JDM version 7 sti vs stage 2 srt-4 (vid included) - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on JDM version 7 sti vs stage 2 srt-4 (vid included) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Once my baby hits about 150,000 miles in a couple years, I'm going with a Ver. 7 swap. What do ...

Once my baby hits about 150,000 miles in a couple years, I'm going with a Ver. 7 swap. What do you have transmission wise? RA gears or STi 6 speed?
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i have a guy right down the street from me who always races around with me . he has srt4 sgt3,and he has yet to come close to even running some what close to me. my car pulls pretty damn hard on him all the way to 7500 rpm. srt4 though are quick cars if i was stage 3 i would lose to him i am sure .from a roll anways

Quote Originally Posted by psychobooe
    Once my baby hits about 150,000 miles in a couple years, I'm going with a Ver. 7 swap. What do you have transmission wise? RA gears or STi 6 speed?
    sti 6-speed and r180 rear differential. It's the best part of the swap.
    - Capt Crunch

Yea saw this on the vid forums, it's a nice car & if I had the money I"d like to get a v7 or 8 shortblock in.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Crunch
    A bigger turbo will solve this problem.
    It sure will
    FS: 02 WRX with JDM V7 RA-C

Quote Originally Posted by sonicrx
    i have a guy right down the street from me who always races around with me . he has srt4 sgt3,and he has yet to come close to even running some what close to me. my car pulls pretty damn hard on him all the way to 7500 rpm. srt4 though are quick cars if i was stage 3 i would lose to him i am sure .from a roll anways

how much do you win by? racing a stage iii srt4 with your whp should nebe fairly close as stage 3 srt4 dyno around 360whp/390wtq (with a one year warranty from dodge ) good stuff. i'd like to know more about your ride man let me know.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    how much do you win by? racing a stage iii srt4 with your whp should nebe fairly close as stage 3 srt4 dyno around 360whp/390wtq (with a one year warranty from dodge ) good stuff. i'd like to know more about your ride man let me know.
    I was under the distinct impression that any of the stage upgrades on the SRT-4 still nullified your warranty with Dodge.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Quote Originally Posted by smokey
    I was under the distinct impression that any of the stage upgrades on the SRT-4 still nullified your warranty with Dodge.

i was referring to the warranty on all the parts free of defects. all the sensors and other sensitive material that you would have a hard time getting warranty from outside manufactures where with dodge you just take it to a dealer. also just with any other dealer even though it came from them as a product from dodge if you drop a clutch with any of the staged upgrades or any obvious power adders dodge exspect warranty work to be done. which you shouldn't anyway if you've already to the plunge to modifie your car.
    Last edited by 2004NeonSRT4; 03-01-2005 at 01:00 PM.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by smokey
    last time I asked at a dealership, they did void your warranty an damage caused to associated parts, but it isn't like they would deny warranty coverage on a faulty strut because of engine mods.
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Quote Originally Posted by jigga
    last time I asked at a dealership, they did void your warranty an damage caused to associated parts, but it isn't like they would deny warranty coverage on a faulty strut because of engine mods.
    No, I realize that. If you add an MBC for example, its not going to nullify your warranty on your suspension (Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act). But I thought he was claiming that it didn't void your engine parts, and I was under the impression that the Stage upgrades did in fact do that, which you further solidified for me.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Quote Originally Posted by Need4Boost
    It sure will
    Yeah, this is the year of the rotated turbo, and I've got a lot to choose from. GT32, GT30R, GT35R, whatever turbo element tuning is running... it's nice to know I can choose whichever one suits my driving style, and I'm not limited by my drivetrain or motor.

I'm thinking GT35R is a bit big for my application, GT30R sized sounds good.
    - Capt Crunch

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Crunch

I'm thinking GT35R is a bit big for my application, GT30R sized sounds good.
    bahhH! Go BIG or go home!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

I'm very jealous.
    That is all.
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

nice man.
    Midwest Auto Salon
    Apple Valley, MN

My Stage IV WRX was totalled by a drunk driver. Fcuk him!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.