2003 Cobra Races Viper R/t10
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2003 Cobra Races Viper R/t10 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; nothing about the WRX but as a fellow car lover I thought some might be interested...Maybe not. VIPER: 93 (pristeen ...

2003 Cobra Races Viper R/t10

nothing about the WRX but as a fellow car lover I thought some might be interested...Maybe not.

VIPER: 93 (pristeen condition 16K miles, intake mods, exhaust, light weight rims)

2003 Cobra: Only 3" cat-back, K&N, Superchip with crappy tune (Diablo chip produced almost 30 more at the wheels)

Its my friends Viper. He let me drive it. ITs a TORQUE MONSTER! Lots of attention in the car (my next car btw). Anyway I was impressed but not shocked. I said I *think* I'm quicker. So he says "lets race!"

WE line them up and agree to go from about a 15 MPH roll due to traction problems. I agreed.

WE raced FOUR TIMES from about 15 MPH. Neither of us are great drivers mind you. I pulled past his front bumper in 1st. Made about a 2 car pull in 2nd before we shut down (corner).

SAME RESULTS 4 TIMES! The 2003 Cobra can SMOKE A FIRST GENERATION VIPER even with some slight mods.

I *THINK* I can hang with a newer GTS. I *think*!

TODAY GOES IN MY TOP TEN DAYS OF MY LIFE!

1. Get to Ride in Viper.
    2. Get to DRIVE Viper.
    3. Get to RACE Viper.
    4. Get to SMOKE Viper.

Still going to BUY Viper.... (drool)

(BIG CHEESEY GRIN!)
    03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Methinks this Subie is sold when the 03' Lightnings come out...

*DROOL*

I miss the brutality.

03Cobra, If you could only see the look on the cocky Viper-owners face when they get whacked by a truck.

Go SVT!

I was just carious. I've heard about the weakneses about the lightning under weather and heat conditions. So does your Cobra suffer any major power losses under certian weather or heat conditions?

Oh by the way, I think your car should be parked in a garage and left there because it's TOO powerful and it's making me Jelous.
    J/K
    HKW

ANY car will produce more HP under better weather including the WRX. More noticable with Turbo/Blown cars.

Yes you feel a pretty good difference at times.

Driving on the highway for a while in 50 F. The engine is HOT and the intercooler is COLD! Get on it then and she freaking FLIES! GOT WINGS?

hehehe

I didnt even have my Diablo chip in (only Superchip with crappy tune).

Going with a custom tune on the Diablo (with dyno of course PEOPLE!). ANy perhaps a pulley change. Should be about 480 ish at the rear and OVER 500 FT LBS at the rear!! WOOoooooooooooooooooweeeee!

I have been so impressed with this car, but you know how one can THINK his car is fast but it aint? Well it takes a few KILLS to realize. The C5 and Viper made me realize I aint full of it...

Once I strap on the pulley and custom tune (100 rear HP more than current set up). Should kill most things on the street. All for under $2K in mods (that $ includes dyno time money).

SELL YOUR RUES NOW! This car is a BEAST!

I think the guy with the Stage 4 WRX in my neigborhood (ALL8UP?) will prolly take me though.

Like to find out ALL8UP!
    03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

viper

Mike,
    I was thinking since our call last night, if you can take the viper, why bother buying one now? Do the other 1K in mods and call it a day....for far less than the vipers.........the viper does look sweeter I think and draws more eye candy

1 more thing

sorry...forgot to add one more thing......unless you are talking about going to the new 03....with 500/500.....don't think you could hang well with that one

if u guys wanna die laughing, go to the "smoked a sonic yellow" link and read that thread.......i was on the floor.......best kill ever

str
    Damn. Your Cobra must be a monstor. Even a early 90's model Viper is a force to be reconded with. I know the new Vipers have a lot more hp though. I think the news ones can pull low 12's stock.
    2004 Black Forester XT

I think with a custom tune in my Diablo I can prolly hang up to about 100 with a newer GTS Viper. However, you get a GREAT DRIVER in one and perhaps not.

I have read MANY threads of guys taking even the GTS's but they ALL had a smaller pulley installed.

Wierd thing is that I've seen some guys with only 440ish RWHP with a pulley and x-pipe and couple other mods that I DONT HAVE. I ran 420 RWHP with ONLY K&N, 3" cat-back and a chip.

Current set-up with Superchip I am running about 395ish RWHP. With the Diablo back in, custom tune, and a pulley, I should be around 490 RWHP and something like 520 RWTQ... BooWah!

Ernie, we got to hook up soon man. You're gonna CRAP when you drive this thing! Its VERY manageable right now. But I think that will change with an extra 100 RWHP. Will scare the SH*T out of you!

Might already!

I smell a trip to PA soon. Meet 1/2 way?
    03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

yea.....as soon as i get my stage 4 with the UTEC chip...i'll meet ya :-)~~~~~

Give me a call Ern... I'm at work for another 20 min...
    03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.