WRX vs. S2000 from ~20-80mph - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRX vs. S2000 from ~20-80mph within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Zero0ne GTS over on s2k.com they got stock drivers slipping 13.6... a wrx is a good car ...

Originally posted by Zero0ne GTS
    over on s2k.com they got stock drivers slipping 13.6... a wrx is a good car but i doubt it can do that with just a mbc... maybe dip into the high 13s but not a 13.6
    I've people here claim 13.7's with only an mbc...and i've seen many s2k's only run low to mid 14's...
    stock s2k vs wrx + mbc is a drivers race

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'd take a S2k in a heartbeat if I had $$ enough to spend for it to be my autox car. Everytime I see one go through a slalom I'm amazed.

We might be as fast, and handle well, but its tough to compete with them in something like autox where weight/size matters.

tcc

Originally posted by jigga
    Madwagon - Is your car not loud with you running no cats except for the one in the uppipe? I am planning on going the same route, but am not sure how loud the whole thing will be.... I have a 5zigen catback whick is not loud right now.
    Not any more, but I'm still fiddling with my exhaust. I first had just a 2.5" catback with no resonator and a Bullet (dynomax kind of thing) stainless muffer....WAY, WAY too loud, droning at 3k was obnoxious. I then had a glass pack put on (resonator, cherry-bomb, etc), took care of the resonance, not obnoxious at all. I've done a few 500-1000 mile road trips and it was very pleasant. I did feel the exhaust get stuffed up again after 5k. I think the real noise comes from removing the stock resonator. Having no cats did not increase the noise by much and still doing very long road trips I'm not bothered by it at the least (I'm older and done with loud buzz-bomb exhausts). I think what I'll end up doing is going with a 3" catback to match my downpipe with a nicer resonator and bigger muffler, or two mufflers. I don't really dig the boxer sound, as it's more of a function of the strange exhaust manifold from what I've read. I'll be looking for 4into1 headers with an uppipe soon. With the addition of the godspeed downpipe, whatever I lost with that resonator has been made up for.

oh yeah..your original question...if it's not loud now it shouldnt be loud with no cats.
    Last edited by madwagon; 09-20-2002 at 09:14 AM.
    03 WR Blue WRX
    Factory Short Shifter
    Stock

Originally posted by Zero0ne GTS
    over on s2k.com they got stock drivers slipping 13.6... a wrx is a good car but i doubt it can do that with just a mbc... maybe dip into the high 13s but not a 13.6
    Times are nothing...what's the MPH...?

WRX's can get good times, but really dont have the MPH to back things up. That's where all this "no top end" yadda yadda comes from.

If you're a stop lighter, then sure quick times are fun, but if you're a road racer it's the MPH to watch for.
    03 WR Blue WRX
    Factory Short Shifter
    Stock

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12