GSX vs EVO MR, Cammed SS, Mach 1 and a bunch of rice
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on GSX vs EVO MR, Cammed SS, Mach 1 and a bunch of rice within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well I was gonna post up an elaborate story concerning my EVO kill two weekends ago however this last Satuday ...

GSX vs EVO MR, Cammed SS, Mach 1 and a bunch of rice

Well I was gonna post up an elaborate story concerning my EVO kill two weekends ago however this last Satuday night events I find are more interesting to write about.
    As most of you know, I recently lost to an STi on the freeway. As a result of this, I went through many stages of anger, denial, frustration and ultimately confusion.
    I had lost faith in the GSX. I was no longer confident in the 400 angry ponies I kept under the OEM hood.

After dropping off the girlfriend, I noticed an abundant amount of rice on the freeway heading the other direction. Being awake and bored, I decided to turn around and follow. Long story short, I went up to Ravensdale, a local track/highway out in the middle of nowhere. No exciting races were taking place when I got there, just a bunch of standing around/smack talking.

I was eager to prove the GSXs worthiness. I was seeking redemption and yes, I wanted to run something fast. So I just shouted "who wants to run an 11 sec GSX?!?" The crowd starts talking. I roll up to the line, somewhat complacent in my own little world with 'The Game' playing out of my Bose speakers providing a thugged out soundtrack. Sure enough, rice lines up next to me. A white gutted hatch. I smoke him bad. Very bad. I saw this more as launch practice than an actual race. It was fun flying down the highway with my wastegate blasting off the spectating ricers. Oohs and awws were heard from the crowd.

Next was a 300zx, then an Integra. Each seemingly slaughtered worse than the last. Yes these were all slow cars, but I was again beginning to find confidence in my ride. Then the white EVO MR rolls through. I immediately call him out. He is naturally cocky, and accepts. The asian flager annouces the matchup to the spectators as if it was the main fight at the MGM grand. I look over at the EVO driver and ask "what you got done?" "A few little things" he replies with a smirk on his face. I knew it was stock turbo, I could feel it. Relief washes over me.

The flagger drops his arms. At 6500rpm I slip the clutch out. it was the launch of the century. I swear it was a 1.6 60" The EVO gets an impressive launch also, being only a car back at the end of first gear. After that, I just straight out muscled him pulling 4-6 cars up to 110mph where I shut it down. He never came up beside me. That was fine, I made my point and I went home with a new strange satisfaction.

Well that satisfaction stayed with me until last Saturday. A meetup was arranged with some SRT-4 driving friends over on SRT forums. We were to meet at the local spot at 11. I showed up early with two friends. Nothing worthy seemed to be present. I cruised along the backside of they neighboring Jack in the Box when I unintentionally drove directly into what seemed to be a trap. 3 domestics blocking the way. A blue/grey 5.0, a red/sliver striped SS, and a black Mach 1. They were even pointed intentionally in a half circle. I imagine for intimidation purposes. I roll up to the Mach 1. "Wanna run?"

"Okay." is all he says.
    "Coulon?" i ask.
    "Sure" he says.

Now this seems too easy. Fast cars ready to run. It never works out like this. Not one to complain, I head out to the track with the three domestics close behind. I start playing out scenarios in my head. If the Mach is not spraying, he's mine. But I was definitely concerned with the SS. Heads/cam or 150 shot would take me if he hooked up. These thought were immediately dismissed by the sound of aftermarket V8 exhaust in the fast lane of the freeway. The Mach 1 wanted to try me on the way there, and I had 600lbs worth of additional weight in the GSX. Well I hit it anyway and he follows suit. Due to getting the jump I instantly put 1-2 cars on him which is followed by 4-6 more. Not even close. This Mach 1 was close to stock. Relief again washes over me.

We get to the track and check for police. My friends get out and I line up. As long as I don't completely mess up I have this. My buddy drops his arms and I launch too hard. The rpms stay at redline throughout first gear. I look to my speedometer and wait for 35mph. It comes and hit the rev limiter. Damn. Big backfire. Slam second and continue on. I had about 10 cars at the end of 3rd gear so I shut it down. On the way back, I signal to the spectating SS to bring it. He does.

We line up and he stages. I must say I am intimidated by this display of power. It is times like this that two liters of displacement just makes you feel inadequate.
    Well, my buddy once again drops his arms and I get a good launch. Took the SS of the line by about 2 cars I would say. Slammed second and he was still back there. Third gear comes and he is coming up on me. Damn. This car was soo loud it completely drowned out my external wastegate at WOT.

I saw it in the rear view, and damn it looked fast. Then I realized I was ahead, and thought "Damn I'm fast!" He got a car back by the time I shut it down right at 4th gear. A little less than a quarter, but the end of the track nonetheless. He was a car back and if we had taken to the middle of fourth we probably would have been dead even. Great race.

We stop at the end just in time and he says "fast car" or something to that effect.
    "Yeah good run, let's go again" I reply. These domestic guys were surprisingly cool.

We line up again and I get a great launch this time putting the SS back. As I hit third I realize the SS got off it. I come back and they say they think they broke something yet don't pop the hood, just stare at the Camaro's exhaust. He said had a cam, 4.10's and bolt-ons. In retrospect, I think the SS smelled defeat and gave up. Either way, the four banger that could came out on top. I relayed the 'broken SS' story to my friends who said that he must've broken his ego and had to go home to fix it

For some reason I thought the 5.0 would be the fastest, but he didn't want any. Apparently it was the slowest. We headed out, and I was more than satisfied with the state of the GSX. That SS did out trap me, but I won.
    95 GSX - GT30R

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Theres a group running around with a cammed camaro, Mach 1 and atleast a few 5 liter mustangs that tried to start a fight with me and my friends at one track, so careful with that group of people. Good wins though, sounds like a long night.
    '02 WRB WRX wingless
    Its stock...I swear....and its N/A too
    ...thats not turbo spool you hear thats a vaccuum leak!

Good story, I used to have the same exact car, except mine said TALON

No offense, I would just like to point out that you sounded as cocky as the people you described . But who cares you won right?

Do you have 400Crank or 400WHP? Stock bottom end on a 2G? WHat do you trap at? ANy Dyno Graph? How do you tune? Mods? Thanks just curiuos of your setup.

OH< one last thing. Just because an Evo has the stock turbo, does not mean it will make less power. The stock Evo HEAD flows more then a 1G does, let alone a 2G. People make 400WHP on them, be careful. The Evo 16G is also more efficient then a 18G. You should look into a Green, that is a BAD ASS DSM turbo, best for pump gas.
    Last edited by TSi AWD; 02-14-2005 at 02:42 PM.

uke
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceyvme
    Theres a group running around with a cammed camaro, Mach 1 and atleast a few 5 liter mustangs that tried to start a fight with me and my friends at one track, so careful with that group of people. Good wins though, sounds like a long night.
    It baffles me that someone would want to get into a physical fight over racing cars. If you win, great. If you lose, oh well, you still had fun.

People take this way too seriously sometimes.
    06 GTO - yeah, it's pretty quick
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

Quote Originally Posted by TSi AWD
    Good story, I used to have the same exact car, except mine said TALON

No offense, I would just like to point out that you sounded as cocky as the people you described . But who cares you won right?

Do you have 400Crank or 400WHP? Stock bottom end on a 2G? WHat do you trap at? ANy Dyno Graph? How do you tune? Mods? Thanks just curiuos of your setup.

OH< one last thing. Just because an Evo has the stock turbo, does not mean it will make less power. The stock Evo HEAD flows more then a 1G does, let alone a 2G. People make 400WHP on them, be careful. The Evo 16G is also more efficient then a 18G. You should look into a Green, that is a BAD ASS DSM turbo, best for pump gas.
    Are you kidding? My GT30R kicks th **** out of a FP Green. The Green is standard bearing and limited to 52lbs of air a minute. It's a small turbo. Mine is ball bearing and much larger. It's a stock 7 bolt. I didn't mean to come off as cocky, sorry.

I am well aware of the 11 sec stock turbo evos. I just knew this wasn't one of them. A mildly ported 2G head will outflow both the EVO and a 1G due to the angle of the runners.
    No dyno charts or times with this setup. Here are some pics

95 GSX - GT30R

They wanted to fight Christian with the blue SRT4 - are you one of his friends?

They were surprisingly cool to me.
    95 GSX - GT30R

I liked the long detailed writeup, makes it more interesting

Very well written story, I wish I could write like that.

Hey bro sweet car, and a great story. I'm proud that you are out there showing what a 4G63 is made of. Even if you lost to that STi, your car is still bad A$$. Remember there is always someone faster out there.

P.S. My guess is that the Sti had the Avo 500 hp kit.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by HighPsiAwd
    They wanted to fight Christian with the blue SRT4 - are you one of his friends?

They were surprisingly cool to me.

Nah, but I heard about that, Im Ceyvme over on Srtforums also. I woulda been happy to knock them down a peg (7 years spar boxing =) ), but it was me and like 4 friends, vs. them with like 10+ and cops nearby.

I wanna see your car sometime though man, looks like a great setup and after seeing the pictures it looks true sleeper.
    '02 WRB WRX wingless

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    Quote Originally Posted by HighPsiAwd
    I was eager to prove the GSXs worthiness. I was seeking redemption and yes, I wanted to run something fast. So I just shouted "who wants to run an 11 sec GSX?!?" The crowd starts talking. I roll up to the line, somewhat complacent in my own little world with 'The Game' playing out of my Bose speakers providing a thugged out soundtrack. .

Quote Originally Posted by uke
    It baffles me that someone would want to get into a physical fight over racing cars. If you win, great. If you lose, oh well, you still had fun.

People take this way too seriously sometimes.
    Once i stabbed this girl on a Trike because she had an extra wheel..

nice kills man
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Quote Originally Posted by zoophagy

Glad you could show a picture of yourself man, must be a lot of gangs in ohio...
    '02 WRB WRX wingless

Very well written story. I like how you do a play by play.
    Your car looks amazing, especially making that much power and retaining the stock look. Get a better camera and take some more pics!

Glad you could show a picture of yourself man, must be a lot of gangs in ohio...
    Thats not z00p

THIS IS ZOOP!

Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.