Owned by an Accord?!? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Owned by an Accord?!? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by DTR rex try out a 6spd. they are nearly half a second faster hahah That was what ...

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    try out a 6spd. they are nearly half a second faster
    hahah That was what I actually went there for! They didn't have any, and would only bring one in if i left a deposit.... It is odd how dealers expect people to buy cars without trying them out first....

If I were int he market a Ferrari 360 or 575, I'd still insist on having a go before laying down the bread....
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

<---------------watched a 6speed v6 accord struggle to get 15.3's, i'm not impressed but that's pry because i build them every day
    Aspen white/gold 03 sedan *SOLD*
    Aspen white/gold 06 STi STG2 Bailey ProTuned

the new V6s arnt THAT quick. Could have just been the driver but i beat one(a 6speed) from a roll with just a Turbo XS TBE.

soon I'll have my new suspension on I can't wait, helix front and rear sway bars, rear endlinks, adjustable struts, JDM V7 springs. And I've got some 17x7.5 track rubber to put on.

Ugh, I dont get it. A WRX's main claim to fame is how they handle in the twisties and you got owned by an Accord If you are going to get owned in the twisties by an Accord in a WRX, you might as well just trade it in for some V8 muscle

Gen 7 03.5-05 Accord V6 6speed Coupes typically run 14.2-14.4@98-100mph. On 91 octane they are 252hp at the crank(car and driver proven), about 210-215@the wheels. They weigh a hair over 3300lbs. A relatively stock wrx will have a hard time with them. One of my previous hangouts(forum) has several members with nothing other other intake, exhaust, and an AFC putting around 240+hp to the ground. They aren't slouches. There's even been a few of the autos break into 14s bone stock trapping 96-98mph. I've seen three of them at sac raceway. one with a 75 shot running 13.1-13.3 with HORRID traction problems, the other two were 14.0-14.4 trapping 97-100mph.

Quick way to spot a 6 speed coupe, look for the red V6 badge, although I have spotted an R boy with a red V6 badge and a single 2" exhaust coming out the back, making it a 4 banger, and unfortunately all 7 gen accords have 5 lugs(6th gen only v6 had 5 lug), so it was hard to tell.

Comfort wise? I miss the hell out of my V6 accord, on long drives that thing was definately comfortable. For what they are they aren't slow, I'd classify them as peppy.
    an 05 wrx wagon with a few mods and an 06 G35 sedan with none.

Quote Originally Posted by kessler89
    <---------------watched a 6speed v6 accord struggle to get 15.3's, i'm not impressed but that's pry because i build them every day
    the person you saw driving sucked balls then. A good or even decent driver should have no trouble running 14.4-14.6
    not to mention they trap anywhere from 97-99mph which is pretty damn good IMO.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

It's not hard to imagine... Last week on the tollway, a guy in a stock Forester XT wouldn't let me line up with him and kept hitting it before I could respond. Took me a while to reel him in each time. And then he continued pushing and accelerating on the tollway through a turn that I didn't feel comfortable trying to take on my Blizzaks at high speed. I'm not about to risk putting my car off the road or into a guard rail just to prove my car handles a tad better... LOL I'll do it at the track, or in a more controlled setting with less risk.

So I don't have a problem believing that a nutjob driver who takes a head start and pushes his car beyond a safe level through public streets (drifting essentially) can beat a faster and better handling car with a somewhat more responsible driver.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Best time I've seen from a stock Accord V6 6MT was a 14.2 at 99mph. So a WRX 99% of the time should walk a stock V6 6MT accord from a dig. From a roll, the Accord V6 traps a few mph higher, so unless the WRX has a TBE or something it will probably have some trouble.

As far as him losing you in the twisties..um, I don't know what to say. I have an Accord V6 Coupe, 6MT and the thing handles like a boat and the tires are crap. This thing handles worse than my old RSX-S...and my buddy has a Rex and I've always thought it handled better than my RSX. So I don't know what to say - maybe you just weren't pushing it to the limit which is reasonable.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

THATS IT!!!>>> STI Time!.... and yeah this is a luxury type car which would dictate a soft ass suspension softer then the WRX unless he went ahead and changed stuff out.. you will never know!
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

Quote Originally Posted by smokey
    Best time I've seen from a stock Accord V6 6MT was a 14.2 at 99mph. So a WRX 99% of the time should walk a stock V6 6MT accord from a dig. .
    Accord V6 6spd is much easier to drive though... With great drivers the wrx will run 14.1 vs the accords 14.3 but in the real world, most wrx drivers cant do better than 14.4-14.6 while an average accord driver should have no problem pulling off 14.4-14.5 so I think its a pretty even race, even from a dig.
    The wrx's capabilities is just that... CAPABILITIES! There is a large misconception that the car runs 14.1 or 14.2 stock. It is CAPABLE but most drivers with decent experience one see any better than a 14.4 or so.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I'd be pretty bummed losing to an Accord to man.
    No biggy tho, next time you run into one you'll be more prepared and you'll be the one getting the jump on him. As far as the twisties, good idea taking it easy. If it doesnt feel right then dont do it, not worth the risk I'd say

if ya didnt know... now ya know. These accords have evolved quite nicely. Great motor in those things... almost bought an 03, but the interior wasnt as cushy as the GLE Maxima i test drove... and bought
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.