Went to the track - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Went to the track within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; threads interesting, i'm really curious why ur trapping so high, nice times also....

threads interesting, i'm really curious why ur trapping so high, nice times also.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

HAHA no there isn't a turbo hidden anywhere or anything like that cause if there was I would have talen it out and put a better one in for better times. The headers are stock but I have felt the exhaust that comes out of the muffler and it pushes a bit harder than other cars I have felt so maybe the compression is higher for some reason but than again I haven't felt the exhaust from another similar mirage so it could just be how the mirage breathes.
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

when u crackin the block open?

I Support ClubWRX
    Weird. Please find out what is up with your car.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Well we opened the block but from what the camshaft looks like it appears to be stock but I wont know for sure unless I am able to see a stock shaft to compare what I saw. The pistons did look like they might have been changed compared to what the rest of the internals looked like but that's about all I could see. I hope it wasn't a "glitch" with the engine and by taking it apart and putting back together I "fixed" it cause I don't want this car to get any slower.
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

that's just weird bro, i say dyno the thing. That's your best bet.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

The pistons being changed sounds like a deffinate possibility to me, you would probably notice a cam because the car would seem like it ran really funny. My friends civic turbo with a cam has a really funky idle, you would deffinatly notice.
    Is there a Japanese version of the car with a more powerfull motor in it? Maybe the previous owner blew the motor in it and just ordered one of those low mileage motors from japan that was off some JDM MIrage that makes more power?

Or it could just be a freak. My friend bought a 92 Civic Si when we were in highschool that always seemed to beat cars that it shouldnt. He talked to the previous owner when he bought it (only 1 other owner since new) who said he never did anything to it but install a borla catback...then broke the muffler and put the stock one back onto the borla midpipe. The odd thing was he traded it to a dealership and we know the family that owns the place, the whole familys in to racing, and they had the car dyno'ed at 131WHP They're "supposed" to be about 125 at the flywheel stock if you go by the books.....so might be something like that

Yeah there are different versions in japan but mirages in japan are called lancer gsr's and they make one that has a MIVEC motor or something like that. It's a 1.6L N/A motor that pushes I believe 175hp by itself but I have the 4g93 1.8L motor in my car which is suppose to be the 2nd best motor for the mirage right after that 1.6L mivec motor. When I am just idling my car sounds like it's gonna stall cause I get really low rpm's when at a dead stop but bahhhh I don't know. All I do know is I love this car for the price I got it for. Oh and the wheels were upgraded cause stock I believe they are suppose to be 13" but I had someone asked me if I upgraded them to 14" or 15" cause they looked big and sure enough when I see other stock mirage their wheels are way smaller than mine are.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReaper
    Yeah there are different versions in japan but mirages in japan are called lancer gsr's and they make one that has a MIVEC motor or something like that. It's a 1.6L N/A motor that pushes I believe 175hp by itself but I have the 4g93 1.8L motor in my car which is suppose to be the 2nd best motor for the mirage right after that 1.6L mivec motor. When I am just idling my car sounds like it's gonna stall cause I get really low rpm's when at a dead stop but bahhhh I don't know. All I do know is I love this car for the price I got it for. Oh and the wheels were upgraded cause stock I believe they are suppose to be 13" but I had someone asked me if I upgraded them to 14" or 15" cause they looked big and sure enough when I see other stock mirage their wheels are way smaller than mine are.

yeah thats a crappy idle and prolly cam work.
    you can tell what size ur wheels are by looking at the markings on the tires
    i.e. 205 55 16 means 16 inch *** ** xx the x'es are where the wheel size is.
    this info should be right along the outside wall of the tire in big rubber marks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12