Raced a G35 coupe
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Raced a G35 coupe within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I must say I am /was very impressed...wow..I am about 280 whp =345 + Flywheel and this STOCK G 35 ...

Banned

Raced a G35 coupe

I must say I am /was very impressed...wow..I am about 280 whp =345 + Flywheel and this STOCK G 35 coupe that got the initial jump (split second) kept up from middle of my 2cnd gear to end or 3rd in 4th I would start to pull and let off... I wonder if a Z would have been much closer. I always called B.S when I heard that 350z's and G35 coupes can keep up with E46 M3's now I believe it. Anyways... I have seen alot of wrx Vs G35 coupes stories and I am not so sure about all those races..lol J/K

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    At 280whp, you should have absolutely destroyed a G35. That car also won't keep up that well with an E46 M3. Maybe you raced one that was modded nicely? Seriously, they aren't that fast stock.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Banned

hmmm

we rolled down our windows and the guy yelled out STOCK!! Well I had a video posted up a while bakc Vs a modded E46 M3 and I had it by 2-3 cars... he looked stock?I dunno it was my 1st encounter with one and the guy stayed with me for 1 gear and 1/2 ,, I was thinking I should kill him I basicly have what he has at the Crank at my wheels

I Support ClubWRX
    I call BS on him being stock if he stayed with you for so long. I don't know what kind of times you're running, but a new M3 traps at 108mph or something and the Z/G35s are just a tick faster than a stock WRX, but they do have a little better top end. I think Motor Trend ran a best of 14.1 @96 or so in the Z...
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Banned

what a

LIAR!!! Lol.. I dunno I still pulled just impressed that he kept up.. espically thinking that he was stock..lol

If your wrx really has 280whp and you still let the stock G are able to keep up with you, then it is time to recall how you drive!!!!!!!

O5 Aspen White STI + AP stage II !!!
    02 Rally Blue WRX sold !!

STi EVO

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    I call BS on him being stock if he stayed with you for so long. I don't know what kind of times you're running, but a new M3 traps at 108mph or something and the Z/G35s are just a tick faster than a stock WRX, but they do have a little better top end. I think Motor Trend ran a best of 14.1 @96 or so in the Z...
    That 96mph trap is crap. Stock Z's trap 98-101mph and G's trap 97-100mph. As for Stock Z's hanging with e46's, i don't think they can. But anything can happen right? I mean you have guys on here saying that they can pull on a Z from a roll with a stock wrx.

Supersuby: If you really are at 280whp, then i don't think the G35 was stock. My guess is that he had an intake, plenum, exhaust, and a lightend crank pulley. This is considered lightly modded but these mods really help the top end. Good run man. Goes to show that people can't take Z's and G's lightly.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

Banned

Lol

YES I REALLY HAVE 280 whp... I posted the dyno sheet last year. Stock I dynod 237 whp. My mods are TBE 3" Ecutek Stage 3 clutch , fuel pump and BOV for noise..lol

me thinks someone lied to you

I dont see whats so incomprehensible here guys.

STi= 280whp
    G35c could have been the 05' that makes just about 300hp which I would say is putting down just about 265 or so whp. Not mention the old G35c's were trapping 99-100mph and the new ones could be putting up a couple mph faster than that. Superscoob said he beat it pretty easily after 3rd gear and it was only "keeping up" its not like the G was on his ass or anything. I see nothing wrong with this story. His Sti has maybe 15-20whp more than an 05' G35c and the G35c held with him in the early gears and the STi started to pull pretty hard after 3rd....

once again, no reason to call bs here IMO.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

what speed were you at?? our gears are so short maybe he started a gear better than you.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

i know i know mag racing is gay but here are three different sources

http://www.car-videos.com/performanc...D1=287&ID2=272

http://car-stats.com/stats/showstats...tsgivenid.aspx

http://car-stats.com/stats/showstats...tsgivenid.aspx

and when i test drove it thats how it felt to me
    <<<<<<<< LOOK AT MY NAME!!! lol
    COBB stg II

nice run
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Quote Originally Posted by supersuby
    I must say I am /was very impressed...wow..I am about 280 whp =345 + Flywheel and this STOCK G 35 coupe that got the initial jump (split second) kept up from middle of my 2cnd gear to end or 3rd in 4th I would start to pull and let off... I wonder if a Z would have been much closer. I always called B.S when I heard that 350z's and G35 coupes can keep up with E46 M3's now I believe it. Anyways... I have seen alot of wrx Vs G35 coupes stories and I am not so sure about all those races..lol J/K
    Good run! But you should keep calling BS on anyone that says a stock 350Z or G35C can keep up with a stock E46 M3, because that's exactly what it is - BS. An E46 M3 will rape a stock G35 or 350Z.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

J-H
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey
    Good run! But you should keep calling BS on anyone that says a stock 350Z or G35C can keep up with a stock E46 M3, because that's exactly what it is - BS. An E46 M3 will rape a stock G35 or 350Z.
    I have to agree with this too....no wayin hell can a 350Z or G35 keep up with an E46M3....and to throw some more drama into this discussion I would bet money that even at same HP levels the M3 would take the win....gearing.....

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast