Porsche guy left scratching his head.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

This is a discussion on Porsche guy left scratching his head. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I forgot my fob this morning at home so I had to get home quiclky and get back to work. ...

  1. #1
    Registered User Jayhawker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Mesa
    Posts
    160

    Porsche guy left scratching his head.

    I forgot my fob this morning at home so I had to get home quiclky and get back to work. I was going against the flow of traffic on the 202 (east bound) and might have been doing 75 in a 65 and I had a 911 Carrera tailing me for quite a while. I thought nothing of it till I got off the freeway and he passed me cornering the off ramp onto Greenfield. I was like "what the hell" and fortunately he waited for me at the light because he could have easily made the yellow he slowed down for. Once I stopped I gave the guy a thumbs up and he rolled down his window and said something about "Fast and the Furious" and I started laughing. He asked "wanna run one" and I said "how much of a head start do you need" and the next thing I know he rev'd his motor and held it there. I launched at 4500 rpms and at first I thought I might lose but said to myself a death to a Porsche is OK by me. I pulled pretty hard on him out of the whole and gained enough that he wouldn't catch me before the next stop light. I slowed down on purpose to catch the light red at McDowell and waited for him. He was flabergasted and asked what I did to my car and I told him "the standard bolt-ons" and he just shook his head rolled his eyes and said "your not stock" and I told him "no, but I am fast and furious" and he gave me a thumbs down as I made my turn and continued on. I gave him a thumps-up just to rub it a bit more.

    For all you who might throw up the flag, I have an SR55 with 320awhp and just a little bit more torque. Can't wait till I get the fmic installed.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Moderator Integra96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    16,989
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yet another Porsche guy that doesn't know anything about cars. Yeah an STi is so ricey.

    Must suck to get owned by a car that costs $60,000 less than yours.

    Nice kill.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

  4. #3
    Registered User TheReaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Vista, CA
    Posts
    511
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SR55 YAY!!!! When I finally get my STi that's the turbo I am gonna be putting on. I was gonna put the sr50 then they came out with the sr55 and I was like yeahhhhhh buddy. How is the response on the sr55? is there a lot of lag or does it come on fairly quick?
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

  5. #4
    Registered User br3ez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ / NEU, Boston
    Posts
    2,139
    own those porsche guys. they think there cars are bad ass, and most are, but you have to respect the subie.
    2005 WRX
    UTEC Stage 2 (Catless)

    250.02 WHP
    249.27 WTQ
    Junior Tuned

  6. #5
    Registered User bernardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    361
    own those porsche guys. they think there cars are bad ass, and most are, but you have to respect the subie.
    So true. This past summer I went with my friend to look at Boxters because he was very seriously considering buying one (used.) He could only afford a regular one, not an "S". The salesman was going on and on about how it was the best handling car, and would out handle anything on the road. If you heard this guy talk, you would think it was a formula one car. The one my friend was looking at was bone-stock, no packages and on stock 17" tires. The salesman even went as far as to say it was faster than the S2000 or the 350Z, and said it would smoke either car, even if the other cars were modded.

    This guy was so into what he was saying, he actually believed himself. I swear when most men get within 10 feet of a Porsche, it must emit some kind of mind control waves that convince him that this is the best car on the planet.

    911s are sweet. Expensive, but sweet. Pretty much every other Porsche is a run of the mill sports car. Example: My fiance is a doctor and a 50yo surgeon that she works with just finished a lease on his second Boxter S. He loved the cars, but hated the upkeep, and couldn't count on them in the rain or snow. Guess what he just bought last month? An STI. This guy couldn't be happier. That's how you know how much a Subie ownz. When a dude that pulls probably $170,000/year buys a $30,000 rig after driving Porsches for years.

    Basically, Porches are good cars, but Porche guys are d1ck-bags.

  7. #6
    Registered User rallymaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Special Stage
    Posts
    2,833
    nice kill man
    his facial expression had to be priceless
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

    My PHOTOGRAPHY

  8. #7
    Registered User Jayhawker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Mesa
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by TheReaper
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SR55 YAY!!!! When I finally get my STi that's the turbo I am gonna be putting on. I was gonna put the sr50 then they came out with the sr55 and I was like yeahhhhhh buddy. How is the response on the sr55? is there a lot of lag or does it come on fairly quick?
    Reaper, the lag took some getting use. I almost got rear ended once for thinking I could get up to speed with ease taking off in 2nd gear. NEVER AGAIN. I will always start out now in 1st after that. Once I finally got on boost, I was ok, but I got quite a mouthful and a bunch of hand gestures as they got along side of me. I said I'm sorry but the couple were very pissed.

  9. #8
    Registered User WRXcelration's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Allentown PA
    Posts
    2,797
    nice kill...we gotta start gettin these kills on tape
    05 STI

    Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

  10. #9
    Registered User TurboWill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    LI NY
    Posts
    3,109
    Good kill. One day I will have a Porsche turbo
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

  11. #10
    Moderator Integra96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    16,989
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    Good kill. One day I will have a Porsche turbo
    +1
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

  12. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by bernardo
    So true. This past summer I went with my friend to look at Boxters because he was very seriously considering buying one (used.) He could only afford a regular one, not an "S". The salesman was going on and on about how it was the best handling car, and would out handle anything on the road. If you heard this guy talk, you would think it was a formula one car. The one my friend was looking at was bone-stock, no packages and on stock 17" tires. The salesman even went as far as to say it was faster than the S2000 or the 350Z, and said it would smoke either car, even if the other cars were modded.

    This guy was so into what he was saying, he actually believed himself. I swear when most men get within 10 feet of a Porsche, it must emit some kind of mind control waves that convince him that this is the best car on the planet.

    911s are sweet. Expensive, but sweet. Pretty much every other Porsche is a run of the mill sports car. Example: My fiance is a doctor and a 50yo surgeon that she works with just finished a lease on his second Boxter S. He loved the cars, but hated the upkeep, and couldn't count on them in the rain or snow. Guess what he just bought last month? An STI. This guy couldn't be happier. That's how you know how much a Subie ownz. When a dude that pulls probably $170,000/year buys a $30,000 rig after driving Porsches for years.

    Basically, Porches are good cars, but Porche guys are d1ck-bags.
    Actually in top gear and 5th gear they both agree boxter is the best in it class when it comes to road course, but if you are only into drag racing you shouldnt consider a porsche until you can buy a 911 turbo.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •