Owned by an Accord?!? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Owned by an Accord?!? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Good info! How about some links to this stuff. With a stock suspension, what would end-links do for me? ...or ...

Good info!
    How about some links to this stuff.

With a stock suspension, what would end-links do for me? ...or do they need to be mated w/ a new swaybar?

Oh...found them...
    http://www.perrinperformance.com/Pro...dlink_Rear.htm

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Local guy wants to know...

...what twisties are you referring to? There's a few industrial parks that wind around, but I can't think of too many places that would offer the chance for a moderately better handling car to run away from you around here (Aurora and Montgomery area).

I've got Eibach springs, new OEM struts, Whiteline rear sway bar, and Perrin endlinks and am very happy with the way the car handles. My roommate can't believe the way it sticks to onramps, even on the Blizzaks... Can't wait for warm weather and the chance to throw the Kuhmo MX's back on the car.

The best handling mod, is of course driver training and being familiar with your car in those situations.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

WRX
    It was a twisty section of road through an industrial park by the Fox Valley Mall. Turns weren't made for going 60-80 around them. When I noticed how fast I was going, I totally hit the brakes because it was really stupid to drive that fast through there. Maybe that's why the guy beat me.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

I Support ClubWRX
    It was probably because you weren't driving as aggressively as him. The Suby would pwn an Accord through twisties. And as far as the V6 Accords "owning" stock Rexes from a roll, I wouldn't quite say "own" - it's more of a very slow creeping by thing.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I don't know about from a roll but I put a couple of bus lenghts on one from a stop, I know it was a V6 becasue I was comming up to the light where he was standing at.He rolled down his window and said "man your car is fast"! on the next light. Are they really that quick becasue it looked to me like the guy tried to race me, but maybe my sick launch made him give up right away. Ilove AWD As far as the twisties goes the stock tires are I was trying to chase a porshe through some upstate roads and lets just say it was not a happy afair, but the pirelli I have put on now are awesome, I propably would be able to keep up with him much better.
    Last edited by subaru_crazy; 02-09-2005 at 09:04 PM.
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    It was probably because you weren't driving as aggressively as him. The Suby would pwn an Accord through twisties. And as far as the V6 Accords "owning" stock Rexes from a roll, I wouldn't quite say "own" - it's more of a very slow creeping by thing.
    I am not sure about the twisties, but as far as it owning a wrx from a roll I agree.. "slow creeping" as you say are for cars that have a trap difference that are within 1-2mph from one another. The Accord V6 6spd traps 4+ mph higher than a wrx. I would say it would put some heavy distance on the wrx pretty quickly.. I have been in a 6spd V6 accord and I was quite impressed. Def an all around faster car than my rex was when it was stock.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    I am not sure about the twisties, but as far as it owning a wrx from a roll I agree.. "slow creeping" as you say are for cars that have a trap difference that are within 1-2mph from one another. The Accord V6 6spd traps 4+ mph higher than a wrx. I would say it would put some heavy distance on the wrx pretty quickly.. I have been in a 6spd V6 accord and I was quite impressed. Def an all around faster car than my rex was when it was stock.
    they put six speeds in accords now

Quote Originally Posted by Timdog1650
    haha you have no idea how rock solid these thigns are with BASIC BASIC upgrades...it's ridiculous the improvement.

Oh Hell yeah! I fully agree. Just some good end links and springs etc, Mine is a different car in the turns!
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX
    I totally hit the brakes because it was really stupid to drive that fast through there. Maybe that's why the guy beat me.

Even Michael Schumacher said that one of the reasons he is so fast is because he is ALWAYS on the edge. So being the fact where you were maybe you were smarter than the moron taking a chance on a city street, take him to a track and own him!
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    they put six speeds in accords now
    new accord V6 coupe comes with a 6spd manual and runs mid 14's with no problem at traps of 98+ mph. Def. a nice car considering they look pretty sleek and you get honda reliability, gas mileage, and a real nice interior.

Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by WRX
    How fast are V6 6spd Accords?

I lined up against a guy going 30 mph, and I asked him if he wanted to go... so he said "sure!" as he gunned it. He got a huge jump on me about 2 to 3 car lengths but I was able to reel him in to about 1 length behind, but in the twisties he lost me! I had to let off because I was sliding around the corners but he just kept going! WTF
    The day that happens to me is the day I stop driving a "fast" car and go get a Focus or something. I have pwned V6 Accords in my hotels Mazda MPV minivan and that is a 3.0L V6 with 200hp/200tq. It was so damn funny to see the kids face as I passed him and put a couple lengths on him Seriously though, the coupe carries 240 hp which is pretty decent but for him to pull away from you like that with your mods...
    Last edited by mball; 02-10-2005 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GIRex
    ^^^ very true.. im telling you my wrx handles for crap.. but im coming from a upgraded miata and i know nothing handles next to that, but it feels very top heavy, almost like it could roll, im thinking a rear sway and a small drop might fix it but i got a new mountain bike so i cant really buy it yet
    Even with lowering springs, I still was unhappy with the handling of my car. It wasn't until i got some H&R coilovers that I was happy. Now, the car corners flat, and the rear end will come around if I get too greedy with the throttle mid-corner. Only issue now though, is that the ride quality can be pretty harsh on pothole-ridden roads.
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    new accord V6 coupe comes with a 6spd manual and runs mid 14's with no problem at traps of 98+ mph. Def. a nice car considering they look pretty sleek and you get honda reliability, gas mileage, and a real nice interior.

The accords are definitely nice cars now a days. I testdrove a V6 auto sedan last week (I was feelin bored ), and even with 3 people in the car, it felt every bit as quick as my wrx when stock. It was really entertaining watching the traction control kick in whenever I floored it from a slow roll. As speeds increased, it was aparent that it was quicker than a stock wrx and would own from a roll. Quality was excellent, witht he doors closing with a mercedes-like thump, and not the tinny clank we get when we shut our doors.
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mball
    The day that happens to me is the day I stop driving a "fast" car and go get a Focus or something. I have pwned V6 Accords in my hotels Mazda MPV minivan and that is a 3.0L V6 with 200hp/200tq. It was so damn funny to see the kids face as I passed him and put a couple lengths on him Seriously though, the coupe carries 240 hp which is pretty decent but for him to pull away from you like that with your mods...
    like I said, if it were a straight line, I would've passed him pretty easily... Plus if you read my first post he got a huge jump on me and I reeled him in quite a bit.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Quote Originally Posted by jigga
    The accords are definitely nice cars now a days. I testdrove a V6 auto sedan last week (I was feelin bored ), and even with 3 people in the car, it felt every bit as quick as my wrx when stock. It was really entertaining watching the traction control kick in whenever I floored it from a slow roll. As speeds increased, it was aparent that it was quicker than a stock wrx and would own from a roll. Quality was excellent, witht he doors closing with a mercedes-like thump, and not the tinny clank we get when we shut our doors.
    try out a 6spd. they are nearly half a second faster
    Just call me Clark Kent

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.