Why the WRX is not a fast car - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Why the WRX is not a fast car within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by WRX if the WRX is such a slow car, how can I (with an automatic trans) run ...

Quote Originally Posted by WRX
    if the WRX is such a slow car, how can I (with an automatic trans) run 13's with just exhaust and reflash?
    The point is that the wrx has a lot to show off in 1/4 times, but from a roll, or not being in the "sweet spot" or having to play "catch-up" the wrx is not all that impressive often.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dark_rex
    i hear you. in a vette, you can mash the gas no matter what, and be in a decent position. in a WRX, you have to be a more conscious driver. that doesn't make the car slow.

not slow, just not "fast"

Quote Originally Posted by Chad W
    Would you have felt as bad is it was a Grand Prix GTP that did that to you?

They both share the same S/C 3.8, the Buick weighs about 300lbs more, but straight line performance isn't that far off.

actually, no i wouldn't have. thanks for that info. i couldn't begin to imagine what it had.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    You'd be surprised. Even though I do love our cars, they are far from invincible. When I was stage II, a 3.8 taurus wagon got the jump on me and I had trouble catching up. I got pissed and bought a VF34

that's exactly what i plan to do

every car has its weakness. for that insta-torque and buslengths feeling i have the SV650

DTR: I know exactly what you mean...

If the other vehicle gets the jump and catches the WRX in a flat spot, it's gonna take some time to reel in the other car. It's the equivalent to spotting out another vehicle 5-10 spots at the dragstrip, and letting them launch first.

The other night, I wasn't paying attention in a two lane left turn lane (damn XM Radio is distracting... ), and the Tahoe next to me nailed the gas as soon as the green arrow came on. He was across the intersection, while I proceeded with a mild start (off boost) . As the ramp we were turning onto merged to one lane up ahead, it took me awhile to catch back up and pass him by. Took a lot more room, and more time than I expected...

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

J-H
    someone at some point had in it's signature....

WRX = Quick
    STI = Fast

I guess that is the point....
    My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

To me a real race is from a dead stop. No rolls or punches!! I would never feel as bad losing if someone had a jump on me.Playing catch up in ANY car is tough.If someone has the jump on you your car better be a hell of a lot faster than his.I would not be so dissapointed in your car.And you never know who is running some bottle.

yeah it definately makes a differnece which gear you are in. I was playing with a freind of mine in his v6 auto monte carlo from a 70 mph roll, first run i kept it in 4th gear and once i hit boost i pull past him, but not very quickly. however, the next run i kept it in 3rd and flew by him like he wasn't moving instantly.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

You will find that if you are just playing around with some one and they get the jump then they actually could of been flooring it longer than you think. Making it seem like your and their car is even. But if you line them up even from a stop or a roll you would probably kill him. Playing around with someone is not a good judge of whos car is faster. It could go either way making your car seem faster or theirs.

What the $@#$ is every one talking about??? The WRX is not fast??? Why is it then that 90% of the cars I pull up to are slower than mine? You could prolly look that %-age up and find out its even higher than that. Its that 10% of cars that make a rex look slow. Here is a link http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html The newer rex's are not listed but I guess the 0-60 time is around 5.4 or even 5.6 if you like (factory). And that list is realistic since many of them are old cars as well as new and that is what you are facing on the road. Yeah many cars on that list are really old but still. Anyway, I know I dont own the fastest car on the road and never will. I just know that my car (WRX) is not slow by any comparative means. I think I'm done venting now so you can all go ahead and tell me how wrong I am but whatever I really dont care any more after this post. And stop complaining if you are and sell yer d@mn WRX and get a Lamborghini or something. I only had the $24,000 plus bucks and decided on the AWD that was "fast" AND I could fit my kid into with ease. Anyway WHATEVER!

uke
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin
    What the $@#$ is every one talking about??? The WRX is not fast??? Why is it then that 90% of the cars I pull up to are slower than mine? You could prolly look that %-age up and find out its even higher than that. Its that 10% of cars that make a rex look slow. Here is a link http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html The newer rex's are not listed but I guess the 0-60 time is around 5.4 or even 5.6 if you like (factory). And that list is realistic since many of them are old cars as well as new and that is what you are facing on the road. Yeah many cars on that list are really old but still. Anyway, I know I dont own the fastest car on the road and never will. I just know that my car (WRX) is not slow by any comparative means. I think I'm done venting now so you can all go ahead and tell me how wrong I am but whatever I really dont care any more after this post. And stop complaining if you are and sell yer d@mn WRX and get a Lamborghini or something. I only had the $24,000 plus bucks and decided on the AWD that was "fast" AND I could fit my kid into with ease. Anyway WHATEVER!
    You haven't read whole thread, have you? It's about how when caught in the wrong gear, the wrx can get caught off guard by cars with a flatter powerband. You also sound like a 16 year old with a big head. You'd think that with being a parent comes maturity, but I guess not.

By the way, what mods does your rex have? Betcha I could hang with my slow boat.
    06 GTO - yeah, it's pretty quick
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

I Support ClubWRX
    I just think the WRX is not a no-brainer kind of car. In order to get the most out of it, you have to be a very aware driver. That's not to say that it isn't easy to drive, it just takes some work and good driving for it to be the high performance beast that it is.

That quote comes to mind, goes something like "if you can't go fast with 90hp, 900 isn't going to help".
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin
    Did you let the kid on the hood of the car in your avatar write that for you? As previously suggested, read the whole thread to understand what is truly being said.

Is reading comprehension still required in school these days?

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Quote Originally Posted by Dan00Hawk
    Did you let the kid on the hood of the car in your avatar write that for you? As previously suggested, read the whole thread to understand what is truly being said.

Is reading comprehension still required in school these days?
    ^WOW, everyone's a freak in here today^ What is with all the yelling

test

sorry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.