Owned by an Accord?!?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Owned by an Accord?!? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; How fast are V6 6spd Accords? I lined up against a guy going 30 mph, and I asked him if ...

WRX

Owned by an Accord?!?

How fast are V6 6spd Accords?

I lined up against a guy going 30 mph, and I asked him if he wanted to go... so he said "sure!" as he gunned it. He got a huge jump on me about 2 to 3 car lengths but I was able to reel him in to about 1 length behind, but in the twisties he lost me! I had to let off because I was sliding around the corners but he just kept going! WTF
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

accordiOwned!
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    every time anyone asks to drive my car - even valets I say "no". when they say "what's the big deal?" I say "would you let someone wear your underwear? would you let someone have sex with your girlfriend? ....same thing."

Quote Originally Posted by WRX
    How fast are V6 6spd Accords?

I lined up against a guy going 30 mph, and I asked him if he wanted to go... so he said "sure!" as he gunned it. He got a huge jump on me about 2 to 3 car lengths but I was able to reel him in to about 1 length behind, but in the twisties he lost me! I had to let off because I was sliding around the corners but he just kept going! WTF

I'm scratching my head here too. . the v6's are pretty nice and can move easily walk on a stock wrx.
    You need to stop running 10 and run 20 psi
    _B

as mentioned, the V6 ones will own a stock wrx from a roll on contest. they are pretty quick these days.

as for losing you in the twisties, It seems that just about every car comes with better tires as stock equipment than a wrx, so it isnt too surprising.
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

^^^ very true.. im telling you my wrx handles for crap.. but im coming from a upgraded miata and i know nothing handles next to that, but it feels very top heavy, almost like it could roll, im thinking a rear sway and a small drop might fix it but i got a new mountain bike so i cant really buy it yet
    Handling: Kyb AGX struts, Tein springs, camber bolts, Alignment -1.3F/-1.0R
    Looks: Gold powder coated stockers, Tint 30%F/20%rear, Infinity speakers, Sony deck
    Future mods: Legacy GT
    Car domain:http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/852175

Personally I don't think the rex handles that well in stock form even with upgraded tires. Way too much body roll and just too soft overall. I'm hoping sways and endlinks take care of this.

Quote Originally Posted by zoinks
    Personally I don't think the rex handles that well in stock form even with upgraded tires. Way too much body roll and just too soft overall. I'm hoping sways and endlinks take care of this.
    haha you have no idea how rock solid these thigns are with BASIC BASIC upgrades...it's ridiculous the improvement.

inform
    Looks: Gold powder coated stockers, Tint 30%F/20%rear, Infinity speakers, Sony deck

Must have been a Hell of an Accord to leave you with your mods????

Quote Originally Posted by Timdog1650
    haha you have no idea how rock solid these thigns are with BASIC BASIC upgrades...it's ridiculous the improvement.
    Yeah rear sway and endlinks are in my very near future As well as tires, my sumitomos are getting a bit bald If people wouldn't run freakin studded tires around here then the streets wouldn't be like grinding stones. There MAY be one or two days out of the year that they're needed. In the mountains is a different story...

the problem is, people who have em either never use them or drive over the passes like once a week.. and its not worth the time to take them off or cost effective. to put them on when it might happen. i mean it sucks but who wants to put on studded tires in the snow or wait forever because everyone needs their tires changed

WRX
    yeah, what susp. mods would those be?
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by scott144
    Must have been a Hell of an Accord to leave you with your mods????
    I'm sure if it was a straight line race, I would've passed him but I lost in the twisties.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

The stock accord v6 runs 14.4-14.6 pretty quick in a straight line.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Swaybars, endlinks and right off the bat you're 10000 times better. Throw in some struts/springs or JDM STi suspension, and you're totally set to go. If you have money to throw away, strut tower bars are a nice addition, then the infamous front underbrace if you're really picky...I mean, if you go in stages, it will feel like a different car every single time, and you'll fall in love over and over.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.