STi vs. Ram SRT-10 from a roll?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi vs. Ram SRT-10 from a roll?? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ok, his STi has... XX tuning headers, downpipe, K&N typhoon and a grounding kit. I think thats it......

ok, his STi has... XX tuning headers, downpipe, K&N typhoon and a grounding kit. I think thats it...
    Having no boost is like having never ending lag

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzioblack44
    On the other hand the SRT10 motor is like a hungry 400lb gorilla, it wont care about the aerodynamics. I wouldnt even consider aerodynamics until 120mph with that much torque
    I didn't realize that physics was selectively applied.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Stock for stock the STI will get owned hard from a roll below 120mph or so. Just my opinion.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

My friend owns one, has a few mods (I think like intake and exhaust) and the thing boogies on the highway, but I was actually dissapointed down low...I guess the gearing is for a lighter vehicle.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

get a utec, and turboback. then you should not be worried
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

Quote Originally Posted by Anzioblack44
    505 cubic inches... viper transmission, viper brakes. The SRT10 deserves respect. Im sure alot of you might be anti-domestic, anti truck. that will change when you get smacked by a lowly Lightning with some traction and "go mods".
    If I wanted to go uber-fast in a straight line I would buy a Cobra dump $1.5K into it and make the SRT10 or Lightning look like they're in reverse. Plus the Cobra probably handles better and would leave me about $14K left over for some other toys, mods, heck maybe even a winter beater.

I'm not anti-domestic, at least not when it comes to the better domestics like the SRT4, Z06, and Cobra. I'm just against people that pay way too much for go "fast" trucks that get 8mpg. If you are hauling stuff constantly, cool. If not, and you want to go fast, buy a sports car.
    2005 Aspen White STi

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalfiend
    If I wanted to go uber-fast in a straight line I would buy a Cobra dump $1.5K into it and make the SRT10 or Lightning look like they're in reverse. Plus the Cobra probably handles better and would leave me about $14K left over for some other toys, mods, heck maybe even a winter beater.

I'm not anti-domestic, at least not when it comes to the better domestics like the SRT4, Z06, and Cobra. I'm just against people that pay way too much for go "fast" trucks that get 8mpg. If you are hauling stuff constantly, cool. If not, and you want to go fast, buy a sports car.
    Ditto. Well said bro.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalfiend

I agree with you completely on this. If you wanna go fast, buy a sports car. But then again, im not a truck person either. Some people just have different taste in what they like to drive. If the guy likes trucks, but at the same time likes to go fast, the Lightning or SRT-10 Ram are fine choices.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

First id like to say, you all make a pritty good argument for the SRT being faster. let me make a couple of more points that can be factored in the equation. The SRT has 22" x 10" wheels with FVCKING 15" rotors in the front and 14" rotors in the rear. All this is great for stopping but im sure it hurts accelleration. Another thing to consider is power to weight ratio. The STI is ~3200 lbs and has 300hp 300tq. the SRT is 5000 lbs with 500 and 500 hp/tq. thats a slightly better P/W ratio. but factor in the unsprung weight and poor aerodymanics and it should be pritty even. Idunno, when he gets it im gonna have to give him a run. I hope not to dissapoint you all with a "i got spanked thread"
    You wanna shoot? shoot. Dont talk!

J-H
    Well, yesterday I saw one.....the ONLY one I have ever seen. I was dying to run it and report back. Nothing happened though

oh well, I guess we have to wait....

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

i ran one with my 2002 wrx BEFORE i crashed and i got owned. no chance, we started from a stop light, as usual i took off fast but once we hit 50 that **** went insane.

Quad Cab SRT-10's are trapping 102-103mph, but the Regular Cab's are trapping a bit higher, 106-108. So it depends on which one you're running.

Oh, and for those who think racing a truck is dumb...wanna race?
    '02 Dakota 5.9 R/T
    Intercooled Novi-2K

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bad360rt
    Quad Cab SRT-10's are trapping 102-103mph, but the Regular Cab's are trapping a bit higher, 106-108. So it depends on which one you're running.

Oh, and for those who think racing a truck is dumb...wanna race?
    Sure..meet me at Summit Raceway. Bet I lap you within 5 laps!! jk
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

J-H
    bad360rt, that is a sweet truck you have man!

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Sure..meet me at Summit Raceway. Bet I lap you within 5 laps!! jk
    Ok Where is Summit Raceway? I'd love to do a road course. I've done the autox thing once, and that was a blast (and that was on the stock suspension). I'd like to see how the truck would do with the full Hotchkis suspension and adjustable HAL QA1 shocks. It handles awesome on the road, not sure if it's enough to keep up with an STi tho. I know we have a few guys who autox and hill climb regularly, and they are pretty competitive (not sure what class tho). Do they have open track days where anyone can run? What does it usually cost?
    '02 Dakota 5.9 R/T
    Intercooled Novi-2K

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast