kid thinks his wrx is fast. - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on kid thinks his wrx is fast. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by elohdaeh78 I am not really one to talk, i have not taken my WRX to the track ...

J-H
    Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    I am not really one to talk, i have not taken my WRX to the track yet but i am not very confident that i will run low 14s, its a ***** to shift from 1st to 2nd quickly and launching takes some practice, you can't just romp on it like my supra, it feels very fragile.
    No worries....I think it is funny because I have never been to the track with the WRX....I thought you were pulling a Ms. Cleo or something I might be a 14 second driver LOL.....

I'll post once I find a 1/4 mile track....close to where I live....

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

So what some of you people are saying is that a wrx with just an MBC and exhaust can beat most STi's out there?? I find this very hard to believe. No way can a wrx with just those mods hit the 12 sec range or even low 13's. Maybe if you add some engine management and some suicidal tuning and race gas, then maybe low 13's.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

Quote Originally Posted by fastwrx135
    So what some of you people are saying is that a wrx with just an MBC and exhaust can beat most STi's out there?? I find this very hard to believe. No way can a wrx with just those mods hit the 12 sec range or even low 13's. Maybe if you add some engine management and some suicidal tuning and race gas, then maybe low 13's.

quit being ignorant!!!!

REMEMBER we know nothing!!!! just cause we talk numbers and never relate to experiences every time we use the numbers. its not like we haven't read literally hundreds if not thousands of thread or anyting, its still all a bunch of ignorant bull****!!!
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

if you searc nasioc about 3 guys have run 12.9s in their stage2 rexes. It takes a perfect driver and cold weather.

The best was a guy who ran 12.7@105. He was crazy overboosting. his turbo went a few weeks after that run.
    04 WRX Black no options!
    Helix up/downpipe, HKS catback & Bov, autometer gauges and MRT shortshifter, Bronze Rota SDRs, UTEC, tein SS coilovers, HKS type1 turbo timer, 6000K HIDs, JDM spec C front/rear lips, 20% tint
    to be installed: Mines Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by kit99bar
    if you searc nasioc about 3 guys have run 12.9s in their stage2 rexes. It takes a perfect driver and cold weather.

The best was a guy who ran 12.7@105. He was crazy overboosting. his turbo went a few weeks after that run.
    I haven't seen it, but I believe you could run a 12 sec 1/4 mile. I think your going to blow up your turbo and your tranny extremely quickly but with an MBC you can boost to the moon. I also believe your motor will soon go to heaven afterwards.

10k mile 12 sec WRX or 200k mile 14 sec WRX, its the same car your choose the life cycle.

My .02$

Dan

what about me? i have been in the subie scene for over 4 years and i still ask these questions.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

To run in the 12's you need to be making 250+whp IMO. STI's dyno in the 240-250 range, and a few of them run high 12's at 104+ with perfect launches.

WRX's dyno in the 170's, so you think an MBC and exhaust is going to net you over 80whp............

Or better yet, his trap speed went from 94-95mph, suddenly to 104+.

Sorry, but an MBC and exhaust will not net you 12's. Quit dreaming

I could see an exhaust and MBC getting you around 210-220whp, but thats it, and thats not enough to get you into the 12's.

But I guess were all ignorant
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)

are any of you guys in socal, ill bring you to my friend running PIPING, INTAKE, BOOST CONTROLLER and my friend with his stock sti(he now has cobb stage 1 )but he can reflash it to stock, and you can watch them race. I WATCHED, my friend in the wrx launched better and held it down the entire time, won by almost 3 cars, its possible trust me, its not common and it doesnt mean everyone could do it but its possible
    04 black evo!!!!
    Car How To

I Support ClubWRX
    I ran a 12.9 in my stock WRX in the 1/8th mile at half throttle in 3rd gear
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyBoy2
    are any of you guys in socal, ill bring you to my friend running PIPING, INTAKE, BOOST CONTROLLER and my friend with his stock sti(he now has cobb stage 1 )but he can reflash it to stock, and you can watch them race. I WATCHED, my friend in the wrx launched better and held it down the entire time, won by almost 3 cars, its possible trust me, its not common and it doesnt mean everyone could do it but its possible
    Maybe your friend isn't telling you that he has a 100 shot of Nitrous stashed away in the trunk.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

Quote Originally Posted by gusto
    hm...no DTR..

bvery bvery innnnnnteresting.
    HAHAHAHA yeah I know. Usually he would be one of the first one's in here flapping his gums and searching the net for statistics to make it seem like he knows a lot haha.
    Last edited by TheReaper; 02-11-2005 at 12:46 AM.
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Quote Originally Posted by J-H
    No worries....I think it is funny because I have never been to the track with the WRX....I thought you were pulling a Ms. Cleo or something I might be a 14 second driver LOL.....

I'll post once I find a 1/4 mile track....close to where I live....

Good luck going to the track cause there was Carlsbad Raceway that had a 1/4 track but they recently closed it down and the nearest one to San Diego county is in Fontana so you have a pretty nice drive for a 1/4 track. We should get a loan and stuff and make a track, we could make bank down here weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee .
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyBoy2
    Well hell put my grandma behind the wheel of my car...put me behind the wheel of a Kia and I'll beat an STi with a Kia.

Just cuz the STi driver can't drive doesn't mean the WRX is faster.

And I wouldn't go around spouting information like you know what you are talking about while insulting other, more experienced people on these boards. If you would like to continue doing this I will quote your posts where I completely destroyed your "facts" about the STi not taking to mods as well and also how a "mustang dyno reads higher than a dynojet".

Also if you will continue with the personal attacks on other members of these boards such as saying "you are ignorant" I will not hesitate to notify the moderators of your actions and I don't think anyone will miss your "amazing, new, and powerful information" after you've been banned.

I've been going looking through your recents posts and see nothing but insulting.
    05 Crystal Gray STi
    304 hp 353 lbs on 92 octane ------> Mustang Dyno
    12.6 @ 109.2 > new numbers coming soon.

like i said im not trying to insult this guys wrx is pretty much faster than everyones car around here!! its a fact, i swear
    04 black evo!!!!
    Car How To

i apologized for my insults and im sorry to do so, ive just been frustrated lately and i shouldnt take it out on people but that doesnt mean im not gonna post things that i know happend
    04 black evo!!!!
    Car How To

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.