3KGT spyder... good match for WRX?

This is a discussion on 3KGT spyder... good match for WRX? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, Just test drove a 3000GT VR-4 spyder and was wondering if anyone has gone up against one in ...

3KGT spyder... good match for WRX?

Hey guys,

Just test drove a 3000GT VR-4 spyder and was wondering if anyone has gone up against one in a stock WRX? It is much heavier than the regular 3KGT VR-4 that I think it would be a pretty good matchup.

Keith
    Miss the wifes WRX, but love my Ralliart!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yeah i would think the VR-4 would have the advantage but the spyder has more weight so maybe that'll hold it back a little more. it seems to be a drivers race for the most part until you get 80+ when the VR-4 will have the advantage over the WRX.
    bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

yea the vr4 will take the rex at higher speeds
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

I thought they were claimed to go into the 13's stock, but I have yet to see one do it...plus the Spyder has to be insanely heavier then the regular boats that the 3000GT are. Anyone remember the SCC shootout that had the 500 or 600 hp Spyder in it...only ran 13.85, I'm assuming thats driver error.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market