have nice top end especially considering she is auto.
    What are the L GT's in MT form and auto form running with cobb stageII setups.. 1/4mile and trap speeds??
    NO NO NO, at the time I just had dp back exhaust, intake, and a mbc. Now I'm stg2.5, if we went again it would be alot different. Plus I had an extra person in my car.
    TINA..... come eat your ham!!!

04 white wrx wagon stage 2.5

I've been waiting to hear about what it's like to do a brake torque launch on the auto Legacy or Forrester XT. I would think that with 2.5 liters, there'd be enough low end torque to bring up the rpms up to the stall speed quickly, and launch at full boost. That is, unless there's some type of feature that prevents you from doing this.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.