Stg2 WRX vs M3.... again
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stg2 WRX vs M3.... again within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, my friend and I were driving home from a club this weekend and we decided to have a little ...

Stg2 WRX vs M3.... again

Well, my friend and I were driving home from a club this weekend and we decided to have a little fun on the wide open highway. He had one extra passenger than I did and we did two runs.

First run, no honks we just lined up at 60mph and he got the jump. He jumped out to a quick one car lead and we stayed like that with him slightly gaining and then I shut down at about 90mph because I saw a car merging up ahead. He had about 1 1/2 car lengths between us.

Second race we lined up again at 60mph and this time I started the 3 honks. He had a delayed reaction so I jumped out in front first. Couldn't really see him so I know he was probably right in my blind spot. I wind out all of third gear and I still can't see him. I know he's gonna be coming up any second now... I shift to fourth and I see him in the corner of my eye and wow that m3 motor sounds awesome. Fourth gear is a dead gear for the WRX as we all know so he pretty much shoots by me and gains a car length in no time. I shut down after that because 1) we're going plenty fast already, about a 100mph and 2) I know it would have just gotten really ugly with the M3 topend.

Overall, I was very impressed with the results because I'm giving up 50hp or so to the crank 280hp vs 333hp, so I'm sure whp is even more of a difference. I've raced this friend before on the streets but he made excuses and didn't want to run from a stop so we did 15mph roll-ons. Pretty much same result but he would always jump to a quick lead and slowly pull to about 80mph where we would shut down with him starting to really pull. I would really love to take him from a stop. I bet I could probably hold him to about 70-80mph before he passed me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice run
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

mods?
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Nice run, I would not race anyone from a stop anymore. I used to think it was cool, and it is cool watching the wheels spin but teh damage it does to the drivetrain is atronomical. I've taken my car to the strip a few times and dropped the clutch a LOT. I am on a new tranny(RA), center diff, third clutch, and a JDM STI V8 motor after blowing the origional, and all this was prob over 10k. Bottom line, after a voided warrenty and money and time wasted, I would rather have your frineds M3!!! Even though my car is now scary fast, and from a roll will take one no problem. Try to be easy on it and run it from a roll....just my thoughts from a guy who has spent waaaayyyyyy too much on a Subaru!

the tranny breaking is your fault, not the fact of running from a stop...
    Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

Quote Originally Posted by gusto
    the tranny breaking is your fault, not the fact of running from a stop...
    Hows he supposed to take an M3 from a stop, if he babys it?

That would be rediculous. I think the only good thing about starting from a stop is because you can dump it/slip it and it is fast, but that puts severe stress through the car.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    mods?
    Currently I'm at Cobb stg2 - stromung 3in divorced dp w/ hi-flow cat, hks cat-back, gutted uppipe, and accessport. Been itching to upgrade turbos but I think I'm gonna switch to a UTEC before. I'm getting tired of Cobb and all of the broken promises for the access tuner and it's limited upgrade path. I think I want something bigger than a vf34... 18g... we'll see...

I am not really familiar with COB, other than what I have read on the forums. Good luck, that is pretty afst for a stage two. Wait unitl you get a new turbo, so much more fun to drive!

Quote Originally Posted by kpmatt00
    I am not really familiar with COB, other than what I have read on the forums. Good luck, that is pretty afst for a stage two. Wait unitl you get a new turbo, so much more fun to drive!
    i'm a stg 2 aswell, they are good for about 225+ whp on the 93 octane map. it's fast enough to get you into trouble if you are not careful.

jared

Yep the stage 2 Cobb is fast! I just put down a 228WHP on a G-tech. I have also clocked a 13.6 @ 103+mph in the rain! it moves good.
    I have 89K miles on my 02 wrx and no tranny issues with plenty of hard 5k launches on the original clutch, so if your blowing up your tranny...You don't know what your doing period.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

God, I want a M3 sooooooo bad
    <--- Robert

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    Yep the stage 2 Cobb is fast! I just put down a 228WHP on a G-tech. I have also clocked a 13.6 @ 103+mph in the rain! it moves good.
    I have 89K miles on my 02 wrx and no tranny issues with plenty of hard 5k launches on the original clutch, so if your blowing up your tranny...You don't know what your doing period.

So true. I'm at 93,000 miles. original clutch is perfect. 4th gear sync grinds just a little from letting a friend drive it one time.

what the hell im only putting only 205 whp with a protune from carwford. but is it true that the dynopack put 10to15 hp under the actual hp. and this on stock boost and 91octane. i stuck with a 2003 mustage with intake, exhast, and headers on a roll

Quote Originally Posted by SCWRX
    So true. I'm at 93,000 miles. original clutch is perfect. 4th gear sync grinds just a little from letting a friend drive it one time.
    If you take care of your car, it will take care of you!
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

Quote Originally Posted by kpmatt00
    Hows he supposed to take an M3 from a stop, if he babys it?

That would be rediculous. I think the only good thing about starting from a stop is because you can dump it/slip it and it is fast, but that puts severe stress through the car.

7 drag strip visits only stock the first time. After the first visit hitting 1.8's with a 03 bugeye wrx and tranny withstood!!! the driver has a lot 2 do with it. If you launch it right your tires spin and you get less spin. Your tire psi cant be low so you dont grip all of a sudden. More damag done to trannies from incorrect launch attempts.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast