Why the WRX is not a fast car - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Why the WRX is not a fast car within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; But the 0-60 times (I would think would include launching the car), at least more so than most people would ...

But the 0-60 times (I would think would include launching the car), at least more so than most people would do even if they were trying to jump ahead of the car next to them. But notice a lot of these times are when the driver wasn't really paying attention or shifted a bit too early. I've rarely had a problem passing anyone if I was paying attention and gave it my all (except for launching the car).

Holy crap, it didn't take me all that long to post this and already four of you posted before me.

Dayumn. You're all like Buick Park Avenue fast at replying.
    Last edited by DenverWRX; 02-16-2005 at 01:42 AM.
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX, Java Black Pearl.
    Modifications

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow, I dont feel so bad after reading all these stories. I have been saying all along that my Rex was a lot harder to drive hard than my old eclipse or even the RSX. To get the most out of it requires a lot more work and concentration.

I got into it with a driver on the interstate one time who was in an Ion. I was cruising in 5th at about 70 when I noticed he suddenly punched it and was pulling. I dropped into 4th at about 70 and it felt like an eternity before I built up some steam and pulled pretty hard on him. Guess I need some mods.

the rex is fast, but not on an amazing level
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by cyrilgrey
    i wasn't meaning to go until he went. obviously i could have taken first to redline, had i wanted to. playing catch up in this car doesn't work very well.

like i said, properly driven the car can be quick. fast, now that's another concept. if i were driving a corvette, what would have happened?

Sounds like you cant drive a turbocharged car very well, or maybe you need some lessons
    2005 Legacy GT Limited OBP 5MT
    -25% Carbon Tint
    -Rear Brake Lens Tinited
    -GFB Hybrid BOV
    -Perrin Panel Filter
    -Intake Silencer Removed
    -Headlight Eyelids
    -Kartboy STS W/Front Bushings
    -STI Trans Mount
    -VEI Digital Boost Gauge
    -Fumoto Valve

Quote Originally Posted by BiG PaPi 34
    Sounds like you cant drive a turbocharged car very well, or maybe you need some lessons

Sounds like he can drive a turbo car and he knew what he could of done and killed the guy, but decided not to
    2003 PSM WRX

Bugeye Mafia Hitman

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    First off, props to cyrilgrey for having the b@lls to post this thread.

Second, stop bashing him based on your pride and put yourself in his position. You think he drives a rex because he doesn't like it? When I had my WRX from stock, to stage 2, to 18G stage 4, I got caught off gaurd at all stages, and ran into faster cars at all stages. I know exactly how he feels, playing catchup with a much slower car in discouraging to say the least...

As some one who has owned both a 300+ WHP WRX and a 300+ WHP Corvette, I can tell you both cars have there strengths and weaknesses. For the WRX, it's traction is it's greatest advantage... for the Vette, it's greatest disadvantage. A WRX, even bone-stock is a very quick car... if launched correctly off the line. If you bog, or misshift, you better have a big-a$$ turbo or you are dead. I ran into this problem a few times with my rex even at 332 WHP. I say a WRX is a fantastic street car, 1/8 mile car, and even a pretty good autocrosser. But as far as being a truely "fast" car, I think a car should do 60 in less than 5 seconds, put down 1/4 mile traps of close to if not over 100 mph, and pull close to a full g in the skidpad.

AWD rules the stoplights and with enough power will obviously rule everything but drifting and top speed records... Hell I wish my Vette was AWD everytime I'm at a light next to another fast car. But once I stop spining, I rape most opponents like a new inmate at showertime.

And for the record, real races are won at a racetrack, and I dont mean a dragstrip. This is where you can tell if your car is really fast.

I love WRXs.

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin
    What the $@#$ is every one talking about??? The WRX is not fast??? Why is it then that 90% of the cars I pull up to are slower than mine? You could prolly look that %-age up and find out its even higher than that. Its that 10% of cars that make a rex look slow. Here is a link http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html The newer rex's are not listed but I guess the 0-60 time is around 5.4 or even 5.6 if you like (factory). And that list is realistic since many of them are old cars as well as new and that is what you are facing on the road. Yeah many cars on that list are really old but still. Anyway, I know I dont own the fastest car on the road and never will. I just know that my car (WRX) is not slow by any comparative means. I think I'm done venting now so you can all go ahead and tell me how wrong I am but whatever I really dont care any more after this post. And stop complaining if you are and sell yer d@mn WRX and get a Lamborghini or something. I only had the $24,000 plus bucks and decided on the AWD that was "fast" AND I could fit my kid into with ease. Anyway WHATEVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin
    What the $@#$ is every one talking about??? The WRX is not fast??? Why is it then that 90% of the cars I pull up to are slower than mine? You could prolly look that %-age up and find out its even higher than that. Its that 10% of cars that make a rex look slow. Here is a link http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html The newer rex's are not listed but I guess the 0-60 time is around 5.4 or even 5.6 if you like (factory). And that list is realistic since many of them are old cars as well as new and that is what you are facing on the road. Yeah many cars on that list are really old but still. Anyway, I know I dont own the fastest car on the road and never will. I just know that my car (WRX) is not slow by any comparative means. I think I'm done venting now so you can all go ahead and tell me how wrong I am but whatever I really dont care any more after this post. And stop complaining if you are and sell yer d@mn WRX and get a Lamborghini or something. I only had the $24,000 plus bucks and decided on the AWD that was "fast" AND I could fit my kid into with ease. Anyway WHATEVER!
    maybe you should learn to read?

i'll give you $20 if you can pull a 5.4 second 0-60 on a stock WRX without raping the driveline.

maybe you should learn to read?

i'll give you $20 if you can pull a 5.4 second 0-60 on a stock WRX without raping the driveline.
    Why are we still on this? Some of you guys seem kind of immature. And what exactly do you mean by "rape" I've seen it done using a police radar setup. This guy was an awesome driver and as far as I know it wasnt "raped". You can go ahead and keep the $20 tho. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wrxmixx
    Why are we still on this? Some of you guys seem kind of immature. And what exactly do you mean by "rape" I've seen it done using a police radar setup. This guy was an awesome driver and as far as I know it wasnt "raped". You can go ahead and keep the $20 tho. Thanks

Why are you still on this?
    Don't like it, go away. Thanks!

Why are you still on this?
    Don't like it, go away. Thanks!
    Um... No.

what are you guys talking about.. the wrx is the fastest car in the whole world!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wrxmixx
    *cough*IT IS HIS THREAD*cough*
    2003 PSM WRX

Bugeye Mafia Hitman

if you want no lag get a vf23....but then dont say anythin when you run out of top end power
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Quote Originally Posted by Yodaman
    So I lined up against a Honda Insight, I put the car in 6th and he totally destroyed me. I am selling my rex now for an insight, so much fast4r.

How did you get it to 6th gear if you don't have an sti...hmmm?? J/K

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast