STi vs. Ram SRT-10 from a roll??
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi vs. Ram SRT-10 from a roll?? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; OK, heres my question.. From a 30-40 roll would an STi be able to beat an SRT RAM to about ...

STi vs. Ram SRT-10 from a roll??

OK, heres my question..

From a 30-40 roll would an STi be able to beat an SRT RAM to about 100 110? On paper the numbers are identical. The SRT hits the QM in about 13.7 @ 102,103. Yes it has 500bhp and 500tq but it weighs about 5000 lbs and is as aerodynamic as a cinder block. Im only interested in this because my friend has a Hemi ram and i spanked him pritty bad. So now hes looking to trade in for the SRT and he WONT STOP TALKING sh1t. Should I be worried??
    You wanna shoot? shoot. Dont talk!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

uke
    what does an STI trap at, that's the important factor
    06 GTO - yeah, it's pretty quick
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

J-H
    I think that yes....you should be worried...

I don't think that 100-110mph is fast enough to make the big fridge on wheels feel its aerodynamic handicap....too much HP, I mean enough HP to push it to those speeds without having problems with wind resistance (at least not enough for you to beat him).

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

http://www.imprezawrxsti.com/postnuk...248&highlight=
    Thats a guy on the ImprezaWRXSTi.com forum who run one today. Had two car lenths on him and he isnt stock. I can not remember his exact mods. So yes, be worried. It should be pretty close with a stock STi.
    Having no boost is like having never ending lag

I read it and the guy runs 13.0 @ 102.3 or something like that so he is close to stock or at least that's what the time suggests. Also the races were from 3rd gear pulls which is amazing YAY, GO STi!!!!
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm sure aerodynamics really starts to kill the SRT-10's top end when speeds get up to 60mph or so. But it's a cool truck.

In other news, my friend has a very sweet modified Hemi that looks almost identical to an SRT-10.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

J-H
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    I'm sure aerodynamics really starts to kill the SRT-10's top end when speeds get up to 60mph or so. But it's a cool truck.

In other news, my friend has a very sweet modified Hemi that looks almost identical to an SRT-10.

I will respecyfully disagree Integra.....500hp/500tq is a lot of umph, even for a box on wheels....I do think that up higher it DOES hurt the SRT-10

I'll look into it...

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by J-H
    .I do think that up higher it DOES hurt the SRT-10

Isn't that what I said?

Just wondering...
    "Did you sleep well?"
    -- Steven Wright

J-H
    I mean up...100-110mph....at those speeds its aerodynamics will "start" hurting its speed....

Up to 100mph it should be a walk in the park with that much HP.

I have had a run with a HEMI and those were the speeds in which I walked it, but up to 100mph it was pretty close.....from a 70mph roll

JH

I Support ClubWRX
    Hmm...I don't know. Modded Hemis barely crack 90mph in the 1/4 mile. But there are a few out there with superchargers and such...
    "Did you sleep well?"
    -- Steven Wright

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by J-H
    I will respecyfully disagree Integra.....500hp/500tq is a lot of umph, even for a box on wheels....I do think that up higher it DOES hurt the SRT-10

I'll look into it...

hehe...and here I was thinking it was US driving a "box on wheels". Not the most streamlined cars eh?
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

No need to race him...anyone that pays $46K for a truck just owned themselves.
    Last edited by Digitalfiend; 02-19-2005 at 02:18 AM.
    2005 Aspen White STi

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalfiend
    No need to race him...anyone that pays $46K for a truck just owned themselves.
    +1
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

505 cubic inches... viper transmission, viper brakes. The SRT10 deserves respect. Im sure alot of you might be anti-domestic, anti truck. that will change when you get smacked by a lowly Lightning with some traction and "go mods". On the other hand the SRT10 motor is like a hungry 400lb gorilla, it wont care about the aerodynamics. I wouldnt even consider aerodynamics until 120mph with that much torque

I pick the SRT10 Ram from roll its just too beastly. If a 350z can give an STi a run from a roll, That truck is capable of embarassing alot of quick awd rides.
    Last edited by Anzioblack44; 02-19-2005 at 09:18 AM.
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED

It's not like the truck has issues at 100 - it'll do 150 easily...
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.