WRX vs. SRT-4

This is a discussion on WRX vs. SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well after messing with a few SRT-4s (modded ones) and me only having a TBE I finally beat one tonight. ...

WRX vs. SRT-4

Well after messing with a few SRT-4s (modded ones) and me only having a TBE I finally beat one tonight. But to go back before I go into the run the night before I had installed a few things, such as: Header, crank pulley, typhoon intake, and a new up pipe.

So now to get back to the run. 1st run was from a roll. We were lined up, I was in 2nd doing about 40ish. Looked at each other and took off. We had to stop at around 60ish because of a light. But to my suprise, I see his headlights in my right mirror. I thought maybe he had not got a good start or somthing because his car didn't look or sound stock but I don't know a thing about SRT's. I heard a bov, and he had 3 gauges down his pillar. So we catch a light, but don't run from a dig. We roll in 1st and take off at about 30mph. And I began to walk him and shut down in 4th because it was pointless. I let him catch up to me and I saw he had 2 other people in his car, one video taping. (Maybe we can see the video on the srt forums ) He looked over at me and they all gave me that evil eye.

Good way to end my night.
    96 Honda Integra Type R
    97 Jeep Grand Cherokee (DD)
    02 Subaru WRX (sold)
    www.HirevImports.com
    Brandon@HiRevImports.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

J/K nice kill brandon
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

I also killed an SRT4 last night from a stop. We also did it from a roll and he just slowly walked me.

Nice kill, Brandon
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Nice kill.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

nice kill
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

way to go
    04 STi Blue
    2005 - 279WHP 306WTQ 13.1@105
    2006 - FPGreen
    LISC# 17 LongIslandSubaruClub.com

maybe he was auto or the people in his car were like 400lbs a piece? and his mods were all show and no go?

I dunno I just know that there are some people running cobb stg2 or the equivalent and when put up against a slightly modded srt4 they still get walked...some very badly. And you said you stopped at 4th? by mid 3rd it should have pulled on you as seen in many videos...

Im not calling you a liar but there are tons of factors that could have caused him to "lose."
    All i know is unless your car is chipped or somethin a full exhaust system even still might now cut it....

but what do I know?

a kill is a kill!

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice kill! Remember though that more people in the car = more weight. But you won, and that's all the matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Type1
    maybe he was auto
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

maybe he was auto
    Auto is not an option.
    Good kill, kind of dumb though that they gave you the evil eye. Seems like you dont have enough mods to pass an srt-4 from a roll but I believe you. That guy probably was an average driver and you are not and he probably never check for boost leaks, which this car comes with from the factory lol
    Pisses me off though, Ive only run my friends stock wrx and its no challenge when its dry out and today I ran into a big turbo wrx but I have a donut on my car and I couldnt run him.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipSRT-4
    Auto is not an option.
    Good kill, kind of dumb though that they gave you the evil eye. Seems like you dont have enough mods to pass an srt-4 from a roll but I believe you. That guy probably was an average driver and you are not and he probably never check for boost leaks, which this car comes with from the factory lol
    Pisses me off though, Ive only run my friends stock wrx and its no challenge when its dry out and today I ran into a big turbo wrx but I have a donut on my car and I couldnt run him.

oh....heh, thanks for the info. I didnt know these cars didnt come in auto. I guess this is a symbol for that!?!?!

Registered User spyderpaint2004's Avatar
    maybe he was auto or the people in his car were like 400lbs a piece? and his mods were all show and no go?

I dunno I just know that there are some people running cobb stg2 or the equivalent and when put up against a slightly modded srt4 they still get walked...some very badly. And you said you stopped at 4th? by mid 3rd it should have pulled on you as seen in many videos...

Im not calling you a liar but there are tons of factors that could have caused him to "lose."
    All i know is unless your car is chipped or somethin a full exhaust system even still might now cut it....

but what do I know?

a kill is a kill!
    well the SRT-4 is only manual, which equals all in the driver. he probably was some kid that cant drive a stick properly and gives the SRT-4 a bad look (which is a +1 to the public around that lil race)

I Support ClubWRX
    maybe he was auto

but what do I know?
    hmmm...exactly what I was thinking.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    hmmm...exactly what I was thinking.