COBB 2 Vs. 350 Z - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on COBB 2 Vs. 350 Z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by scooby24 From a roll only. A stage 2 wrx will not hit a low 13/high 12 like ...

Quote Originally Posted by scooby24
    From a roll only. A stage 2 wrx will not hit a low 13/high 12 like a stock STi will.

Massive torque and excellent gearing give the STi the edge from a dig.
    ok show me how many sti's you actually see running high 12's STOCK! not very many. most are closer to mid 13's than anything. like 13.4 13.3 area with a decent driver. some not even that. the sti was not downtuned the same way the wrx was, their is alot more easy power to be unleashed in the wrx than their is in the sti.(ie the uppipe and fuel mapping) the ap makes a much bigger difference for the wrx than sti. STAGE 2 WRX W/UPPIPE WILL HANG WITH AN STI IN A 1/4 MILE!!! from a roll probably not as well considering the sti runs a bigger turbo than the wrx giving it a better advantage on mid to top end power, but its still possible.
    04 black evo!!!!
    Car How To

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by chuglobal
    A Stage 2 WRX is slower than a stock STI; it's not a drivers race but a car issue. My old 2002 WRX Stage 2.5 was at 220whp and I was still slower than a stock STI. I love my STI now and can't wait to justify a TBE and EcuTek.
    and yes i also agree with this, and dont take offense to this, but some people get lemons, personally i feel like i got one of the "freak" wrx's, every car is different
    04 black evo!!!!
    Car How To

Quote Originally Posted by enash99
    So Uppipe/ TBE (catless) with out ECU flash or AP, will a good driver have a chance at a 350Z or a STI?
    Without engine management, those mods will not be enough to take a Z or STi.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

2002 wrx silver

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyBoy2
    ok show me how many sti's you actually see running high 12's STOCK! not very many. most are closer to mid 13's than anything. like 13.4 13.3 area with a decent driver. some not even that. the sti was not downtuned the same way the wrx was, their is alot more easy power to be unleashed in the wrx than their is in the sti.(ie the uppipe and fuel mapping) the ap makes a much bigger difference for the wrx than sti. STAGE 2 WRX W/UPPIPE WILL HANG WITH AN STI IN A 1/4 MILE!!! from a roll probably not as well considering the sti runs a bigger turbo than the wrx giving it a better advantage on mid to top end power, but its still possible.

I know what your saying most STI's run around 13.3-13.4 with a good driver, which is around a stage 2 from a dig. But like you said the STI doesn't gain as much as the WRX does from the same mods, just because the WRX has so mnay more power robbing parts on it.

as Chuglobal said, a cobb stage 2 is still slower thana stock STi, and would get owned by a 350Z from a roll. Cobb stage 2's put down around 220whp, while a stock STi has about 20 more whp and more torque to play with.
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyBoy2

Wow you really have no idea what you are talking about with the STi.

I ran a 13.3 stock in my STi. Best stage 2 I've seen run ran a 13.6. Find me someone that has ran a timeslip in a stage 2 WRX that is the same as the stock STi (13.1 - 13.3).

Next about the whole STi not taking to power as well as the WRX. You are completely and utterly wrong.

See the numbers in my sig? yeah...that's with TBE and Utec. Nothing else. I gained around 65 whp and 70 tq with those two mods. Stage 2 WRX is LUCKLY to get 50 whp and 40 tq from those mods.
    05 Crystal Gray STi
    304 hp 353 lbs on 92 octane ------> Mustang Dyno
    12.6 @ 109.2 > new numbers coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwrxguy
    I know what your saying most STI's run around 13.3-13.4 with a good driver, which is around a stage 2 from a dig. But like you said the STI doesn't gain as much as the WRX does from the same mods, just because the WRX has so mnay more power robbing parts on it.
    You guys really are clueless.

My stock Sti was running PIG rich. It showed around 7.3:1 AFR. Remapping the fuel gave me 11.4:1 and that gave me 30 whp. Got the rest of the power with the exhaust.

"power robbing parts" ?

You have ONE more cat than the STi. That's it.
    05 Crystal Gray STi
    304 hp 353 lbs on 92 octane ------> Mustang Dyno
    12.6 @ 109.2 > new numbers coming soon.

Also, 0.5 less displacement, lower-flowing heads, open deck block, and the list goes on!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

J-H
    You guys really are clueless.

My stock Sti was running PIG rich. It showed around 7.3:1 AFR. Remapping the fuel gave me 11.4:1 and that gave me 30 whp. Got the rest of the power with the exhaust.

"power robbing parts" ?

I think 50whp with a TBE and ECU flash is possible on a WRX.....

What I don't think is that a stage 2 can hang with an STI. Never ran one, but I am willing to find out...in the name of science of course

Also, I have stage 2 + uppipe.

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

Quote Originally Posted by jigga
    as Chuglobal said, a cobb stage 2 would get owned by a 350Z from a roll. .
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

So according to you guys, STi should fire all their engineers for wasting money on a larger displacement semi rienforced deck, larger turbo, sodium filled exhaust valves, AVCS, bigger injectors+rails, molibednium (sp?) coated pistons, bigger intercooler, better flowing head + exhaust, 6 speed close ratio gear box... All they had to do was throw a utec and TB on a WRX and call it a day.
    You wanna shoot? shoot. Dont talk!

J-H
    Quote Originally Posted by STiPwrSlide
    So according to you guys, STi should fire all their engineers for wasting money on a larger displacement semi rienforced deck, larger turbo, sodium filled exhaust valves, AVCS, bigger injectors+rails, molibednium (sp?) coated pistons, bigger intercooler, better flowing head + exhaust, 6 speed close ratio gear box... All they had to do was throw a utec and TB on a WRX and call it a day.

That is how much the EPA regulations suck.....

I don't agree completely, but speed wise it is pretty close, yeah TB + utec would get close, but it would not be the same car (autocross, handling, roll on runs, etc, etc...Just the 1/4)

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

Quote Originally Posted by STiPwrSlide
    no one said anything about the sti not being a nice car, all we are saying is that there are very little sti's running HIGH 12's LOW 13's STOCK, most run MID 13's like a fukcing 13.5 very similar to the times that stage 2 wrx's run, and nice try you idiot, but stage 2 wrx is not a utec, i was talking about cobb with tbe and AN UPPIPE which gives the wrx an even bigger advantage with spool up and you're not even gonna hit 6th gear in the quarter mile, just have different shift points, I STILL SAY AND KNOW FOR A FACT THAT A STAGE 2 WRX W/UPPIPE WILL HANG WITH A STOCK STI IN A 1/4 MILE.!!!
    04 black evo!!!!
    Car How To

Wow you really have no idea what you are talking about with the STi.

I ran a 13.3 stock in my STi. Best stage 2 I've seen run ran a 13.6. Find me someone that has ran a timeslip in a stage 2 WRX that is the same as the stock STi (13.1 - 13.3).

Next about the whole STi not taking to power as well as the WRX. You are completely and utterly wrong.

See the numbers in my sig? yeah...that's with TBE and Utec. Nothing else. I gained around 65 whp and 70 tq with those two mods. Stage 2 WRX is LUCKLY to get 50 whp and 40 tq from those mods.
    u just need to stop talking! u are so full of yourself because you bought an sti. I LOVE STI's nothing against them, but i hate people who own them because they think, well i have an sti, you have a wrx, my car is automatically faster, the sti is a much better all around car but it is very easy to put the speed of an STI into a wrx, and for you to say someone would be LUCKY to get 50 whp from stage 2, where the fukc have you been man. on a dynojet, not some cheap a@@ mustang dyno like you got your car done on that read HIGH, but a dynojet, stock wrx's dyno around 160, the LOWEST that a stage 2 wrx (W/OUT UPPIPE) dynoed at was 213 whp on a dynojet. WELL, LETS DO THE MATH TOGETHER, 213-160, hmm.. well that equals 53 whp, wow, and thats the lowest, most people dyno somewhere AROUND(not exactly) 230whp, and u should definitely know this, YOUR STI WAYS MORE THAN A WRX AS WELL! if i were u i would just stop talking
    04 black evo!!!!
    Car How To

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.