America's Most Wanted - A Street Racer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on America's Most Wanted - A Street Racer within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; AMW's premier show had a street racer on the list. This idiot in a Vette (nothing against Vettes) killed a ...

America's Most Wanted - A Street Racer

AMW's premier show had a street racer on the list. This idiot in a Vette (nothing against Vettes) killed a jazz club owner in Detroit and will be caught. This year alone there have been four deaths directly attributed to street racing.

The only reason I'm bringing this up is to let you know that street racing is coming into the public view kind of like child abductions and West Nile virus. Maybe the problem is being over-hyped, maybe not, but the point is that those caught won't be given just a warning. And cops are looking especialy for that type of behavior. So it's up to you. I'm not going to preach about safety and what-not cause you've already heard it. But maybe it's just a better idea to do it at the track, because if you hurt someone WHILE street racing, nobody is going to cut you any slack.
    Prodrive Headlight Conversion
    STi Front Grill
    Turbochargers.com Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade - T28 Compressor
    The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel
    Wagons Are Cool Check Out My Baby Here!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

whoa! you have to be a sick human being to kill another human being, unless you're in an extreme situation like war or somthing. I missed the show did they want him for murder and street racing or just murder? Did they say he was a street racer? Do you know when it will be on again??
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Banned
    Originally posted by SpeedRacerWRX02
    whoa! you have to be a sick human being to kill another human being, unless you're in an extreme situation like war or somthing. I missed the show did they want him for murder and street racing or just murder? Did they say he was a street racer? Do you know when it will be on again??
    What if it wasnt on purpose?
    Or your kids life was on the line?
    Or the entire world was on the line?
    Or your life was on the line?

Originally posted by WRX>MUSTANG

I'm sorry officer! Yes I was driving at 120 in a 30 zone, and yes I was racing that guy in the Z-28, but I didn't mean to kill that innocent bystander on purpose!

What's wrong with this picture?

-Pace

Originally posted by SpeedRacerWRX02
    The situation was this: IIRC

Two Vettes, one old, one brand new (didn't even have plates yet) were racing down Gratiot Ave. Now Gratiot is a hot spot for street racing. I used to hang out there quite a bit when I was younger. They went from a stop up to an excess of 80 mph. The jazz club owner (I don't remember his name) was in a newer Jag and was struck from behind by the new Vette. The Vette went under the Jag, sending it flying into a telephone pole right into the drivers side. The pics of the Jag were horrible. I don't know how, but both Vettes were able to get out of there. But the really sad part, is that they left the owner there to die. HE WAS STILL ALIVE WHEN THEY SPLIT!!! They even said he had a chance to be saved if he could have gotten help sooner. I hope they catch this a****** and string him up by the balls. What an animal.

So, they want him for murder. But before the piece, they had an entire segment on street racing and mostly showed the accidents involved and a couple of wiggi-hoozikes actualy fighting over a race outcome. One even pulled a gun and put it to the others head.

So the entire situation was directly linked to street racing. I know that the vast majority of racing that goes on does not involve a death, accident or gun play, but you have to remember that people not involved in it will see only that. And cops usually have to clean up the mess and explain to somebodys relative why their wife, husband, son, daughter is dead, so they don't have any simpathy for someone's desire to have fun in that way.

Street Racing is coming into the lime light right now, so just keep that in mind the next time any of you line up.
    STi Front Grill

Or your kids life was on the line?
    Or the entire world was on the line?
    Or your life was on the line?
    that is extreme conditions......
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Originally posted by koyokid

The situation was this: IIRC

Two Vettes, one old, one brand new (didn't even have plates yet) were racing down Gratiot Ave. Now Gratiot is a hot spot for street racing. I used to hang out there quite a bit when I was younger. They went from a stop up to an excess of 80 mph. The jazz club owner (I don't remember his name) was in a newer Jag and was struck from behind by the new Vette. The Vette went under the Jag, sending it flying into a telephone pole right into the drivers side. The pics of the Jag were horrible. I don't know how, but both Vettes were able to get out of there. But the really sad part, is that they left the owner there to die. HE WAS STILL ALIVE WHEN THEY SPLIT!!! They even said he had a chance to be saved if he could have gotten help sooner. I hope they catch this a****** and string him up by the balls. What an animal.

So, they want him for murder. But before the piece, they had an entire segment on street racing and mostly showed the accidents involved and a couple of wiggi-hoozikes actualy fighting over a race outcome. One even pulled a gun and put it to the others head.

So the entire situation was directly linked to street racing. I know that the vast majority of racing that goes on does not involve a death, accident or gun play, but you have to remember that people not involved in it will see only that. And cops usually have to clean up the mess and explain to somebodys relative why their wife, husband, son, daughter is dead, so they don't have any simpathy for someone's desire to have fun in that way.

Street Racing is coming into the lime light right now, so just keep that in mind the next time any of you line up.
    wow!what an a$$hole, vehicular homicide, leaving the scene of a crime, speeding, reckless driving, illegal street racing, and is there anything else i left out?? that's a long a$$ list....wow i hope they put him away for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooong time
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

all the racing videos we have in america show irresponsible behavior

i think we need to take a hint from our overseas bretheren in this case and do what they have been known to do (at least in popular urban legend)

close off abandoned harbors and parking lots (quasi-legally)

and hold late night "guerilla" autoX sessions

initial D's creators basically did a storyline around the culture that was evolving around people racing while actually using a steering wheel.

until we can learn that racing means TURNING

and it also means SAFETY

we will always play second fiddle to them.

were going to have to change the way we race...we cant treat our public roadways like the nuburging.

i think some tire scorching at 30mph is a lot more fun and SAFER than a 100+ mph blast down your local school zones.
    Like drinking poison. Like eating glass.

Banned
    Originally posted by pace

I'm sorry officer! Yes I was driving at 120 in a 30 zone, and yes I was racing that guy in the Z-28, but I didn't mean to kill that innocent bystander on purpose!

What's wrong with this picture?

-Pace
    He said you ahd to be erally sick to kill someone.
    What if was an acednt.
    Like your going 40 down aurora, and a kid runs across the street, you cant swrve becuase he ran right infront of you. That doesnt make you sick.

What if was an acednt.
    Like your going 40 down aurora, and a kid runs across the street, you cant swrve becuase he ran right infront of you. That doesnt make you sick.
    No, but getting drunk makes you sick.
    STi Front Grill

What if was an acednt.
    but you didn't take the kid on purpose, i didn't post that earlier i apologize
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

What if was an acednt.
    Ehh.. but this was a street racing event. There is never an 'accidental death' in street racing because it is highly illegal, extremely irresponsible, and downright stupid. I think that there's a big difference (legally and morally) between the actions of the guy in the Corvette who was competing at an illegally sanctioned street racing event, and Joe Schmoe who kills a kid that has run into the street while he is driving 10mph over the speed limit in a residential area.

-Pace

While it is sad that those people died in a street racing accident there are THOUSANDS killed and Thousands injured from drunk driving.

Why aren't there stiffer laws about drinking and driving? Why are there still bars? You have to drive yourself home after a night of drinking......... I love america.

p@

Originally posted by Akiata
    While it is sad that those people died in a street racing accident there are THOUSANDS killed and Thousands injured from drunk driving.

Why aren't there stiffer laws about drinking and driving? Why are there still bars? You have to drive yourself home after a night of drinking......... I love america.

p@
    Good points. It's the American way! Statistically - let's look how many drunk driving accidents are in European countries. I bet there are a lot less because people over there are a lot more responsible! Younger drinking age. Kids just don't abuse alcohol like they do over here. Go figure...alright I'm bored I need a drink
    (kidding)

-Josh
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Originally posted by Akiata

p@
    i can't agree more. its like the pot calling the kettle black. a lot of street racing accidents are alchohol related too...i forget the statistics but they were eerily high....

cars and alchohol dont mix...ESPECIALLY when high speeds are involved.
    Like drinking poison. Like eating glass.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast