Electric Car Encounter

This is a discussion on Electric Car Encounter within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well I'm driving home today and took a different route on Windy Hill > Powers Ferry. This electric car ... ...

Electric Car Encounter

Well I'm driving home today and took a different route on Windy Hill > Powers Ferry. This electric car ... it had a Saturn plate but I thought it was a Honda. I don't think anything of it and all three lanes turn left from Windy Hill on Powers Ferry. I'm in the very right lane and jump on the gas because the car infront of me was accelerating way too SLOW ... speed limit is 45mph and after many many seconds we're still doing <35mph. I get into the right lane and jump on the gas and go till 55mph+/- and think nothing of it. Anyways this little electric car changes lanes into the center lane from his left lane and flies by me? I'm thinking what is this person thinking. He gets right infront of me and I'm just sitting there wondering? We're about to make a right from Powers Ferry to Terrell Mill. This electric car slows down to make thr right and takes off ... I wanted some fun so I follow him. The 2 of us pass a few SUVs ( typical ) and about to make another right where Terrell Mill merges w/ Delk. Both lanes clear and I change into the left lane and the other guy in the right lane. This guys speeds UP to the corner "thinking" I'm gonna let off ... . Well we're doing about 55mph right before the turn and I switch from 3rd into 2nd right before the corner. Finally the electric car hits his brakes HARD and I jump on the gas ... tires go chirp, chirp. Umm I passed him like there was no tomorrow ... something around 5+ cars in less than a second or so ... AWD is good in the rain. I just thought it was amusing to watch some guy "try" to cut me off? I don't get some people. I thought it was interesting.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Maybe he was impressed with the torque of his electric motors.
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Originally posted by is2scooby
    Maybe he was impressed with the torque of his electric motors.
    LOL!

Toyota Prius
    44HP@1040-5600rpm
    258lb/ft@0-400rpm

It has something my RSX doesn't have: TORQUE!! I guess that must mean it is faster?
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

you shall phear when he can solar power his car after all the fossil fuels on the planet have been exhausted. Therefore he will have his day in about 200 years or so from now. If you are still alive, you will be 0wn3d.

-c
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

I love your storys chuglobal

i agree. you have to ask yourself why do they bother?

Maybe they bother cause they want to see a WRX in action cause they get jealous. Seems plausible.

I remember I was driving in my Volvo one day down a 2 lane highway, and I see a WRX next to me and i rev at him and he looks over at me and just sort of laughs and guns it. My windows were open so I could hear his engine and exhaust. It was awesome, I knew I wasn't going to win but I just wanted to see some action from the WRB WRX. Good stuff!

-Josh
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Yo

It's all good. Play is play.
    2004 STI White/Gold

Originally posted by RSXSucks

LOL!

Toyota Prius
    44HP@1040-5600rpm
    258lb/ft@0-400rpm

It has something my RSX doesn't have: TORQUE!! I guess that must mean it is faster?
    LOL

Let's see.....

0 - 60 in, oh say, 4 hours
    1/4 mile by tomorrow

Good story Chu! Reminds me when I saw a brand new ZR1 Vette ('91?) and "raced" him in my '89 Beretta just to see him GO.
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

Also ...

I was coming back last night from a friend's place near Town Center Mall and was heading south on 75 to took the south 120 loop. I'm in the right lane and some weird old American truck pulls next to me on the left. I do think anything on it especially since I always do my "little" roll from 5-70 at the intersection. Light goes green and I accelerate normally and this guy "tries" to gun it? Umm I don't think he realizes that this is a large left hand turn and I jam on the gas as normal. He hits the apex of the turn and jumps on the brakes and I jump on the gas. Well he was 1 car ahead of me until we changed gas positions. AWD does its job and yet again in 1-1.5 seconds I was many many cars infront of it before the exit of the turn. He asked so I gave it to him ... I don't he realizes that I do this turn ALL the time coming back from my brother's house.
    2004 STI White/Gold

Originally posted by fengshui
    you shall phear when he can solar power his car after all the fossil fuels on the planet have been exhausted. Therefore he will have his day in about 200 years or so from now. If you are still alive, you will be 0wn3d.
    Abalone! 200 years from now there will be a "Mr. Fusion" in every household (and under every hood). And if not, then we'll find a way to make cars run off cow farts. Electric-schmetric.

Is this all that's left for you to race these days?
    JDM STi Uppipe
    Kartboy Short Shifter
    Lead Foot

Favorite Passenger Comment: I feel like we're about to go lightspeed!

Originally posted by The Enemy
    Is this all that's left for you to race these days?
    I'll be his huckleberry if he comes to Flowery Branch!

Originally posted by lyonsd

I'll be his huckleberry if he comes to Flowery Branch!
    let me guess mustang 5.0....

Originally posted by SobeWRX

let me guess mustang 5.0....
    No.

tan

Re: Electric Car Encounter

Originally posted by chuglobal
    Well I'm driving home today and took a different route on Windy Hill > Powers Ferry. This electric car ... it had a Saturn plate but I thought it was a Honda....
    It's the GM EV1 which was sold at Saturn dealerships, which was sold in a limited market, parts of California and Arizona