WRX vs. SRT-4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok I know this has been covered probably about a million times, but I looked it up on line and ...

WRX vs. SRT-4

Ok I know this has been covered probably about a million times, but I looked it up on line and the supposed 1/4 mile time for the 02 WRX was 14.4 and the the E.T. for the 03 SRT-4 was 14.1. I know Ive read on hear about how quick SRT's are and everything, but are they really that much faster than wrx's. I mean if you have a good driver in the rex and a crappy one in the SRT, than .3 of a second wouldn't be impposible to accomplish. So basically has anybody ever ran a stock WRX against a stock SRT-4 and what was the outcome. I don't have a WRX yet and don't really care if it is that much faster or not because I already made up my mind about getting the WRX, just curious about it. thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Some people claim 14.1 on a WRX...depends on driver/conditions. Also the newer 04+ Srt4's have been rated at 13.8. The Srt4 makes around 225 WHEEL hp even though they claim that on the fly...so its really a matter of getting the car to hook...it will definitely out power a stock WRX.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Quote Originally Posted by BluewaveWRX
    Ok I know this has been covered probably about a million times, but I looked it up on line and the supposed 1/4 mile time for the 02 WRX was 14.4 and the the E.T. for the 03 SRT-4 was 14.1. I know Ive read on hear about how quick SRT's are and everything, but are they really that much faster than wrx's. I mean if you have a good driver in the rex and a crappy one in the SRT, than .3 of a second wouldn't be impposible to accomplish. So basically has anybody ever ran a stock WRX against a stock SRT-4 and what was the outcome. I don't have a WRX yet and don't really care if it is that much faster or not because I already made up my mind about getting the WRX, just curious about it. thanks
    Don't have too much faith in magazine times. At the track, i've seen stock wrx's running mid-high 14's and stock SRT's running mid 14's-low 15's. It all depends on the driver, weather, track conditions, etc...
    Both wrx's and SRT's are capable of low 14's but everything will have to be just about perfect to see those numbers.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

stock for stock, any straight line race from a roll and the wrx will get owned, but I'm sure u knew that

Yo

I stock 2004 SRT4 will keep up and beat a 2002 WRX Stage 2.5 ( not tuned 220 whp); thus a stock vs. stock in a straight line the SRT4 will beat a WRX unless it's 0-60. The SRT4's are fast; however I only know of 1 cool SRT4 driver.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

the srt will def pull from a roll and from a dig your going need a good solid launch
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

My neighbor a few doors down has a 03 srt-4, he is bone stock and i have Uppipe and catless TBE. From a dig through third I had him by about a car, by the top of third he was comming up on me. From a 40 mph roll got creamed by 80 mph, Still see him every day or so and ask him how he likes driving a Neon? And he asks me how I liked losing to one? Damn that sucked, I NEED ECUTEK!

He might have won from a roll but he is still driving a Neon!
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

i test drove the srt4 before i got my wrx and the srt4 was clearly a faster car stock, not at first though. when i first drove the wrx, it pulled pretty decent through first and second and decent through third and nothing through the last 2 gears. the srt4 pulled pretty decent through EVERY gear which eventually topples the wrx. i raced an srt4 to when i was stock and he had a tbe, i know the guy. we raced short light to light and i took him, but on the freeway from all kinds of rolls. he would walk me. i dont know they are pretty close cars but i felt that the wrx handled so much better PLUS srt4 are pretty d@mn ugly, very good bang for your buck car and i do respect them, i just think people get jealous becuz they paid less than us for their cars and they are faster stock. by the way the srt4 i was looking at was 15,000 dollars with 18,000 miles on it 2003 from bob baker.(they actually dont handle too bad for a FWD car)
    04 black evo!!!!
    Car How To

I ran a wrx with just an intake twice last year and on the first run i ran a 14.3 stock to his 14.8 (5 speed) and on the next one he ran the same time to my 14.4 . It seems like the srt-4's have a slight better top end then the wrx's but out of the hole we take it in the ass up until 3rd gear.
    2004 Srt-4
    309/365 almost stock <<<SOLD>>>
    Different Strokes

2006 Black Honda S2000
    210/145 Stock

Quote Originally Posted by enash99
    My neighbor a few doors down has a 03 srt-4, he is bone stock and i have Uppipe and catless TBE. From a dig through third I had him by about a car, by the top of third he was comming up on me. From a 40 mph roll got creamed by 80 mph, Still see him every day or so and ask him how he likes driving a Neon? And he asks me how I liked losing to one? Damn that sucked, I NEED ECUTEK!

He might have won from a roll but he is still driving a Neon!
    Quote Originally Posted by MasiveMunkey
    I have a tauren shaman level 52 on the Tichondrious server.
    Quote Originally Posted by shotguntc88
    Try going without underwear (old hippie day thing that I never got over)

Pee dribbles on your jeans when you park it back in.

I must admit, I kinda like the SRT-4. I'm glad that America is following the rest of the world and starting to make small, fast, affordable cars. However, when I test drove an SRT-4, the torque-steer was nasty. Maybe I'm just used to the AWD. Other than that crazy torque-steer, it was a nice car. Sounded really good stock too.
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by psychobooe
    I must admit, I kinda like the SRT-4. I'm glad that America is following the rest of the world and starting to make small, fast, affordable cars. However, when I test drove an SRT-4, the torque-steer was nasty. Maybe I'm just used to the AWD. Other than that crazy torque-steer, it was a nice car. Sounded really good stock too.

I really like the SRT4 and the fact that dodge stepped up to the plate and knocked the ball out of the park on this one. Hell if it was AWD they could put a mid-hi 20's sticker on it and people would be buying it up(hopefully someone reads this and does that!)

Yo

I think the SRT4 looks nice ... I actually think its front end looks better than the 2002-2003 WRXs especially since I had one. I'm glad Subaru changed the front end in 2004. SRT4 handle ... ok ... one was stock at the DRAGON in the 2004 Subaru meet and he did quite well keeping up with the group. People like to argue the point that the SRT4 is still a Neon because it cost <5K than a WRX and will beat it in a straight line. I think it's more of the attitude w/ the majority of the SRT4 owners that cause problems.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

Quote Originally Posted by chuglobal
    I think the SRT4 looks nice ... I actually think its front end looks better than the 2002-2003 WRXs especially since I had one. I'm glad Subaru changed the front end in 2004. SRT4 handle ... ok ... one was stock at the DRAGON in the 2004 Subaru meet and he did quite well keeping up with the group. People like to argue the point that the SRT4 is still a Neon because it cost <5K than a WRX and will beat it in a straight line. I think it's more of the attitude w/ the majority of the SRT4 owners that cause problems.

<5K ? 1500 for me.

i have beat several stock srt4's from a dig up to around 120. the closest they have ever been to me was 1 car behind and i have them up to 3 cars behind but it suprised me cause i figured they would start pulling on me in 4th but the distance seemed to stay the same.
    cobb stg.2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.