kid thinks his wrx is fast. - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on kid thinks his wrx is fast. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by ScoobyBoy2 i apologized for my insults and im sorry to do so, ive just been frustrated lately ...

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyBoy2
    i apologized for my insults and im sorry to do so, ive just been frustrated lately and i shouldnt take it out on people but that doesnt mean im not gonna post things that i know happend
    That's a good start...

However, seeing a "stock" uppipe, doesn't mean it's not gutted and reinstalled. Seeing a "stock" turbo, doesn't mean it hasn't been blueprinted and worked over and put back in. There could also be significant weight removed from the car as well, which would help immensely. A car that can't go over 110 mph on the freeway, yet runs blisteringly fast through the 1/4 mile up to 104 mph also raises doubts. And hearing that it's got an ecutek tune, but runs rough also makes one wonder. An anti-lag device running on that "stock" turbo would make it sound really rough, seriously decrease the life of that turbo, but would make it way more responsive, and never fall off of full boost...

Shave 300 lbs off my WRX and insert a midget who can still see, powershift, and hit the gas and I think my setup would hit 12's and 104mph given perfect atmoshpheric conditions (resulting in a negative density altitude).

Intelligent and knowledgeable people are naturally skeptical and ask questions in order to learn. Ignorant people blindly believe what they are told.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

lets just honestly agree to disagree, because we can never come to terms, if any of you guys were located in socal, which i know some of you, hit me up, ill prove it so you guys can spread the word, but i dont want to continue to argue because its what i saw with my own eyes against all of your words! i cant make you guys believe me. this kid is my friend, i know him personally or better yet maybe ill just ask him to sign up for clubwrx.net and you guys can hit him up.
    But what i can do is apologize and ask for my fellow wrx enthusiasts to forgive me. i was very rude and ignorant, and i should have handled the matter more professionally.
    im very sorry to anyone i offended
    04 black evo!!!!
    Car How To

J-H
    I'll meet with you guys......

Let's talk at NR Subaru tomorrow...

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

H3LL yeah thats gonna be exciting!
    04 black evo!!!!
    Car How To

J-H
    Looks like Monday we will have a lot of info for this thread.....I will try to get a digital camera (one that makes videos), maybe I can post some....should be very interesting...

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

Quote Originally Posted by J-H
    Looks like Monday we will have a lot of info for this thread.....I will try to get a digital camera (one that makes videos), maybe I can post some....should be very interesting...

Yes, please post what you find out. I'm very interested in knowing the outcome.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyBoy2
    like i said im not trying to insult this guys wrx is pretty much faster than everyones car around here!! its a fact, i swear
    Well there was this guy with a wrx from around where I live which is North San Diego county and he challenged my friend to a race and my friend had just broken in his 04 STi so he agreed to the race and so they raced from a stop till about 100mph and my friend beat him by about 2 or 3 car lengths. After the race he told us he is surprised he lost cause he usually whoops STi's by at least 3 car lengths or so. That just shows you it wasn't the car he was beating, it was the driver. And who knows I see you have San DIego as the place you are from so maybe the person my friend raced was your buddy.

The guy claimed he had no turbo upgrade but had some "minor" stuff done and had his boost controller set at 18psi. I kinda went hrmmmmmmm cause 18psi on a stock wrx turbo is kinda dumb considering the stock rex turbo only pushes at max like what 16 psi? But yeah he claims he has beat every sti he has raced by a pretty decent margin and got whooped by my friend that just broke in his sti and to top it off the sti is my friends first manual transmission car but he is damn good at launching and shifting.
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

http://www.funpic.hu/swf/numanuma.html <--- what is this crap?
    WuDekStyle: i took the meanest **** at work today, i created an island there was so much nastiness
    WuDekStyle: i felt like a wild animal
    Official Cinematographer for the Bugeye Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by TheReaper
    The guy claimed he had no turbo upgrade but had some "minor" stuff done and had his boost controller set at 18psi. I kinda went hrmmmmmmm cause 18psi on a stock wrx turbo is kinda dumb considering the stock rex turbo only pushes at max like what 16 psi? But yeah he claims he has beat every sti he has raced by a pretty decent margin and got whooped by my friend that just broke in his sti and to top it off the sti is my friends first manual transmission car but he is damn good at launching and shifting.
    the stock rex turbo boost up to at least 21 psi. dont ask how i know that.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

Quote Originally Posted by zapman
    How do you know that?? j/k

Wow! I just read all through that. I can prove all of you wrong at some point . I ran a 13.3 stock... with no changes to the exhaust or playing with anything, with a trunk full of laundry and a baby seat right behind me. . But my car is pushing 240 or so stock at probably 14.5 psi peaking at 15.5.

See wrx's can do it.. An STI that is. My old 04 rex couldn't even come within 2 cars of my STI. . We need pics and vids stat!!!! Until then.... call me ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by zapman
    Stock turbo is only efficient up to 15.5 psi... anything above that is pointless. You would just be killing your turbo.

Quote Originally Posted by fastwrx135
    Stock turbo is only efficient up to 15.5 psi... anything above that is pointless. You would just be killing your turbo.
    That's what I thought but I get people telling me they run these high boost levels and I am like whoooooaaaaaaaa I don't I would go above 16.
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

J-H
    Well tomorrow I will be meeting the fast WRX and the STI. Got a digital camera today @ circuit city. Will make some movies, conditions permitting....monday guys, monday...or even sunday afternoon if I dont work....

JH

Quote Originally Posted by J-H
    Well tomorrow I will be meeting the fast WRX and the STI. Got a digital camera today @ circuit city. Will make some movies, conditions permitting....monday guys, monday...or even sunday afternoon if I dont work....

cool

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast