Lunch time fun: Cobra vs STi
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Lunch time fun: Cobra vs STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ran a Cobra from a stop over lunch time. He threw a roar at me and I acknowledge right back ...

Lunch time fun: Cobra vs STi

Ran a Cobra from a stop over lunch time.

He threw a roar at me and I acknowledge right back at him with one. It got pretty intense when the lights were about to turn grn as I rev up to 5k to get my boost kicking and he was roaring next to me.

It wasn't pretty... I got a pretty good launch on him and his cobra didn't lose much ground as I was praying for. He was on my rear bumper length the whole time through 2nd gear, half way through 3rd he started walking me and gaining momentum. I think I just got beat by a really good driven Cobra, and it didn't look like it was modified from what i saw. Those are some whiny mofo's. I miss the roar but who needs it when you sound like a jet huh...
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah those cobras can be real beasts with little money invested.

good run though..
    04 Cayenne Red XT....b1tch.
    Cobb Stage 2 Protune on the way....
    Kartboy SS
    bling free since 1975

Quote Originally Posted by cbr600f3
    Yeah those cobras can be real beasts with little money invested.

good run though..
    Yup.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

yea cobras def have some balls
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

so, was that an 03+ cobra? Good run I bet he was a little pissed. I need to run one in the wagon
    aquamisted wagon
    12.4 @ 111

good run, atleast you held some of your dignity running from a stop. From a roll it could have gotten rather embarassing.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

In Hot Rod magazine a while back they had a GREAT battle between the STI and Cobra.

The STI beat it handily from a stop and even in the quarter 13.29 to 13.32 or close to it.
    Traps though, the Cobra blew by at 109mph while the STI had 101 or so.Big difference.

Basically they said that the Cobra was severly hampered by traction/weight from a stop on the street/track. They also mentioned that to hit 12s(Which are entirely possible stock) that only a change in tires would do the trick. Let me know if anyone wants me to post some of the article pages.
    95 Supra TT --BPU+ 420whp.
    05 Subaru STI --Cobb AP Stage 2 Protuned
    94 Integra GS-R --HIE/VTEC Controller.

hmm.... maybe thats how he kept up with me from the line..... Thanks for the find!
    07 RDX

Quote Originally Posted by garrettjj
    In Hot Rod magazine a while back they had a GREAT battle between the STI and Cobra.

The STI beat it handily from a stop and even in the quarter 13.29 to 13.32 or close to it.
    Traps though, the Cobra blew by at 109mph while the STI had 101 or so.Big difference.

Basically they said that the Cobra was severly hampered by traction/weight from a stop on the street/track. They also mentioned that to hit 12s(Which are entirely possible stock) that only a change in tires would do the trick. Let me know if anyone wants me to post some of the article pages.
    Anyone with an 03/04 Cobra stock that only runs 13.3's@109 should have the keys taken away. A stock Cobra is capable of 12.7's@112 with a decent driver on stock tires (2.0's).
    Ryan
    2003 REDFIRE COBRA

pullied, sprayed, ported

Quote Originally Posted by garrettjj

I'd like to see it again.
    I read that article in the grocery store and loved it. Don't know why I did not buy it, wish I did.
    Now: 04 WRB STi (stock)

Here is the article::
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails STICobra.jpg   STICobra2.jpg   STICobra3.jpg   STICobra4.jpg   STICobra5.jpg  

95 Supra TT --BPU+ 420whp.
    05 Subaru STI --Cobb AP Stage 2 Protuned
    94 Integra GS-R --HIE/VTEC Controller.

Quote Originally Posted by StngStr
    Anyone with an 03/04 Cobra stock that only runs 13.3's@109 should have the keys taken away. A stock Cobra is capable of 12.7's@112 with a decent driver on stock tires (2.0's).
    Is capable is the key word. I'm 2-1 against 03 Cobras in my STi. I easily beat a stock 03 Cobra twice and the third one (which was modded - chip, pulley, etc) didn't catch me until about 80-85 mph (then he blew by me quite easy). But well driven STi can definately take out a stock 03 Cobra if the race is kept to a 1/4 mile or less.

Great post garrettjj!

Its surprising that the mag gave the Subaru such a great review. It sounds pretty accurate as they mention the strong/weakest point of each car. Although I do not agree with them using Vishnu that much.....
    07 RDX

anyone find it odd that the cobra ran a 13.3 which is pretty slow for what most capable drivers get. and that the STi only trapped 100mph which is about 3 or so less than what most capable drivers get running that 1/4 time of 13.2
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

It did say that it was altitude corrected..... maybe it was humid outside?
    07 RDX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast