STi vs. Ram SRT-10 from a roll?? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on STi vs. Ram SRT-10 from a roll?? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by J-H bad360rt, that is a sweet truck you have man! Thanks! She's getting ready to get a ...

Quote Originally Posted by J-H
    bad360rt, that is a sweet truck you have man!
    Thanks! She's getting ready to get a lil bit faster too, got some new goodies going in soon, she'll be back on the road in a couple weeks
    '02 Dakota 5.9 R/T
    Intercooled Novi-2K

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bad360rt
    Ok Where is Summit Raceway? I'd love to do a road course. I've done the autox thing once, and that was a blast (and that was on the stock suspension). I'd like to see how the truck would do with the full Hotchkis suspension and adjustable HAL QA1 shocks. It handles awesome on the road, not sure if it's enough to keep up with an STi tho. I know we have a few guys who autox and hill climb regularly, and they are pretty competitive (not sure what class tho). Do they have open track days where anyone can run? What does it usually cost?
    Here is the information. http://www.bsr-inc.com/RDS.HTM Look at FATT.

Just maneuver around for location, schedule, etc. I'll be down for my first session this May 13 and then again May 27. FWIW, this is by far the best money you'll ever spend!!!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

J-H
    Ok Where is Summit Raceway? I'd love to do a road course. I've done the autox thing once, and that was a blast (and that was on the stock suspension). I'd like to see how the truck would do with the full Hotchkis suspension and adjustable HAL QA1 shocks. It handles awesome on the road, not sure if it's enough to keep up with an STi tho. I know we have a few guys who autox and hill climb regularly, and they are pretty competitive (not sure what class tho). Do they have open track days where anyone can run? What does it usually cost?

I'll fly out to see this go down....

When I first moved here I wanted a 5.9RT

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Here is the information. http://www.bsr-inc.com/RDS.HTM Look at FATT.

Just maneuver around for location, schedule, etc. I'll be down for my first session this May 13 and then again May 27. FWIW, this is by far the best money you'll ever spend!!!
    That looks awesome, and it's only 3.5 hours away, not too bad. I'm gonna try to get down there. Gotta make sure my tires and brakes are up to the task first Have you ever seen any other trucks at FATT?
    '02 Dakota 5.9 R/T
    Intercooled Novi-2K

I Support ClubWRX
    Yep...both trucks and SUVs. Had a Porshe SUV turbo there last year. Awesome top end, and handled fairly well. Still got lapped though

With your HP/weigth ratio, you should do pretty good actually. Might depend on your gearing though. Have you changed your rear gears at all? The Summit Circuit has a fairly long straightaway, easily capable of hitting 140+ prior to the dead man's curve at the end . Just bring a DOT helmet and LOTS of gas. I go through a little over a tank and a half in one day there. You can buy gas at the track, but it's mucho expensive. Don't worry about food/drinks, as they have everything there at a small eatery. Tech is ok also, just make sure you have the same safety restraints on the passenger side as you do on the drivers side, as you'll have a ride-along in the form of an instructor until you are "passed" to play with the big boys. This might take a few FATTs before it's accomplished.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

I dont know the exact numbers so Id rather not quote, but look up what happens to the et and trap of a srt10 with a teanue(however its spelt) cover. I think I remember reading 12.7's with that simple add-on. BTW my neighbor has an SRT-10 truck, and the SRT-10 viper, so I'll be sure to ask him next time we talk.

That looks awesome, and it's only 3.5 hours away, not too bad. I'm gonna try to get down there. Gotta make sure my tires and brakes are up to the task first Have you ever seen any other trucks at FATT?
    Im from philly also.Im very interested in going to try this cours. Iv neverdone anything like it but im ready to try. Let me know if anyone from the area is going. Maybe caravan down. Oh, unless i get my wrx up to par by then ,not, im taking the roush! the alcon breaks and roush suspen.are just awesome.
    nice truck

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rpfride
    Im from philly also.Im very interested in going to try this cours. Iv neverdone anything like it but im ready to try. Let me know if anyone from the area is going. Maybe caravan down. Oh, unless i get my wrx up to par by then ,not, im taking the roush! the alcon breaks and roush suspen.are just awesome.
    nice truck
    So far there are 2 going on May 13, and at least one on May 27. The more the merrier.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Dodge Ram = 13.8 @ 104.2

I would say from a roll the Ram would probably win against a Stock STi.

However with turbo-back only I trapped 105 so I think one mod and the STi would win. Currently I'm hoping to trap around 110 so on a stage 2.5 setup (Utec, TBE, Header) I think you would beat it fairly well.
    05 Crystal Gray STi
    304 hp 353 lbs on 92 octane ------> Mustang Dyno
    12.6 @ 109.2 > new numbers coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by scooby24
    Dodge Ram = 13.8 @ 104.2
    You're talking about the SRT-10 right? Just clarifying because there are a quite a few different Ram models out there.
    2005 Aspen White STi

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalfiend
    You're talking about the SRT-10 right? Just clarifying because there are a quite a few different Ram models out there.
    LOL yeah
    05 Crystal Gray STi
    304 hp 353 lbs on 92 octane ------> Mustang Dyno
    12.6 @ 109.2 > new numbers coming soon.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123