GSX vs EVO MR, Cammed SS, Mach 1 and a bunch of rice - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on GSX vs EVO MR, Cammed SS, Mach 1 and a bunch of rice within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; IDK, Both the Green and The GT30 make over 400WHP on pump gas, which is pretty much what you are ...

IDK, Both the Green and The GT30 make over 400WHP on pump gas, which is pretty much what you are limited to on a daily Basis. Race gas the Green has made High 10 second passes along with a 20G. The GT30R may be a better turbo, but you make it sound like it will Beat the Green like it is a T-25 or soemthing smaller. Be careful, you'll reach the End of your Rods before the end of your turbo. Why not build a 2.2 Block? That would be nice.

Nice car. How is the spoolup on that turbo? What manifold do you use?
    Last edited by TSi AWD; 02-15-2005 at 06:08 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TSi AWD
    IDK, Both the Green and The GT30 make over 400WHP on pump gas, which is pretty much what you are limited to on a daily Basis. Race gas the Green has made High 10 second passes along with a 20G. The GT30R may be a better turbo, but you make it sound like it will Beat the Green like it is a T-25 or soemthing smaller. Be careful, you'll reach the End of your Rods before the end of your turbo. Why not build a 2.2 Block? That would be nice.

Nice car. How is the spoolup on that turbo? What manifold do you use?
    I agree they are both good turbos, my buddy is currently running a Green on his 95 and it is impressive. I know my bottom end is maxed out and I'm hoping it will stay together until the 2.3 stroker goes in. I run the SFP manifold and Evolution wastegate. With the 65 lb/min compressor I have, I don't hit full boost until 5000rpm
    95 GSX - GT30R

That is too Laggy for my taste, but a 2.3 will certainly help that. Go with 9.0-1 compression, it'll further aid in spoolup and since you will be running ROSS (ihope) pistons it'll handle this better. IDK how your rods are in teh stroker. When I was modding My DSM, I always wanted a stroker but the rods looked so weak.

Did you port your head? Running a better intake manifold? **** man look into a small 50-shot just to spool your turbo plus it'll keep things Nice and cool.

When you rebuild, remove those balance shafts while your at it, but your Turbo FAR exceeds your 2G rods.

I myself am saving for a TurboTirxx Turbo kit. It is a little pricey but they install AND TUNE for free if you buy from them. They have an AWD dyno so you can't go wrong. Their Kit is Type of 50Trim but flows more then a Green, spools faster. Comes with an Equal lengthe Manifold too, it is NICE, and makes 450WHP on pump gas and fully spooled by 36-3700, Can't think of a better unit and 450WHP is enough on the street.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12