Scary fast car
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Scary fast car within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I took a trip to Chicago over the weekend and on my way there had an interesting run in. I ...

Ike

Scary fast car

I took a trip to Chicago over the weekend and on my way there had an interesting run in. I was cruising in the left lane doing about 80 and overtake an SC300 that's doing probably about 70 in the middle lane behind some other cars. As soon as I saw it there was something fishy about the car, it was lowered, had a dual aftermarket exhaust, some nice aftermarket wheels and just seemed menacing. First thing that pops into my head is it's a turbo. Well as soon as he catches sight of me he darts into the right lane and gets on it a bit then pulls up next to me in the middle lane and starts pacing me. Sometimes I'm up for a little jaunt on the highway but this time my gut told me it wasn't a car to be triffled with, there was also some scattered traffic and I had a passenger.

He got on it a couple times for short spurts to egg me on, just the way he jumped of the line told me my instincts were correct, it was a turbo. I continued to not take the bait and just kept cruising at about 80 and after a few minutes he got bored rocketed off til he was 100 or so feet in front of me then dropped back to a slower cruising speed and that was that. I know, pretty unexciting stuff...

I joked to my girlfriend that there is a chance that car was putting out 800 or so whp, so getting home this evening I thought I'd see if I could find anything out about the car. I just assumed it was more your run of the mill 400-450whp turboed Lexus Boy was I wrong

This is what I found...
    802 rwhp @ 32 psi, q/m: 10.187 sec @ 137.9 mph (not sure how current those numbers are)

http://www.garagedynamics.com/chris.htm

What a sick car, I've always loved the SCs and now I love them even more, especially since this one is an MT. Just thought I'd share my little encounter, it has to be the fasted car I've ever encountered on the street. I just wish I had raced him so I could have seem it in action a little more Should you ever see this Chris, you have one amazing ride man.

Feel free to share any similar encounters you guys have had.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ah no wonder,it's a twin turbo Supra with a Lexus skin

Ike
    Quote Originally Posted by alucardr
    Ah no wonder,it's a twin turbo Supra with a Lexus skin
    Correction, big single.

I Support ClubWRX
    I love it! A luxury Supra. I want one.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by MidKnight
    I love it! A luxury Supra. I want one.
    Why are people so scared to raace someone when they know the car they race can hand them their ass? It's not like you loose your manhood or something! I raced a Lambo Diablo VT once with my bone stock rex and got mutilated! It was so awesome to see how fast that car was I didn't care that I couldn't keep up. It's all about the spirit of the drive if you ask me.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

Ike
    Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    Why are people so scared to raace someone when they know the car they race can hand them their ass? It's not like you loose your manhood or something! I raced a Lambo Diablo VT once with my bone stock rex and got mutilated! It was so awesome to see how fast that car was I didn't care that I couldn't keep up. It's all about the spirit of the drive if you ask me.
    I had my girlfriend with me, she tolerates me racing sometimes but gets a little freaked out. Since I knew I was going to get my ass handed to me I thought I'd act like I was being nice to her and not putting her through the stress of racing

I was at a local chicagoland shop about a year ago and they have a white SC300 that was VERY similar to that car running the upgraded single and Supra trans. The guy at the shop started it up for me and a buddy and reved it around a bit. it was a really nice car
    Last edited by DTR rex; 02-14-2005 at 12:50 AM.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Yep that's a quick car.

Guys pretty cool that owns it too he used to show up to our subie meets.

I mailed him this topic.

http://rise.gamester.net/CTGLD.WMV
    http://rise.gamester.net/RSDatGLD.WMV 09:00 in
    Last edited by BrianH; 02-13-2005 at 11:53 PM.

It depends...if the person is cool...i would love to be handed my ass...but if i dont like em, and they win, and they think they are better than me... thats when i dont wanna race
    WuDekStyle: i took the meanest **** at work today, i created an island there was so much nastiness
    WuDekStyle: i felt like a wild animal
    Official Cinematographer for the Bugeye Mafia

Hey guys,

Thanks to Brian for emailing me

Ike, it most likely wasn't me that you raced, as my car has been out since the fall It doesn't get to see our lovely Chicago winters... Scary enough there are 2 other pearl white SC300's here in IL that are turbo as well. One is a modest sized single on the GE motor and a 5spd, and the other is a Twin turbo SC400 (V8). The SC400 has put down I think somewhere around 300-400rwhp with much more to go I'm sure. However due to tranny strength he is not pushing it too hard. My thought is you ended up running that car, because he has similar looking wheels.

I'm actually just finishing up some winter mods SPGT42-76mm dual ball bearing turbo, larger injectors and a roll cage. I also put in a rps carbon/carbon clutch to prevent the slipping clutch again. Those passes you saw in the videos I had been having clutch issues all day, so hopefully this will fix it. The car should be done shortly, we'll be taking it down to TX in March for the Texas Supra Meet.

I''ll definitely be around this spring and summer, so hopefully I'll see you around. Look for me at Great Lakes.

Thanks again Brian, I'm sure I'll see you in the spring as well!

Chris
    SC300

thats why you go to the track and check out the really fast cars, you wouldn't have a 6 year old try and teach you how to read, now would you? Its all about league and when you line up at a roll, unless its somehting seriously ridiculous like your story, you put yourself out there, your machine against his, if you done the work to your car and want to show it off and get beat, you can wine about his bein 6 and yours bein 4 or whatever BS excuse you got. You, personally, probably wouldn't complain but then again. I think its a good move not to race every guy out there, pick your battles.

Ike
    Quote Originally Posted by quikturbo
    Hey guys,

Thanks to Brian for emailing me

Ike, it most likely wasn't me that you raced, as my car has been out since the fall It doesn't get to see our lovely Chicago winters... Scary enough there are 2 other pearl white SC300's here in IL that are turbo as well. One is a modest sized single on the GE motor and a 5spd, and the other is a Twin turbo SC400 (V8). The SC400 has put down I think somewhere around 300-400rwhp with much more to go I'm sure. However due to tranny strength he is not pushing it too hard. My thought is you ended up running that car, because he has similar looking wheels.

I'm actually just finishing up some winter mods SPGT42-76mm dual ball bearing turbo, larger injectors and a roll cage. I also put in a rps carbon/carbon clutch to prevent the slipping clutch again. Those passes you saw in the videos I had been having clutch issues all day, so hopefully this will fix it. The car should be done shortly, we'll be taking it down to TX in March for the Texas Supra Meet.

I''ll definitely be around this spring and summer, so hopefully I'll see you around. Look for me at Great Lakes.

Thanks again Brian, I'm sure I'll see you in the spring as well!

Chris
    SC300
    Well damn, it all seemed to add up... I guess if I had just run the guy I would have known it wasn't putting anywhere near 800whp. The one thing I did notice is the car that was egging me on seemed to be dropped a good amout more than your car in the photos. From the way the car was reacting it seemed like it was an MT, but hard to tell for sure since I only saw the car in action for very short stints. If you think of it pop back here and let me know when you're going to be up at GLD, I'd love to see your car run. My best friend lives 2 minutes from the track and we try to get up there a few times a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ike
    I had my girlfriend with me, she tolerates me racing sometimes but gets a little freaked out. Since I knew I was going to get my ass handed to me I thought I'd act like I was being nice to her and not putting her through the stress of racing
    I can totally relate to you on this. I get egged on all the time w/ my girl in the car and she hates me racing so I gotta just hold back but some times you just can't resist. I should know better though... no need to get her all pissed.

Ike, I will definitely let you know when I head up to the track
    look forward to it.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by quikturbo
    Ike, I will definitely let you know when I head up to the track
    look forward to it.

Chris
    me too

I get the tennisball.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast