2005 mustang has bawlz!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2005 mustang has bawlz! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ok, so i was on my way to school today and there was an new 05 Mustang GTwith Transporter plates ...

Thumbs up 2005 mustang has bawlz!

ok, so i was on my way to school today and there was an new 05 Mustang GTwith Transporter plates on route 112. I get next to him and we are toying with eachother for about a mile. We hit a light. I didnt know if he wanted to go because he was a transporter and not his car. I was wrong.

He revs, I give a nod. On green we go. I get an alright launch, and he is spinning trying to get some traction (it was a little slick out). I get about a car - car and a half on him it stayed like that until around 75-80 when he was creeping up slowly. I shut down at about 95ish with his front bumper at my rear and still pulling. We give thumbs up and go on our way.

Top end is really this car's playing field. I was really impressed because the 04 and older cant do that with me.

I love the new Mustang. Think of how fast it will be with full exhaust
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

good run, nice to know how a stg 2 does against one.

Good kill. Ive heard that they are impressive stock.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

There are two of them at my school already...I'm going to have to pick on them now
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

J-H
    You are right HellaFastWRX, I had a run with a 03 or 04 GT and I put good distance between me and him.....we went 70-140+. He had two passengers though, but I did walk him fairly easy...

I want to run one of the newer ones.....thanks for the heads up

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

nice. I have already killed 2 of them. one time on a on ramp. Has 2 lanes for a long time then merge to 1. Took him hard core. He came back to try a fly bye on the freeway. Shut him down again no problem. Thats about the time i kinda wish I had a "you just got beat by a wagon" sticker. They don't seem all that impressive to me any how. At least out of the box.
    2002 wagon 83k miles
    perrin short ram, inlet & fmic, perrin / samco hoses and fuel rails, bosal dp. erz upp, borla catback, sti ra gears w/ stock 5th, act clutch & fly, vf30, AP, perrin end links, critical cooling kit, hks bov, perrin 4pot brakes, rota wheels, hid w/ levals

Racenut3.0 - said
    "The worst thing about the AP is it did not come with any fairy dust. I wanna fly dammit!"

Yeah stock fromt the factory their ecu's really damper the cars ability but I heard they came out with a really good ecu for it like a month or so after the car went on sale. Something about the revs being way limited and the car gets slowed down by the ecu at higher rpm's or something along those lines.
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

new stangs = sweet

I haven't had the honor of running into one of those sexy machines on the street yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    new stangs = sweet

I haven't had the honor of running into one of those sexy machines on the street yet.
    hey Brian, what front mount do you have? That is exactly how i want the front of my car to look this summer
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

nice run....w/ 300hp they should be quick
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

300 huh ok did not seem to impressive even with his attempted come back. oh well
    2002 wagon 83k miles
    perrin short ram, inlet & fmic, perrin / samco hoses and fuel rails, bosal dp. erz upp, borla catback, sti ra gears w/ stock 5th, act clutch & fly, vf30, AP, perrin end links, critical cooling kit, hks bov, perrin 4pot brakes, rota wheels, hid w/ levals

Racenut3.0 - said
    "The worst thing about the AP is it did not come with any fairy dust. I wanna fly dammit!"

I've seen a few around.. I cant wait to run an MT GT. good race
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

So much for the break in process for that car.

you would be suprised what happens to your car before you get it

break it in like you drive it every day.
    Handling: Kyb AGX struts, Tein springs, camber bolts, Alignment -1.3F/-1.0R
    Looks: Gold powder coated stockers, Tint 30%F/20%rear, Infinity speakers, Sony deck
    Future mods: Legacy GT
    Car domain:http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/852175

Ya, I am thinking of getting one. You might want to be on the lookout for some modded ones because they are sick. They will run mid 12s with a simple chip, pulley, gears and air filter kit for under $1K. Exhaust and drag radials will put them down right around 12 flat, then of course when someone finally drops a s/c or turbo kit into one, we'll have the first 05 Mustang GT that can run in the 11s

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast