02 Wagon vs GTO...04 cobra..1.8t...540i...EVOVIII
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 02 Wagon vs GTO...04 cobra..1.8t...540i...EVOVIII within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well its been a while since i've posted a race and i've raced quite a few my most recent was ...

02 Wagon vs GTO...04 cobra..1.8t...540i...EVOVIII

well its been a while since i've posted a race and i've raced quite a few my most recent was the gto....it was late at night and i was heading home from the beach and i saw the cute tail lights...so i chase after him and try to catch up to give it a go...he gets a red light so i was hoping for an off the hole race...but no luck the light changed as i was getting next to him and we both went off easy...then he started giving it more gas as did I....so he gunned it midway through 2nd gear and i gunned it too....i got about half a car on him and kept it through the end of 3rd gear where he started gaining and when i shifted to 4th it was over he got an instant half a car ahead of me and began to pull so i let off damn drivetrain loss....

the 04 cobra was actually kinda fun just because it wasn't as bad as i expected...it was still bad...but not AS bad...i just wanted to see how i'd measure up so i teased him a little...just keeping next to him if hed give it gas i'd do the same...and then finally he slowed down to about 30 mph so i downshifted to 2nd and just as i did he gunned it....i wish we would've atleast gone at the same time...but he jumped about half a car and i punched it and he slowly pulled by the end of 3rd he has a good 2 maybe 3 cars on me...i thought it woulda been worse im sure if we woulda kept going it would have....

my friend recently got a 1.8t hatch, golf, w/e its called and he wanted to race because he got a chip intake and exhaust....i hate chips! so he challenged me and ofcourse it couldnt be off the hole...so we started at about 10 mph and he would get the jump because i'd be out of boost and he has more low end torque so he kept that lead and i would gain a little when we went into 3rd gear but we'd let off at the end of it...so he always stayed ahead by a bit...

the 540 had a nice kit and rims it was all show , it actually looked hot...but he was being an ass next to me trying to get me to go and flew by me twice so i finally gave in even though i didn't think it would be much of a challenge and i was right i got next to him on 2nd at around....40ish...i let him go first and i easily pulled on him so i just stayed next to him hitting it then letting off the gas...i did this throughout 3rd gear then let off...just because he was an a hole... he then took a red light just so he didnt have to line up with me...

the evo was extremely exciting because it was stock and i thought hed wh0re me....we were both at a light to turn left onto a 3 lane street and there was one car in front of him so he moved to the outer most lane and i got the iside lane to get around the first car and he got next to me...we both gradually gas and we both punched it at almost the same time he got a little jump but i stayed next to him we shifted to 3rd and i started gaining on him but again i let off at the end...with him still slightly ahead of me.... i thought it was going to rape me...so i was extremely excited about that one...he was cool, gave a thumb up and made a right at the next light...

this was with my MBC at 14....
    Mods: ERZ Up/Down pipe, bosal dual tip cat-back, cobb AP stage II

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice runs, but I am little confused.
    You got beat by a 1.8T with chip/intake/exhaust, but walked over a 540i?
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

If it was one of the older boxy ones.... They are super fast, light and easily modable.....

time for a vf39 and a tune
    2002 wagon 83k miles
    perrin short ram, inlet & fmic, perrin / samco hoses and fuel rails, bosal dp. erz upp, borla catback, sti ra gears w/ stock 5th, act clutch & fly, vf30, AP, perrin end links, critical cooling kit, hks bov, perrin 4pot brakes, rota wheels, hid w/ levals

Racenut3.0 - said
    "The worst thing about the AP is it did not come with any fairy dust. I wanna fly dammit!"

Yeah that confused me also, walked all over the 540 from a roll, but lost by a bit to the golf, nice runs none the less.

btw it was the older 540's not the new ones...and this 1.8 can beat slightly modded evoVIII's im telling you those things are quick with chips its called revo level 4 or something like that....and i didn't think those 540s were quick i mean i know they are v8's but dont they weigh a ton or something... plus this guy had 20 inch rims and a body kit...who knows what he had on the inside to add more weight...

when i was stock (in r32), i ran a 540 from a stop like 5 times. I would get the instant car + car and a half ( i would launch at 3500 rpms) and by 90, i would see his headlights come close... FAST, and by 100 he would be next to me passing me as if i was standing still ( maybe not standing still but u understand). Those things have MAD MAD top end. 101-102mph stock, if its the six speed mt Sports edition. If it was an automatic 540, i can see him staying next to him or slightly pulling. I am going to race him again now with my exhaust mod/chip/intake on my Golf R32.

with my modded r32, i start pulling EVO's from a roll. I also pull on GTI 1.8t with almost all the mods possible with stock turbo and intercooler. I pull on them from a roll when we reach over 90mph, from 10 mph -90mph we are neck to neck, if not the GTI might even get a half car on me, but after 90 i start pulling on it really really easy. From a stop, they get their asses handed, even modded GTI's.

I only ran one GTO and i started to pull on it from a roll, i never brag about this one, because for some reason i think it was automatic, or they guy didn't know how to drive.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

yeah i really expected more from that gto at such a low roll...i was jumping in my seat when i was about to shift to 4th and still had him at my rear axle....but then i shifted and i wasn't surprised at all to see him start pulling as fast as he did

Quote Originally Posted by evL`WrX
    btw it was the older 540's not the new ones...and this 1.8 can beat slightly modded evoVIII's im telling you those things are quick with chips its called revo level 4 or something like that....and i didn't think those 540s were quick i mean i know they are v8's but dont they weigh a ton or something... plus this guy had 20 inch rims and a body kit...who knows what he had on the inside to add more weight...
    even still, the car traps at about 102mph and only gets faster as speeds increase.. not to mention they run high 13's. It could have been an auto, but those also run mid to lower 14's and trap at 99mph or so. It must have been an automatic
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.