2005 mustang has bawlz! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2005 mustang has bawlz! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by mball Ya, I am thinking of getting one. You might want to be on the lookout for ...

J-H
    Quote Originally Posted by mball
    Ya, I am thinking of getting one. You might want to be on the lookout for some modded ones because they are sick. They will run mid 12s with a simple chip, pulley, gears and air filter kit for under $1K. Exhaust and drag radials will put them down right around 12 flat, then of course when someone finally drops a s/c or turbo kit into one, we'll have the first 05 Mustang GT that can run in the 11s

R U serious? That's crazy.....I saw some supped up ones at the dealership and they looked good, not sure if they were the new saleens or cobras.....it might've just been a body kit.

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by J-H
    R U serious? That's crazy.....I saw some supped up ones at the dealership and they looked good, not sure if they were the new saleens or cobras.....it might've just been a body kit.
    Ya, I dont even want to think of how fast one could get if you had those mods and then added a big shot of nitrous to it. The ones you saw were most likely Saleens because the Cobras aren't out for another year and half

Registered User spyderpaint2004's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponm
    So much for the break in process for that car.
    going fast is how u break in a car for maximum hp and speed gains.

anyways, i love the mustangs, and like i said b4 im a ford junky. we are building a cobra kit car which will be very exciting when its done. id throw up some picks of the work, but this is no ford place. i would love to own a new stang, but id wait till the cobra. that thing looks bad@ss

mmm... The mustang GT is very nice... 4 valve Cobra motor finally makes it to the GT... I could dig 8000rpm audio soundtrack from that V8... yum

4.10:1 Rear end, Drag radials, Full exhaust = low twelves
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED

The 05 mustang GT has a 3 valve 4.6 motor, not the 4 valve Cobra motor. The Mach 1 for 03, 04 had a naturally asperated 4 valve motor (my buddy has one). Either way it is still an impressive car.

Just wait until Ultimate Racing finishes their TT kit for the new Pony.
    FS: 02 WRX with JDM V7 RA-C

Most their parts on the on the 05 stang also cripple the Hp to around 240 hp something stock.

$400 gets you a tune with another 20+ Hp pretty much the best tuner you need.
    Air intake brings 4 to 15 hp with a tune cheap.
    Exhuast bring about 4Hp cheap.
    Few minor things give Hp.

S/c differant models bring anywhere top HP to 390 or all the way up to 495 both for under 4 grand.

i bet i could walk one
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

I'm sure there will be $3500 blower kits for these things pretty soon, turning them easily into 11s street monsters. My 99 GT ran 12.4's @ 113 with nothing more than a bolt-on kit from Vortech and Nittos. i spent another $1000, and shaved nearly another second off.

It's really the way to go if you want a straight line rocket. Handling is another story. When I drive my mustang after driving my evo for a few days, it's almost nauseating (sp).
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mball
    Ya, I am thinking of getting one. You might want to be on the lookout for some modded ones because they are sick. They will run mid 12s with a simple chip, pulley, gears and air filter kit for under $1K. Exhaust and drag radials will put them down right around 12 flat, then of course when someone finally drops a s/c or turbo kit into one, we'll have the first 05 Mustang GT that can run in the 11s
    hehe...thats nice and all, but I'd like to see someone actually get the mods listed above for under 1K. The "chip" alone will be $400 or more. Got a list of these parts and prices, 'cause I'm very curious. I saw the modded one from Paul's High Performance (Paul Z. is an old acquaintance of mine from back in my L days) and they had a LOT more than 1K into the car to get it into the 12s. He is the preferred tuner from Ford and gets their cars usually before they are avaailable to the public. He knows his stuff!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Steeda.com is selling most everything any other company is at about the same prices, thier ECU flash everyone else sells is under 380 buck some of the air intakes also take adavantage of the flash compared to WrXs seem to not benifit at all from a flash or just a boost from installing a better than factory model.

Correct me if you need to but this is about the best i could find in about the last 4 months bouncing back from all the wagons to the 05 mustang.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dingobite
    Steeda.com is selling most everything any other company is at about the same prices, thier ECU flash everyone else sells is under 380 buck some of the air intakes also take adavantage of the flash compared to WrXs seem to not benifit at all from a flash or just a boost from installing a better than factory model.

Correct me if you need to but this is about the best i could find in about the last 4 months bouncing back from all the wagons to the 05 mustang.
    Wasn't trying to correct you, just trying to understand where the money amount came from. I went to the Steeda site and the chip, catback, x-pipe alone run about 1300. That might get it into the high 12 with some slicks. Obviously the chip is key to get around that stupid anti-burnout that ford has programed into the GTs. Toss in another 150-300 bucks for a rear gear set and it will most definitly hit 12s. All totaled, around 1500 bucks, which isn't bad at all!!!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.