good cross reference link for you guys (srt4 inside)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on good cross reference link for you guys (srt4 inside) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; good times. http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116338...

good cross reference link for you guys (srt4 inside)

RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

surprised. 40 views and no replys.
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

As I've said before its a great car to go fast in a strait line in. Must be nice with that race gas. Luckily we still get 94 octane in this god-awful state. I personally like the 1st gen neons for the lightness of chassis and more crisp handling.

-Chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Cool
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by fengshui
    As I've said before its a great car to go fast in a strait line in. Must be nice with that race gas. Luckily we still get 94 octane in this god-awful state. I personally like the 1st gen neons for the lightness of chassis and more crisp handling.

-Chris
    agreed...
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

Is it just me or has the wrx/sti and srt-4 relationship gotten a lot better over the last couple of months?
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

Quote Originally Posted by zapman
    Is it just me or has the wrx/sti and srt-4 relationship gotten a lot better over the last couple of months?

yes it has. and that's a good thing.
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

- Capt Crunch

Yeah people shouldn't be nubs when it comes to comparing cars, I have an srt-4 but think the wrx's are awesome, wouldn've gotten one for awd because i live in CO but I didn't have money.
    2004 E-Blue SRT-4
    Stage 1, Mopar STS

Sometimes I wish Subaru would think like DC when it comes to overbuilding the turbo engines, cus it does appear that even in the past, Chrysler was known for how much crazy power that could be reliably pulled out of their turbo engines with minimal work.
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

I am confused... a stage 1 SRT4 can beat a stage 2 STi from a roll? That is pretty disheartening.
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

stage I plus a few goodies like engine management, catback and a few other supporting mods.
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

how? please explain...and also how bad of a race (roll and dig) would it be between a bone stock WRX and a bone stock SRT-4?
    2004 WRX Sedan (SRR...Premium) SOLD

2012 WRX Plasma Blue 5-door

"Dude, the Chinaman is not the issue here. We're talking about unchecked agression here."

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinitus
    how? please explain...and also how bad of a race (roll and dig) would it be between a bone stock WRX and a bone stock SRT-4?
    It was me he ran against, and he took me pretty good. I'm not one for excuses, and TBH, was pretty surprised. However, I'm also pretty sure that if we had thought about it and swapped my passenger into his car, things might have been a little different. A +400 lb weight difference can mean quite a bit. Didn't even think of it at the time.

Plus, 104 octane is a huge difference in engine cooling, itgnition timing, and prevention of det. One day, we'll do this again. Until then, take my word for it...as I've said in the past, SRTs are no slouches and with some well planned mods, are extremely quick. With slicks, they are easily into the 12s.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Divinitus
    a wrx will loss badly every time stock vs stock with a srt4 from a roll. if the srt driver can drive it will usually beat a wrx in the quarter by a tenth or two which is a very small margin. so its a drivers race from a stop and a owning from a roll. also a good way to put the power differnce into perspective of stock/stock srt4 and wrx. my stock srt4 dynoed to the wheels more then a wrx makes at the crank. my dyno was 230hp/260lbtq

also my car is now "stage i" but thats just the oem computer upgrade it has. it also has the usual upgrades and engine management including a new wastgate actuator, mbc, cai, catback exhaust and the engine management. the car off the race gas trapped 107 with a very noticeable differnce on race gas it feels close to 110 or so now.
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.