WRX vs. SRT-4 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 24 of 24

This is a discussion on WRX vs. SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i wish more guys could get behind the wheel for a long enough period of time to really consider how ...

  1. #16
    Registered User 2004NeonSRT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Oxford,PA
    Posts
    1,068
    i wish more guys could get behind the wheel for a long enough period of time to really consider how the srt4s handle. it does take alot of getting used to as it is very hard to push to the limit and not go flying by it at the same time. but i see where every wrx owner is coming from as i owned one. the wrx steering has 100% better feel to it and its feeling of being connected to the road also awd is very forgiving and easy to drive fast. that said after over a year of driving my srt4 from my wrx i now know the limit and know that i would run with a stock wrx anyday of the week. it's all about getting to know the car, it's limits and abilities. you need to learn how to drive the srt4. the wrx will teach you. i know it's bin beatin into the ground but if you think a neon can't handle just remember the 95 acr neon with fact adjustable konig shocks. the car dominated to the point in stock fwd class of autocross that they started adding weight to the neon's so the rest of the group could have a chance. it wasn't until the celica gts came out in 00? that it was dethrowned.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User tarbaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Livonia, MI
    Posts
    505
    Quote Originally Posted by chuglobal
    I think the SRT4 looks nice ... I actually think its front end looks better than the 2002-2003 WRXs especially since I had one. I'm glad Subaru changed the front end in 2004.
    Blasphemy! Where's the BUGEYE MAFIA!??!? You gonna get whacked my friend!


    Bugeyes forever!

  4. #18
    Moderating U! KurleeDaddeeWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    6,317
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by chuglobal
    I stock 2004 SRT4 will keep up and beat a 2002 WRX Stage 2.5 ( not tuned 220 whp); thus a stock vs. stock in a straight line the SRT4 will beat a WRX unless it's 0-60. The SRT4's are fast; however I only know of 1 cool SRT4 driver.
    That SRT-4 driver better be me, pal.

    Quote Originally Posted by BluewaveWRX
    I know Ive read on hear about how quick SRT's are and everything, but are they really that much faster than wrx's.
    Yes the REALLY are that much faster than a stock WRX. From a roll a SRT-4 will smoke a stock WRX EVERYTIME. 225whp SRT-4 vs 180whp WRX = no contest. But from a dig, the WRX will get instant advantage until the SRT-4 drives by it up top. And I am pretty familiar with what I am talking about. I have owned both a 02 WRX and an 04 SRT-4.

    You guys need to get over the whole Neon thing. Seriously. I mean a Grand National is just a Regal on steroids, and no one would ever be caught dead in a stock Regal unless you were a gang member. And the Typhoon is just a Blazer on steroids. But none of you would be caught dead in a stock Blazer. But none of you would ever say, its just a Regal or a Blazer. Give the car credit where credit is due. The SRT-4 was very well thought out and makes huge power at a small price. I think it is just the whole arch rival thing and the fact that both have bugeye headlights

  5. #19
    Registered User elohdaeh78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Long Valley, NJ
    Posts
    706
    Quote Originally Posted by chuglobal
    I stock 2004 SRT4 will keep up and beat a 2002 WRX Stage 2.5 ( not tuned 220 whp); thus a stock vs. stock in a straight line the SRT4 will beat a WRX unless it's 0-60. The SRT4's are fast; however I only know of 1 cool SRT4 driver.

    Hmm a stock SRT4 will beat an upgraded turbo WRX?
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

  6. #20
    Registered User TXSnEj20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by chuglobal
    I think the SRT4 looks nice ... I actually think its front end looks better than the 2002-2003 WRXs especially since I had one. I'm glad Subaru changed the front end in 2004.

    Blasphemy, I prefer 02-03 body style any day. Granted you have to upgrade to JDM Sti headlamps. I see hyundai elantra's driving down the road and i'm like oo look an Impreza or wrx until they get close enough, no hood scoop and no subaru badge:P Anyways dodge did a pretty good job at making the neon body look agressive. I dont hate srt4's like some people, just some of the peeps that drive them. I got 2 marine buddies that have srt4's. Just my .02
    Bugeye MafiaThe Sentinel

  7. #21
    Registered User chuglobal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Marietta
    Posts
    599

    Yo

    Acutally I'm referring to the SRT4 owners I've met in Georgia; technically I met 2 nice people but only 1 that I talk to on a consistent basis. The others ones try to act like idiots ie:

    I was driving back from a meeting around 2:30pm near a school zone. I pass an intersection w/ a SRT4 making a U turn; as soon as I passed him he squeals tires aroun the U trun to come flying up on my left side. The school zone light was on thus a 25mph zone so I slow to 30mph. The SRT4 kid ( literally ) flies up next to me, revs to show off his BOV and guns it. He's now doing easily 50mph+ in a 25mph school zone. I just laugh and let him go as there's usually a cop there waiting for idiots like that.

    It's like the majority of the SRT4 owners have something to prove; it's not all because I have met 2 nice people. Oh well, to each his own. And yes, I dislike the bug eyes w/ a passion however I love the 2004+ front ends. The main reason I switched from 2002 WRX to a 2004 STI was because of the 6sp, OEM hp/tq difference, and the front end.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

  8. #22
    Moderating U! KurleeDaddeeWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    6,317
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by chuglobal
    Acutally I'm referring to the SRT4 owners I've met in Georgia; technically I met 2 nice people but only 1 that I talk to on a consistent basis. The others ones try to act like idiots ie:

    I was driving back from a meeting around 2:30pm near a school zone. I pass an intersection w/ a SRT4 making a U turn; as soon as I passed him he squeals tires aroun the U trun to come flying up on my left side. The school zone light was on thus a 25mph zone so I slow to 30mph. The SRT4 kid ( literally ) flies up next to me, revs to show off his BOV and guns it. He's now doing easily 50mph+ in a 25mph school zone. I just laugh and let him go as there's usually a cop there waiting for idiots like that.

    It's like the majority of the SRT4 owners have something to prove; it's not all because I have met 2 nice people. Oh well, to each his own. And yes, I dislike the bug eyes w/ a passion however I love the 2004+ front ends. The main reason I switched from 2002 WRX to a 2004 STI was because of the 6sp, OEM hp/tq difference, and the front end.
    I know. I am just giving you a hard time since we haven't seen you here in a long time chuglobal.

    You can't really stereotype SRT-4 owners into one group. Yes there are young punks who want to race everything on the road, but there are plenty of young WRX owners that will do the same, especially in the Bay Area. I have met A LOT of good people who drive SRT-4's and will go out of their way to help and do installs FOR FREE just because they are car enthusiasts just like WRX owners. So please don't generalize SRT-4 owners into one category. Just because you see one on the road doesn't mean they are a punk.

    And you are the first person I have ever found that likes the new front end style over the bug eye. To each his own I guess.

    BUGEYES FOR LIFE!!!!!!! WRX and SRT-4.

  9. #23
    Registered User elohdaeh78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Long Valley, NJ
    Posts
    706
    Quote Originally Posted by KurleeDaddeeWRX
    I know. I am just giving you a hard time since we haven't seen you here in a long time chuglobal.

    You can't really stereotype SRT-4 owners into one group. Yes there are young punks who want to race everything on the road, but there are plenty of young WRX owners that will do the same, especially in the Bay Area. I have met A LOT of good people who drive SRT-4's and will go out of their way to help and do installs FOR FREE just because they are car enthusiasts just like WRX owners. So please don't generalize SRT-4 owners into one category. Just because you see one on the road doesn't mean they are a punk.

    And you are the first person I have ever found that likes the new front end style over the bug eye. To each his own I guess.

    BUGEYES FOR LIFE!!!!!!! WRX and SRT-4.
    I like the new front end over the bugeyes, i think it looks alot better
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

  10. #24
    Registered User chuglobal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Marietta
    Posts
    599

    Yo

    I know, the stereotype is not the most productive. I've been busy at work so I haven't had a chance to have any real fun driving. I actually just called a friend to gauge interest in a DRAGON run tomorrow; very spontaneous but I thought it would be a good change.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •