stang gt vs. new sl500
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on stang gt vs. new sl500 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was driving down north avenue when a mustang gt gets next to me. I couldn't see who was driving ...

stang gt vs. new sl500

I was driving down north avenue when a mustang gt gets next to me. I couldn't see who was driving it because it was tinted, but all i knew was it was a gt and damn loud. Anyhow, i tell my gf to hold on, and i floor it just so i can get his attention. When i did, he gets next to me and we get ready to go from a 30mph roll. I downshift using the tiptronic to second gear, and get ready for him. I get an instant car on him and before the car gets into third gear, he is right next to me, towards fourth gear, he is probably a car or so in front, picking up momentum like no other. Damn, i got raped by what seemed to look like a normal gt mustang (the previous, not 05's). I couldn't believe how fast he passed me up, i thought i was standing still. What kind of modifications can you put in those cars to make them that fast?

peter
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

WRX
    could've had forced induction.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Quote Originally Posted by WRX
    could've had forced induction.
    i was thinking that. i should have rolled the window down, so i can hear for a sc whine or something. If that was all N/A modifications, bad ass. It was mean... i was wondering maybe if it was a cobra pretending to be a gt.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

J-H
    Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawzzzzz

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

Centrifugal supercharger. With an intercooler a tune, a 99+ GT can make over 420 rwhp, run mid-11 ETs at 120+ mph, and still be perfectly streetable (for a mustang).
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

Maybe it was a cobra in disguise.

Your stock, so if he was modded with bolt on's I could see him doing that to you. It does not take much to get those cars damn fast. A full exhaust, headers, gears, intake, and he could easily have put 6-7 cars on you rather quickly. and it sounds like he did.

other than that, if he REALLY killed you I guess a s/c or N20 would be the next probable thing.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Yeah gt's with some minor stuff done like headers, exhaust, and a couple of other minor stuff can get them to around 400hp at the crank.
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

2V GT motors still can make good NA power. Low thirteens with boltons. I personally dont like em because they arent as refined as the 96-2002 Cobra motor (4valve +Rev to 8,000rpm)
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED

My friend has an 02 GT with a centrifugal sc / intercooler and dynoed at 393whp. And that was with the stock headers and TB

mayb a s/c or nitrous
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

i guess maybe he had those bolt ons. His car was louder than usual gt's. I just wish i had heard if there was any whine coming from his car.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

Those SL500's aren't as slow as I would have expected. When I had stage 2 I could only put a car or two on my friend's and at the time I would put the same amount of space (maybe a little less) on an automatic GT. So to beat you like you were standing still I'm guessing he had more then i/h/e...manifolds and other engine pieces are really expensive for that car, I would bet it had a blower on it.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.