Turbo Eclipse vs STi - I couldn't hang

This is a discussion on Turbo Eclipse vs STi - I couldn't hang within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Cruising to the store this morning I ran into this Fast and Furious looking Eclipse (ground effects, wheels, big exhaust, ...

Turbo Eclipse vs STi - I couldn't hang

Cruising to the store this morning I ran into this Fast and Furious looking Eclipse
    (ground effects, wheels, big exhaust, huge wing and a large FMIC) and thought to myself, should I just leave him alone or should I play with him. I was feeling a little sleepy and decided to just take it easy and cruise the speed limit. So we were crusing at about 50mph (speed limit) down Danials Parkway and I look in my rear veiw mirror and see an LS1 z28 racing a motorcycle coming up real fast. The Z28 and the motorcycle go flying by both of us. So then the Eclipse nails it so I did the same. The Eclipse pulled on me -several cars- so I just let off. So I watched the race unfold up the road. The Eclipse reeled in the LS1 Z28 and started to pass him right before they had to slow down for traffic. Then a little further up the road I could see the Eclipse and the LS1 z28 continuing the race with the Eclipse pulling hard away. I'm sure that guy in the LS1 was a shocked as I was.

That Eclipse was fast as Shxt. My now basically stock STi was pretty slow from a roll compared to him.

I guess I had to eventually get beat.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

time for a FP Green
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Loosing just enspires more mods
    Im sure that eclipes had a ton of money invested into it.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

he he he

Hey it was not a race, you will find the Sti can hold it's own against anything from a dead stop. From a roll then you have to think about modding, but that's the whole idea about the whole enthusiast thing. Yeah the Eclipse guy might have alot in his car but I say more props to him for taking the hard way. So don't stress it, do some mods and you will love the car more each day!!

2004 Sti, ECUtek'd, Bosal dp and cat delete, walbro pump, Itg panel filter and a few suspension mods 280 + awhp and 293 + awtrq before the pump and cat delete.
    Last edited by V8killer2pt5; 02-12-2005 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Adding info
    2004 Wrb Sti- Mildly modded!........pause......pause....."NOT!"

dont be dissapointed. There are many eclipses running around that would tear up modded STi's and 18G wrx's. They are very easy to make fast.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Time for your 05 GTO with headers and catback: http://img.s10forum.com/album1231/agd.mpeg

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan00Hawk
    Time for your 05 GTO with headers and catback: http://img.s10forum.com/album1231/agd.mpeg
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    double

Thats sweet.
    I can't wait for my 05. I should have it next weekend.

WOW!
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by SGOSWRX
    Cruising to the store this morning I ran into this Fast and Furious looking Eclipse
    (ground effects, wheels, big exhaust, huge wing and a large FMIC) and thought to myself, should I just leave him alone or should I play with him. I was feeling a little sleepy and decided to just take it easy and cruise the speed limit. So we were crusing at about 50mph (speed limit) down Danials Parkway and I look in my rear veiw mirror and see an LS1 z28 racing a motorcycle coming up real fast. The Z28 and the motorcycle go flying by both of us. So then the Eclipse nails it so I did the same. The Eclipse pulled on me -several cars- so I just let off. So I watched the race unfold up the road. The Eclipse reeled in the LS1 Z28 and started to pass him right before they had to slow down for traffic. Then a little further up the road I could see the Eclipse and the LS1 z28 continuing the race with the Eclipse pulling hard away. I'm sure that guy in the LS1 was a shocked as I was.

That Eclipse was fast as Shxt. My now basically stock STi was pretty slow from a roll compared to him.

I guess I had to eventually get beat.
    damn, you never lose.....we as a community are crushed.............especially with the utec, exhaust set up...............ok ok........when I hit the mega millions later tonight we will make sure that you NEVER EVER EVER lose again........a couple enzo's will make it 'slightly more difficult' for that guy to take ya
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods