SRT-4 Fastttt WOW!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on SRT-4 Fastttt WOW!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I can't get over how blooody fast those srt-4 's can be. I met this dude.. That is basicly a ...

Banned

SRT-4 Fastttt WOW!!

I can't get over how blooody fast those srt-4 's can be. I met this dude.. That is basicly a Stage 1 with a boost controler set to 18 psi of boost a downpipe and borla exhaust (sounds hot car backfired like crazy) He said he dynos 265 whp. I kill e46 M3's all day so I thaught this wasn't even going to be close.. It was honestly a drivers race.. He had a passenger in the car . These were the outcomes.. all 3rd gear rolls.. I would instantly pull shifting into 4th he caught up right by my side ( keeop in mind my 4th is ****ed! grinds like a bicth so hard to get into and 5th grind too very badly) so ya by my side in 4th and in 5th dead even with me sliiiiiiiiightly crawling away.. shut down at 130 moh relinding 5th..LOL.. anyways they are dirty fast cars,, very impressed. I dyno 280 whp btw.. Oh and he said he was power shifting..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

our cars are pigs in 4th and 5th....time for some RA gears
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

I think he has an STi
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

Impressive, I'd get one if only Dodge made em awd/rwd.

Banned

Yea I have a STi

I hate the gearing in our cars,,, damm. I had to shift so much more than him

Quote Originally Posted by alucardr
    Impressive, I'd get one if only Dodge made em awd/rwd.
    In due time...GM and Ford are coming out with AWD cars now, its only a matter of time before the rest of the car companies follow.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Quote Originally Posted by supersuby
    I hate the gearing in our cars,,, damm. I had to shift so much more than him
    this isnt a bad thing. it keeps the engine in the powerband, where the power is. the problem shows up when you can't shift gears fast enough, and you spend more time coasting while you shift than IN gear actually accelerating.
    Dave
    01 RS

What have you done to your trans to make it grind into 4th and 5th??? The 6spd shouldnt be doing that, have you had it looked at?
    2004 WRX completely stock! And becoming even more stock daily.

Banned

I really dont know

Is it my synchros? Who can check it?

Just change out the fluid to an 80/20 mixture of Redline 75w90NS and Synchromesh. It'll be fine.
    05 Crystal Gray STi
    304 hp 353 lbs on 92 octane ------> Mustang Dyno
    12.6 @ 109.2 > new numbers coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by supersuby
    I can't get over how blooody fast those srt-4 's can be. I met this dude.. That is basicly a Stage 1 with a boost controler set to 18 psi of boost a downpipe and borla exhaust (sounds hot car backfired like crazy) He said he dynos 265 whp. I kill e46 M3's all day so I thaught this wasn't even going to be close.. It was honestly a drivers race.. He had a passenger in the car . These were the outcomes.. all 3rd gear rolls.. I would instantly pull shifting into 4th he caught up right by my side ( keeop in mind my 4th is ****ed! grinds like a bicth so hard to get into and 5th grind too very badly) so ya by my side in 4th and in 5th dead even with me sliiiiiiiiightly crawling away.. shut down at 130 moh relinding 5th..LOL.. anyways they are dirty fast cars,, very impressed. I dyno 280 whp btw.. Oh and he said he was power shifting..
    They are fast cars indeed. He was making about the same WHP as an M3 does stock, but you must also account for the fact that the SRT4 weighs about 500lbs less than an M3.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

They are lighter than our cars. That why with minor mods the are so fast.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

I Support ClubWRX
    Said it from the beginning. The SRT4 block is one stout mutha!! The will surpass any other 4 cylinder out there when history looks back.
    I got beat fairly handily by one with a stage 1, running I believe around 20psi boost, and 104 octane. I'd jump ahead but then he'd just roll on by. Fairly humiliating since it was just after a Cobb Stage 2 upgrade. Live and learn. What makes it even worse, to date, it's my only loss on the streets. At least it was to a friend's car. That softens the blow a little bit. Now...let's go from a dig
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

<---- Completely stock motor with just a bigger turbo and the goodies that go with it. Still going strong with over 10,000 450+whp miles.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Quote Originally Posted by silverscooby
    <---- Completely stock motor with just a bigger turbo and the goodies that go with it. Still going strong with over 10,000 450+whp miles.
    You get 3 wiggles.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.