COBB 2 Vs. 350 Z - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 45 of 45

This is a discussion on COBB 2 Vs. 350 Z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey ScoobyBoy2, are you going to Norm Reeves Meet? Peolpe on AWJ are meeting up saturday morning...should be fun..... ....

  1. #31
    J-H
    J-H is offline
    Registered User J-H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    807
    Hey ScoobyBoy2, are you going to Norm Reeves Meet?

    Peolpe on AWJ are meeting up saturday morning...should be fun.....





    .
    My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....



    JH

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #32
    Registered User ScoobyBoy2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    431
    nah man, i was supposed to go, i told shane i was gonna show up on awjunkies.com but then i broke my oil pump so my car is at subaru right now and i dont get it fixed till monday, i really really wanna go, i was at shane's install fest! Were you there? i dont think ive met you
    04 black evo!!!!
    Car How To

  4. #33
    Registered User bigwrxguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,306
    Quote Originally Posted by scooby24
    Wow you really have no idea what you are talking about with the STi.

    I ran a 13.3 stock in my STi. Best stage 2 I've seen run ran a 13.6. Find me someone that has ran a timeslip in a stage 2 WRX that is the same as the stock STi (13.1 - 13.3).

    Next about the whole STi not taking to power as well as the WRX. You are completely and utterly wrong.

    See the numbers in my sig? yeah...that's with TBE and Utec. Nothing else. I gained around 65 whp and 70 tq with those two mods. Stage 2 WRX is LUCKLY to get 50 whp and 40 tq from those mods.

    I never said a cobb stage 2 WRX was faster, I said they'd run around the same times, i.e .1-.3 slower of second for the WRX which is about right. Go look at the drag forum there's quite a few guys who have run 13.4-13.5 on a cobb stage 2 setup. And one or two that have run 13.3.

    I'm talking about Cobb as well not your custom UTEC tune on a high reading dyno. From what I've seen most WRX's with a UTEC put down more HP than a cobb stage 2 does, just because it's a custom tune. But that's another debate in it's self.

    I never said I didn't like the STI and of course I'd take one over my WRX. But I'm not willing to spend that kind of money for a car.

  5. #34
    Registered User ScoobyBoy2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwrxguy
    I never said a cobb stage 2 WRX was faster, I said they'd run around the same times, i.e .1-.3 slower of second for the WRX which is about right. Go look at the drag forum there's quite a few guys who have run 13.4-13.5 on a cobb stage 2 setup. And one or two that have run 13.3.

    I'm talking about Cobb as well not your custom UTEC tune on a high reading dyno. From what I've seen most WRX's with a UTEC put down more HP than a cobb stage 2 does, just because it's a custom tune. But that's another debate in it's self.

    I never said I didn't like the STI and of course I'd take one over my WRX. But I'm not willing to spend that kind of money for a car.
    finally someone with some intelligence, thats exactly what im saying man!
    04 black evo!!!!
    Car How To

  6. #35
    J-H
    J-H is offline
    Registered User J-H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    807
    I am new to AWJ. I was at the last PO meet though. Won a couple prizes. I was too sick (beer sick) to show up at Shane'. We have never met. If you want you come ride with me...totally up to you....let me know. I am meeting them at In N Out and cruising up. I am getting a Tune-up. Don't know how long I will stay, but you can probably negotiate a ride back if you want to leave earlier/later than me.....




    .
    My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....



    JH

  7. #36
    Registered User STiPwrSlide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Hollywood, FL
    Posts
    356
    "and nice try you idiot, but stage 2 wrx is not a utec"


    ehhm.. fist of all, stage 2 doesn't automatically mean Cobb. by Cobb's definition a stage 2 is TBE + EM. TSX and Vishnu say different. Weather itis a Utec or accessport is irrelevant to my post. Actually, I think a properly tuned utek would yield more power with TBE then a standard map from Cobb. Next time you call some one an idiot..check your self first.
    You wanna shoot? shoot. Dont talk!

  8. #37
    Registered User ScoobyBoy2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by STiPwrSlide
    "and nice try you idiot, but stage 2 wrx is not a utec"


    ehhm.. fist of all, stage 2 doesn't automatically mean Cobb. by Cobb's definition a stage 2 is TBE + EM. TSX and Vishnu say different. Weather itis a Utec or accessport is irrelevant to my post. Actually, I think a properly tuned utek would yield more power with TBE then a standard map from Cobb. Next time you call some one an idiot..check your self first.
    thats my point man, we were all talking about a stage 2 wrx with uppipe keeping up with an sti thats why he said this "I'm talking about Cobb as well not your custom UTEC tune on a high reading dyno. From what I've seen most WRX's with a UTEC put down more HP than a cobb stage 2 does, just because it's a custom tune. But that's another debate in it's self." utec is an entirely different debate. WE WERE TALKING ABOUT COBB NOT UTEC.
    04 black evo!!!!
    Car How To

  9. #38
    Registered User scooby24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    1,866
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyBoy2
    u just need to stop talking! u are so full of yourself because you bought an sti. I LOVE STI's nothing against them, but i hate people who own them because they think, well i have an sti, you have a wrx, my car is automatically faster, the sti is a much better all around car but it is very easy to put the speed of an STI into a wrx, and for you to say someone would be LUCKY to get 50 whp from stage 2, where the fukc have you been man. on a dynojet, not some cheap a@@ mustang dyno like you got your car done on that read HIGH, but a dynojet, stock wrx's dyno around 160, the LOWEST that a stage 2 wrx (W/OUT UPPIPE) dynoed at was 213 whp on a dynojet. WELL, LETS DO THE MATH TOGETHER, 213-160, hmm.. well that equals 53 whp, wow, and thats the lowest, most people dyno somewhere AROUND(not exactly) 230whp, and u should definitely know this, YOUR STI WAYS MORE THAN A WRX AS WELL! if i were u i would just stop talking

    Are you done spreading miss information yet? Ask ANYONE in the industry. Mustang Dyno's produce REAL usually LOWER results than a dynojet. Dynojets consistently read about 8 to 12% HIGHER than a mustang. Get your facts straight before you come on here and start making claims on things you don't know.

    This simple fact now discredits anything you say. Go research some more. Come back when you are ready to grow up and accept some advice.

    BTW you forgot to mention how I destroyed your notion that STi's don't take to mods as well as a WRX.
    05 Crystal Gray STi
    304 hp 353 lbs on 92 octane ------> Mustang Dyno
    12.6 @ 109.2 > new numbers coming soon.

  10. #39
    Registered User ScoobyBoy2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by J-H
    I am new to AWJ. I was at the last PO meet though. Won a couple prizes. I was too sick (beer sick) to show up at Shane'. We have never met. If you want you come ride with me...totally up to you....let me know. I am meeting them at In N Out and cruising up. I am getting a Tune-up. Don't know how long I will stay, but you can probably negotiate a ride back if you want to leave earlier/later than me.....




    .
    thanks for the offer, but i actually JUST RECEIVED a call from subaru saying my car SHOULD be done tonite so i could pick it up around 5, yeahhh! ill be cruising over there with my friend chris-hes got a nice white and gold sti. but keep in touch!
    04 black evo!!!!
    Car How To

  11. #40
    Registered User scooby24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    1,866
    Mustang MD250 vs. Dynojet 248C
    Dynojet 248C is actually an accelerometer whereby it uses a 3000-3200 pound drum that is used to create an inertia load on the vehicle being tested. The vehicle's horsepower (HP) and torque try to overcome the weight/inertia of the drum to accelerate it. As a result the software and electronics try to measure the horsepower and torque that the vehicle is developing to overcome the drum's weight and inertia. The resulting horsepower and torque will be higher than a true loading dyno because once the drum starts rolling not as much power is needed to keep it going. Example -- When pushing a car on a flat road, once the car starts moving not as much power (effort) is needed to keep it going. The software does not ask for vehicle weight or anything like horsepower needed to maintain 50 MPH (a number that is actually put out by E.P.A. and N.H.T.S.A.).

    The Mustang MD250 dyno is a true loading dyno, because it uses an inertia weight as well as an eddy current motor that is attached to the rollers. This eddy current motor creates a drag on the shaft by way of electricity that causes a magnetic field to try and overcome the torque going through the roller shafts. This current is controlled by software that is always trying to simulate load as if the car is driving in real world conditions. The real benefit from the loading dyno is the ability to maintain a load that allows a tuner to properly go through a fuel map or ignition map and tune the chip for optimum horsepower and torque. It has the ability to also simulate the IM240 emissions test as required in some states. It can check 1/4 mile times as well as times for 0-60 MPH and 0-100 MPH. It can also be used for road testing and simulation for drivability problems. As a result of the loading capability, the dyno numbers from a mustang dyno will come out lower than the inertia (dynojet) dyno. Further information can be seen at
    Just in case you needed proof.
    05 Crystal Gray STi
    304 hp 353 lbs on 92 octane ------> Mustang Dyno
    12.6 @ 109.2 > new numbers coming soon.

  12. #41
    Registered User 04wrx4keeps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Central NY/ Western PA (for school)
    Posts
    520
    Well about the whole Cobb Stage 2 vs STI thing, they are close because I've run them on the street. I didnt run from a dig but from 40mph up we were dead even till about 4th gear when he (sti) started to pull before we shut down, and he had the jump on me (started at my back bumper and by the time he caught up and i was on it we were side by side). We toyed around a little and i know he had some mods cuzz he was shooting fire out the tailpipe. Only difference was he had a passenger and i didnt. as far as track times go I've seen lots of STi's at the track running high 13's low 14's (cuzz people dont know how to drive them). The only time i've run my stage 2 at the track i hit 13.8@99 on a 1.85 60' and it was 75 with almost 100% humidity, and the STi owner i talked to that day was running about the same (13.6-13.8). I only got that one run in that day though and havent been back since.

  13. #42
    Registered User ScoobyBoy2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    431
    i stand corrected, and im sorry
    04 black evo!!!!
    Car How To

  14. #43
    Registered User ScoobyBoy2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    431
    we are all awd enthusiasts, lets get along!
    04 black evo!!!!
    Car How To

  15. #44
    Registered User scooby24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    1,866
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyBoy2
    we are all awd enthusiasts, lets get along!

    You are far too quick to judge and far too quick to insult.

    In the future please do not assume you are more knowledgeable than the people who have been on this site for awhile and please do not assume that because I drive and STi and KNOW it's abilities versus the WRX (because I have had both now) that I think I'm better than someone because of my Car. I was simply stating what I know about the cars and do not like to be told I'm wrong.

    As I've stated before a Stage 2 WRX versus a Stock STi is a drivers race from a roll.

    If you put a GOOD driver behind the wheel of an STi and a GOOD driver behind the wheel of a stage 2 wrx, they will not be the same from a dig. The WRX will run a mid to high 13 and the STi will run a low 13. Thus making it no longers a driver's race...but rather a CAR'S race.

    Lets be more mature now and not disregard someone else's experience as wrong. Thanks.
    05 Crystal Gray STi
    304 hp 353 lbs on 92 octane ------> Mustang Dyno
    12.6 @ 109.2 > new numbers coming soon.

  16. #45
    Registered User 04wrx4keeps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Central NY/ Western PA (for school)
    Posts
    520
    Deffinatly what I figured when i raced him (STI). STi's have shorter gears and always seem to just come out of the hole a little better, so i would figure with really good drivers in both cars it would be like a low 13 for the sti and a mid 13 for the wrx.....but those times are still so close its like splitting hairs... 13.1...13.3...13.5...theres not 'that' much of a difference there, although there is one no doubt. Street races are a strange animal too...theres no R/T timer and E/T timer, ive seen faster cars lose to slower ones because of crappy reactions on the street.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •