JDM version 7 sti vs stage 2 srt-4 (vid included)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on JDM version 7 sti vs stage 2 srt-4 (vid included) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116597 vid is here: http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/we...ZmQzMXk1NDE%3D basically I pull in 4th gear and shut down with him at my bumper. oh ...

JDM version 7 sti vs stage 2 srt-4 (vid included)

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116597

vid is here: http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/we...ZmQzMXk1NDE%3D

basically I pull in 4th gear and shut down with him at my bumper. oh yeah, and he has 2 passengers. Those little ****ers are fast. I test drove one and it felt slower than my stage 2 WRX, guess not.
    - Capt Crunch

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Very nice video. My car is so similar to your car it is sick, except for the wing is diff and my liop spoiler broke so I am getting a new one. What rear lip do you have? What kinda hp/tq are you putting down? I just finished my setup about two days ago and have not tuned yet but will be shortly, Ecutek.

-Matt

Quote Originally Posted by kpmatt00
    Very nice video. My car is so similar to your car it is sick, except for the wing is diff and my liop spoiler broke so I am getting a new one. What rear lip do you have? What kinda hp/tq are you putting down? I just finished my setup about two days ago and have not tuned yet but will be shortly, Ecutek.

-Matt
    I estimate around ~250 whp. No dyno sheets. I just picked up a reflashed ECU from kingpin, not tuned, just retarded timing for the lower octane.
    - Capt Crunch

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Crunch
    I estimate around ~250 whp. No dyno sheets. I just picked up a reflashed ECU from kingpin, not tuned, just retarded timing for the lower octane.

Sweet setup non-the-less. I can't wait to be tuned as well, and not babying it avoiding boost. DO you have a list of mods on Nasioc, I'll look...I'm usually on there, rarely on this forum.

J-H
    Nice video and nice run......

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

thats one sick ass car bro.

very very tasteful

i would definately put my weiner in your tailpipe.
    Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

Quote Originally Posted by gusto
    thats one sick ass car bro.

very very tasteful

i would definately put my weiner in your tailpipe.

Yes.

Bwuahahahahaha

In Japan we run regular 92 Octane and since you pulled him with timing retarded I can't imagine how bad you would walk one properly tuned. Thanks for the videos man I am not suprised at all that the JDM would walk the domestic tin can!!!!!

Oh and I am not doggin the SRT-4 I know its a fast little car but its not even a race if he were properly tuned!!!

nice video....im debating between a v7 or 2.2 swap
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

imagine if that WRX/STi was either FWD or even RWD, then it's not even a contest. the main reason that the WRX/STi has a hard time pulling away is because it's AWD. the main advantage for AWD vehicles is mainly launching from a dead stop or even from a roll, but i think more torque/horsepower is needed to actually pull away.

Quote Originally Posted by clamdip
    imagine if that WRX/STi was either FWD or even RWD, then it's not even a contest. the main reason that the WRX/STi has a hard time pulling away is because it's AWD. the main advantage for AWD vehicles is mainly launching from a dead stop or even from a roll, but i think more torque/horsepower is needed to actually pull away.
    yea but the race was done from a roll, from a stop on the street i imagine it would have been a catch up game much more for the SR, all in all nice race, and cant argue for the money put into the SRT-4 vs. the WRX-Ti it put up a good fight...

ps really nice job with your car man, looks amazing
    1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P

I just realized that in the heat of the moment I was shifting at redline. The vf30 on my car runs out of steam at around 6500, should have been shifting there or at 7000. Kinda defeats the purpose of the 8k redline.

A bigger turbo will solve this problem.
    - Capt Crunch

Awesome video. It is so refreshing to see videos done in the daylight.
    2005 Aspen White STi

Quote Originally Posted by JSpecGC8
    Bwuahahahahaha

In Japan we run regular 92 Octane and since you pulled him with timing retarded I can't imagine how bad you would walk one properly tuned. Thanks for the videos man I am not suprised at all that the JDM would walk the domestic tin can!!!!!

Oh and I am not doggin the SRT-4 I know its a fast little car but its not even a race if he were properly tuned!!!
    Don't forget that the SRT had 2 passengers which adds at least 300lbs more. That is a significant amount of weight. Take away those passengers and I bet the results might have been different.

I'm not knocking the WRX either, I'm just saying weight is weight and it does slow you down.
    2005 Aspen White STi

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice run! I wonder why he was only boosting 15 psi? FWIW, I got walked on by a stage 1 SRT running higher boost and octane boosted to about 104. I had a 210 lb friend in the car, which makes me think if we reversed passengers, that 400+ weight difference would've made a difference. Same might be said for your run too though I guess. Clean ride!!!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.