cobb stg 2 vs. Amg convertable

This is a discussion on cobb stg 2 vs. Amg convertable within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm not sure which amg model this was guys, but it was very compact (2 seater). To keep things short ...

cobb stg 2 vs. Amg convertable

I'm not sure which amg model this was guys, but it was very compact (2 seater). To keep things short we basically lined up around 55 and went at it. He definantly got a slight jump on me and held it until around 85 (He had about 1 car). We couldn't take it any further, however I would have liked to try an even start. That doesn't always happen on the street though. I wonder what model it was, and if it had some mods. I'm guessing it might be a supercharged model? It was a good run, we both waved and went different directions afterwards.

-Jared

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

SLK32 AMG has 349hp and 332 trq

Nice death!
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

If it makes the loss feel better, think of the price difference of the cars, and think of how well you did!!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

J-H
    1 car from 55-85...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Not calling BS because you lost, but I think this guy was playing you...or he had an older AMG...non-SC'ed

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

Quote Originally Posted by Brents
    If it makes the loss feel better, think of the price difference of the cars, and think of how well you did!!
    Why does the price argument always come up on every message board. I swear, if someone loses to a more expensive car its always "think of the price difference." You give Civics some ground to stand on with that argument
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Quote Originally Posted by J-H
    1 car from 55-85...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Not calling BS because you lost, but I think this guy was playing you...or he had an older AMG...non-SC'ed
    It was the SLK 32amg after looking at some pictures. I'm guessing the guy was trying. He also had a very small girl in the car, maybe 100lbs. I couldn't tell what year it was, but it definantly said amg and it had some wide rear tires.

-jared
    Last edited by Jared703; 02-09-2005 at 11:23 AM.

J-H
    Reason for me being skeptical is that the newer AMG (SC'ed ones) are just freaking insane.....100lbs would not affect the race and all of them have wide tires...

Seriously though, I hope you run into a 2005 E55 or something...you will see what I mean....complete ownage....I have experieced it and I am also Stage 2.

In any case, nuce run...it is rare to get these AMG guys to run...usually they are an older crowd and don't really like to take thier chances...

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

I posted a race I had a few weeks back against a nice E55. It was a short quick sprint from a dead stop and I was able to hold him off till about 60mph when he started to pass by me but stopped due to traffic. I was definitely surprised I held him off for as long as I did but I know he would have raped me if we went any further.

The e55 is a monster... the driver was cool too, that's the best part about it... he gave me props on my lil ol wrx

J-H
    Not to beat this to death:

Thii is how it goes.....

0-60, we are like....hell yeah....can't touch me from a stop bish...WRX.....LOL
    60-100, at least I hel you off till 60.....pray for stop light again
    100-up, annihilation......WOW !!!!!!!!

This is starting from a dig....from a roll, forget it.....modded cobras get they a$$e$ handed to them on a silver platter....

I had a pseudo race with an E55...this was in town...maybe 30-70. It was gone before my turbo spolled..I was stock...not that it matters...

JH

Quote Originally Posted by J-H
    Reason for me being skeptical is that the newer AMG (SC'ed ones) are just freaking insane.....100lbs would not affect the race and all of them have wide tires...

Seriously though, I hope you run into a 2005 E55 or something...you will see what I mean....complete ownage....I have experieced it and I am also Stage 2.

In any case, nuce run...it is rare to get these AMG guys to run...usually they are an older crowd and don't really like to take thier chances...

I've raced a 2004 from a dig with the little VF34 I didn't get slaughtered anywhere near as bad as I though I would. Right after I banged fourth and shut down he only had about a car and a half between us(2.5 car lead), but what made me stop was the fact that he pulled the 2.5 cars the instant I went into 4th, that thing was pulling like a mother. Definately highway bruisers. At the end of second he was about 5 feet behind my back bumper, through third he pulled up almost even, then 4th he was gone. They're not the easiest things to get out of the hole, especially on normal tarmac. I''ve seen two different e55s run up at sacramento, they were both pulling 2flat 60' and both running 12.3-12.5@115-116, and at the strip it was the same thing I saw racing one on the street, they were quick down low, but FAST AS HELL when they got up to speed. Although one of the Es came back and did a run with drag radials and pulled a 1.7 60' and an 11.8@120 out of his arse. YIKES!
    an 05 wrx wagon with a few mods and an 06 G35 sedan with none.

Yeah I agree the E55 has a hudge top end. I have driven one with the amg package, ( i have to get used to shifting with the paddles tho) But E55 BMW M5 all have a hudge top end, I can hold off my friends M5 till about 65 the he goes right passed me.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

It's funny how things happen on the road after you post stuff related... well, I was minding my own business on the streets when what appeared to be a regular MB E500 pulls up next to me at the light. I didn't think much of it but out of the corner of my eye I could see the guy staring at me. I look over and it's this old white guy, probably mid-late 50's. He gives me a "what's up... u wanna run" nod of the head... I was shocked at his gesture and before I knew it the light was green and his tires were squealing. I was completely taken off guard so I bogged my launch bad and it was pretty much over from there. He had an instant 2 cars on me and I tried to catch up but he kept pulling away. I took it up to about 65mph before I gave up.

That thing was pretty damn fast... or at least it seemed like it because I was completely suprised by his attack. Who would've thought that an old fella in a stock e500 would want to race. I just wonder how the race would've been if I was ready for his launch. I can't even imagine what the e55 would've done to me if I didn't launch. Oh well, it's all in good fun.

J-H
    I am guesing you are stock. If he was ready, even with a good launch he would pass you at like 30-40mph....then it would be

I had a run with one a while ago when I was stock....I would say that he was on it 90% and I inched ahead with a very hard launch...

JH

Actually, I'm at Cobb stage2... so I hope I'd be able to hold him off past 50mph from a dead stop. I doubt I'll ever have a rematch though so I guess I'll never know.

J-H
    I have the same setup as you, but when I ran the guy I was stock.

My guess is that we would be able to hold an E500 for much longer...something like ecloser to triple digits....

Aren't they 305hp cars?

JH