WRX vs 02 Z28
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX vs 02 Z28 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok tonight had a coil come off and I thought i would flip out till i found out that my ...

WRX vs 02 Z28

Ok tonight had a coil come off and I thought i would flip out till i found out that my problem was just a lose coil,

Anyways fixed it and went out to make sure all was good, first stop light an 02 Z28 was turning left with a large hood scoop on it! Green! Turned left and shifted passed him camly. he grabs second and does a fly by. But his exhaust sounds stock. next light hes behind me so i slightly launch off the line to give him room to get beside me for the next light. Bam red light and he is beside me just revving the hell out of his engine. So bring the revs to 3500 and then GREEN! bam off like a prom dress, second , still ahead, third still ahead fourth I shutdown going to fast for that part of town, and my Valentine One was going nutz, All i seen from him was a Fly by and the middle finger???? Well I guess that hood scoop doesnt have anything under it yet.

Made me feel good about my earlier engine troubles. Wonder how he felt?? hummmmm?
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Those 02 Z28's are pretty strong (easy mid 13s bone stock). He must have been spinning his tires or you have some nice mods. Either way nice kill. It sometimes take more than HP to win a race.

Quote Originally Posted by SGOSWRX
    Those 02 Z28's are pretty strong (easy mid 13s bone stock). He must have been spinning his tires or you have some nice mods. Either way nice kill. It sometimes take more than HP to win a race.

Try telling that to this clown I work with.

I had a similer race on a country road with some friends when i was bone stock, he finally caught up but he was only inching on me in 4th (and and anything above 3rd sucks stock as we all know). Those SS camaro's are EVIL, but withought someone who really knows whats up behind the wheel a stock wrx will usually win pretty good from a stoplight (with 300+whp and 300+wheel tq you gotta know what ur doing to roll from a dig) because of the launch, ive seen everything from mid 13's to high 14s on the strip in the LS1 camaros, all stock, its just driver error. Just dont ask for a rematch from a roll....u will see what its like to get embarassed bad, those things are dirty once wheelspin's not (as much) of a factor at like 40+.
    Last edited by 04wrx4keeps; 02-10-2005 at 01:04 PM.

J-H
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwrxguy
    Try telling that to this clown I work with.

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

Quote Originally Posted by SGOSWRX

I was really suprised to have stayed ahead of him in 3rd gear with out an AP or Flash.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

I Support ClubWRX
    Um...Maybe it was a v-6? I would think that a decent launch would only hold back an LS1 till about 40 and they will be coming hard. Maybe i'm wrong but EVERY ls1 auto or stick I have rode in felt VERY strong.

As for the SS comment....To my knowldege the "SS" only came with a scoop and like maybe 10 extra HP. Nothing worth saying a SS is "better" then a Z by any means...i could be wrong not a camaro nut.

Maybe through town you'd get a jump if your stage 2 and he cant drive......but I'd be very careful on the highway.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.