stang gt vs. new sl500

This is a discussion on stang gt vs. new sl500 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was driving down north avenue when a mustang gt gets next to me. I couldn't see who was driving ...

stang gt vs. new sl500

I was driving down north avenue when a mustang gt gets next to me. I couldn't see who was driving it because it was tinted, but all i knew was it was a gt and damn loud. Anyhow, i tell my gf to hold on, and i floor it just so i can get his attention. When i did, he gets next to me and we get ready to go from a 30mph roll. I downshift using the tiptronic to second gear, and get ready for him. I get an instant car on him and before the car gets into third gear, he is right next to me, towards fourth gear, he is probably a car or so in front, picking up momentum like no other. Damn, i got raped by what seemed to look like a normal gt mustang (the previous, not 05's). I couldn't believe how fast he passed me up, i thought i was standing still. What kind of modifications can you put in those cars to make them that fast?

peter
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

WRX
    could've had forced induction.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Quote Originally Posted by WRX
    could've had forced induction.
    i was thinking that. i should have rolled the window down, so i can hear for a sc whine or something. If that was all N/A modifications, bad ass. It was mean... i was wondering maybe if it was a cobra pretending to be a gt.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

J-H
    Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawzzzzz

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

Centrifugal supercharger. With an intercooler a tune, a 99+ GT can make over 420 rwhp, run mid-11 ETs at 120+ mph, and still be perfectly streetable (for a mustang).
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

Maybe it was a cobra in disguise.

Your stock, so if he was modded with bolt on's I could see him doing that to you. It does not take much to get those cars damn fast. A full exhaust, headers, gears, intake, and he could easily have put 6-7 cars on you rather quickly. and it sounds like he did.

other than that, if he REALLY killed you I guess a s/c or N20 would be the next probable thing.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Yeah gt's with some minor stuff done like headers, exhaust, and a couple of other minor stuff can get them to around 400hp at the crank.
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

2V GT motors still can make good NA power. Low thirteens with boltons. I personally dont like em because they arent as refined as the 96-2002 Cobra motor (4valve +Rev to 8,000rpm)
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED

My friend has an 02 GT with a centrifugal sc / intercooler and dynoed at 393whp. And that was with the stock headers and TB

mayb a s/c or nitrous
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

i guess maybe he had those bolt ons. His car was louder than usual gt's. I just wish i had heard if there was any whine coming from his car.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

Those SL500's aren't as slow as I would have expected. When I had stage 2 I could only put a car or two on my friend's and at the time I would put the same amount of space (maybe a little less) on an automatic GT. So to beat you like you were standing still I'm guessing he had more then i/h/e...manifolds and other engine pieces are really expensive for that car, I would bet it had a blower on it.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market