STi vs. ZO6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi vs. ZO6 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Not a fan of long stories so here it goes. I was in the middle of a road tune and ...

STi vs. ZO6

Not a fan of long stories so here it goes. I was in the middle of a road tune and I saw a Black Z06. I followed him until we got to a light, we say a light turn yellow and HE MOVED TO THE LEFT LANE!!!!!! He rolled down his window and says " I have 450hp in this thing, why would i waste my tires????" I replyed with just for fun. Light turned green, and at around 10mph he punched it. When i heard his tires break I went WOT. I pulled a good half car by 75 and was pulling a little more before I had to shut down. Well thats my story

My car dyno'd 300whp and 331wtq @19lbs
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice !

did he spinn alot ?? Z06 are hard to control... Damn last time i drove a Vette i could spinn tires at 35 Mphs... fckin sick
    2003 ASPEN WHITE WRX
    ------------------------
    Stage 2 !!!!

Not sure how long they spun for. My RFL-Ti took over when boost kicked in
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

J-H
    aha! What a douche......."waste tires"......he might've well rolled the window back up, so that his make up did not get blurred by the wind......what a clown.....

Nice way to put him in his place.....this makes my day...Thanks for the post

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

What a **** smack, must have been a rush to line up next to a Z06 though.

nice kill
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Well, I wont call BS because its obvious that one of two things happened. 1) He spun his tires for a good 3 or 4 seconds and fishtailed or 2) He didnt know how to drive. He should have run you down by about 60-65 and passed you up by 75. I know this because my Roush runs a little faster than a stock Z06 and I have run STi with mods similar to yours. I had my tires spin briefly while racing a modded STI with mods similar to yours, which doesnt happen much now that I know how to launch without it happeneing. I caught him at about 60 and passed him around 70 because with a clean launch, my 0-60 is under 4 seconds not to mention I have about 150 more lbs of tq.

However, a kill is a kill even against a retard who cant drive. Good one
    Last edited by EVOVIII; 02-10-2005 at 08:17 PM.

I was in the car.... there were 4 people in the STi for the road tune and with each shift, StiGuy pulled more!
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

I know a lot of people aren't going to believe this, but here goes. I've got an 02 WRX Cobb Stage 2+ (uppipe and ic hoses) and I raced a Z06 once. We just went from 50-about 80 so it wasn't much of a race, but I stayed right with him. And he was racing cause he definetely kicked it down and gave me a big thumbs-up afterward. I wish we could have went from a dig. Anyway, I know nobody believes me, but there it is.
    Sorry to hijack.
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by psychobooe
    I know a lot of people aren't going to believe this, but here goes. I've got an 02 WRX Cobb Stage 2+ (uppipe and ic hoses) and I raced a Z06 once. We just went from 50-about 80 so it wasn't much of a race, but I stayed right with him. And he was racing cause he definetely kicked it down and gave me a big thumbs-up afterward. I wish we could have went from a dig. Anyway, I know nobody believes me, but there it is.
    Sorry to hijack.
    I don't believe you, you sir are a liar haha just kidding.
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

I just read in an old post that a stock c5 vette throws only 285 hp at the wheels. How true is this?
    Bugeye MafiaThe Sentinel

I've done the same exact thing (more than once) to my neighbors 03 Cobra in my STi. So don't worry about the doughters.
    From say 10mph - 80mph , you can easily take out a Z06 with traction issues. I don't understand why others don't see this.

Quote Originally Posted by SGOSWRX
    I've done the same exact thing (more than once) to my neighbors 03 Cobra in my STi. So don't worry about the doughters.
    From say 10mph - 80mph , you can easily take out a Z06 with traction issues. I don't understand why others don't see this.

Because no one takes in account real world situations. you take a split second longer to shift and there goes your lead. If you figure a Z06 runs the 1/4 in the mid 12s on an average day and a STI runs in the mid 13s thats a tiny difference in the real world. On a track and paper it seems like alot, but once you are on the streets its a different story. No one gets an even start on the street. Also if you go to the track and watch a Z06 or any car go down the track how many times does it net the same exact time? You will see a few runs in the 13s a few runs in the 12s this of course with a manual trans, automatic is more consistant. So basically a Z06 maybe faster then the STI but if the Z06 gets one of his average runs instead of a good run and the STI driver gets a good run its a close race. Think about how quickly 1 second goes by and then think about a street race and how quickly one car can get a 1 second head start or one driver can shift a little slower and eat up .5 seconds inbetween shifts. On the street alot of things can happen, i have had it happen to me, been shocked by a stock V8 Jeep in my 13 second supra. Its not a controlled environment anything can happen.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

^^^^ amen!
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

J-H
    Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    On the street alot of things can happen, i have had it happen to me, been shocked by a stock V8 Jeep in my 13 second supra. Its not a controlled environment anything can happen.

13 second car, 15 second driver....

J/K

It is very hard to grasp the concept of a WRX Cobb 2 hanging with a Z06, but I wasn't there and like you said, everything can happen......
    My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.