My Evo Story
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on My Evo Story within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, me and my friend Chris were on our way to pick up a couple other friends from a concert ...

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

My Evo Story

Well, me and my friend Chris were on our way to pick up a couple other friends from a concert they went to last night, and on our way we see a bright yellow, beautiful Evo VIII. I guess it was meant to be because the next light had no one at it and we were next to each other, I give him the thumbs up and a nod and we are both waiting for the light to change and I'm the only one who gets a launch and actually tries. So I'm like WTF? He gets back up next to me and drops into 2nd while I drop into third and I don't get any further back than his rear bumper. We let off because we were now going 80 miles an hour on a road that is heavily monitored by police officers. We slow down to the speed limit and then I drop into second and he drops into second as well and I keep even with him. It felt like something was wrong because why would a mildly modded '02 WRX keep up with a brand spanking new Evo VIII? We both slow down and we come to another red light, we both roll down the windows and he asks what I have done to it. I told him the jist of my mods and he's like "Nice Car" hello bloated head :P. He said his was brand new and he was waiting for his turbo back exhaust to come, but he couldn't mash the gas too hard because he had a kid in the back I was like "Ouch my ego!". Ah well, it was fun while it lasted.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

J-H
    sounds about right....is your gearing more aggressive? Maybe that helped keep him in sight....maybe he did not go all the way.....

I think that the general consensus here is:

WRX + Turboback + EM = EVO VIII

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

My "STOCK" Evo was fairly slow. It only trapped at like 98MPH. Afterwards I installed a Boost gauge to see what's doing, I only had 15PSI and then it would drop down to 14 WTF?!?!?!?!? So I grabbed a 10MM wrench, popped the hood, and tightened EVERY IC clamp I could find, some were under the Air Box but it was worth it. The Guys at Mitsu apparently do not know what a boost leak is, they were all fairly loose. After that and a ECU Reset, BLAMO, 20PSI then it falls down to 16PSI, car was WAY faster, the 104MPH Trap was proof.

Most Evo's leave the lot like this, it is a shame, gets all those WRX guys excited when they race one.
    Last edited by TSi AWD; 02-17-2005 at 11:54 AM.

Dammit you got my hopes up. Where having a sti vs evo match coming up this weekend at are local track.
    "WE RACE FOR EXCELLENCE" - SUBARU
    Bugeyed Mafia 4 Life

Brand new and under 1000 miles you have to shift before 5000 rpm.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

havin a child in my car i would never mess around in my car
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    Brand new and under 1000 miles you have to shift before 5000 rpm.
    Yeah when my friend bought his 05 STi I wanted to race him while he was still breaking in the car cause he wasn't going above 4,000rpms (Oh yeah and I was driving my stock 97 mirage ls 4dr sedan). So we raced twice from a dead stop till about 90mph. Both races ended up with him pulling about a car or 2 out of the hole and it would stay like till 90mph so each time up till 90 I would be back about 1-2 car lengths.

Yes he can drive, he has raced a 5.0 mustang 4 times, twice was at a track and my friend ran a 13.3 to the 5.0's 14.1, and just last week the mustang put in a supercharger and set it at 19psi and they raced on an open stretch of road up till 120mph and my friend would still beat him up to 100 but not by much but when they reached 110mph the mustang would start pulling like the STi was standing still. I am gonna make another post about my little mirage cause of the questionable wins I have gotten, oh yeah and I took it to the track for my proof this time so look for a new post by me .
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.