r32 vs. sti - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on r32 vs. sti within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by elohdaeh78 I don't think WRX's are stolen because of what aftermarket parts they have. WRX's are stolen ...

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    I don't think WRX's are stolen because of what aftermarket parts they have. WRX's are stolen because they are WRX's and just as many stock on'es are stolen as modded. I don't think a thief is gonna look at your WRX and not steal it because it doesn't appear to be modded.
    yes, you are right, they arent stolen necessarily because of what parts are bolted onto them, but why offer extra insentive? Especially if you don't know who you are dealing with?

In the last month, 2 have been stolen where I am. They were recovered, but the theives took them for joy rides. They tend to be popular with thieves because they make great getaway vehicles (especially since cops use taurus and impala's up here).

I do this for the same reason why they say that you should keep valuables out of sight whenever you park your car.

If you do a search as well, WorldOne had their wrx stolen a long while back for the mods... The thieves took everything (JDM seats and all), and left the car behind. That is the sort of thing I hope to avoid.

Sure, most of the time, you are talking to fellow car enthusiasts on the street, but you really never know these days.
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

wtf!? i am almost positive he was lying to me, they seemed like they didn't want to tell me the truth about what he had. why do people do that?[/QUOTE]

The quick and dirty way to tell if he was stock or just stage 1 would be going by the sound of the car. Granted there are a few STi's with downpipes and the stock catback, but Its really rare. Did his exhaust note sound like a loud rumble/gurgle?? If it did then more than likely he wasn't stock. A stage one flash with UTEC/AP will give you a good deal more boost on an STi and that car will pull you a little more with your 103 trap speed. It sounds like you raced a stage 1 STi of some sort. A stage 2 STi (full exhaust and tune on stock turbo) will put 4-5 cars on a stock EVO from a dig or roll. Ive done this race a half dozen times. The car is good for close to 390 ft lbs of torque with that set-up and is very difficult to compete on the street. Sounds like guy wasn't telling the truth.

Maybe he is just a better driver??????
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

well he said that he wasnt launching all at 5K so maybe thats the diff...
    Quote Originally Posted by STiguy
    Maybe he is just a better driver??????
    on a side note, my friends exhaust mod/K&N modded airbox R32 raced a friends STi stock from a roll ~55 and walked to about a 1/2 car and held it till when we stopped...we were all amazed..so i guess it depends on driver/day/honesty
    1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P

Quote Originally Posted by fastwrx135
    Can someone please explain to me how an STi can kill a 350z from a roll?? I have asked in previous threads but no one seems to be able to explain why or how. Anyways, ellinopedo, the STi you raced probably has a UTEC or exhaust mods on it. If he really pulled that hard on you, then he has something in there.
    i dont know but i can guarantee you its not a drivers race...sti's dyno at 260whp..btw this guy i beat had headers and intake...he had all these mods b4 but took them off..including high flow cats..catback..intake manifold but took them off..even with those mods on..my trap with sti was still faster than his..sti gearing is superior in the low end in my opinion..every damn gear falls into the sweet spot and just pulls..plus the extra torque doesnt hurt either
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    i dont know but i can guarantee you its not a drivers race...sti's dyno at 260whp..btw this guy i beat had headers and intake...he had all these mods b4 but took them off..including high flow cats..catback..intake manifold but took them off..even with those mods on..my trap with sti was still faster than his..sti gearing is superior in the low end in my opinion..every damn gear falls into the sweet spot and just pulls..plus the extra torque doesnt hurt either
    Since when do sti's dyno 260whp stock?? I thought they were at 230-235whp??
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

Quote Originally Posted by fastwrx135
    Since when do sti's dyno 260whp stock?? I thought they were at 230-235whp??
    sportscompact car dynoed the sti at 260whp and 259 torque on a dynojet...and they put mr on the same dyno it dynoed at around 240 and 259torque...if you look at someones like CHUGLOBAL's recent dyno..he dynoed at 255whp and 264 torque stock...ybnormal just dynoed his sti with just catback at 278 whp and 280 torque.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

interesting thread. I beat a new stock vw r32. red 2 months old. vs my stock wrx wagon. took him off the line. I was going to ask what happened and he left. I have to agree with the sti gears hitting the prime spot of the power range. after a test drive and my ra gears being not to far off. I almost had a stock 350z with my stock turbo and slipping clutch. he got me in the end by 3 feet. my lanch could have taken him if the clutch was not toast. had 74k on that clutch. Can't wait to see what this thing does now.
    2002 wagon 83k miles
    perrin short ram, inlet & fmic, perrin / samco hoses and fuel rails, bosal dp. erz upp, borla catback, sti ra gears w/ stock 5th, act clutch & fly, vf30, AP, perrin end links, critical cooling kit, hks bov, perrin 4pot brakes, rota wheels, hid w/ levals

Racenut3.0 - said
    "The worst thing about the AP is it did not come with any fairy dust. I wanna fly dammit!"

r32 are really pretty!
    04 black evo!!!!
    Car How To

tonight, i had 2 other people in my car, sti... 10mph roll, couldnt get me off his ass till third gear where i slowed down. Huge different.

Also ran an evo with what seemed to be an exhaust system, i had 2 extra people, he floors it and pulls on me from 40-80mph... nothing crazy, but pulled kinda easy on me ( 2cars on me when we let off).

Ran a brand new g35 coupe mt (temp plates), i had two people in my car, from a roll 40-80mph, i got about a car on him.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

r32's sound so good stock.

Quote Originally Posted by ellinopedo182
    tonight, i had 2 other people in my car, sti... 10mph roll, couldnt get me off his ass till third gear where i slowed down. Huge different.

Also ran an evo with what seemed to be an exhaust system, i had 2 extra people, he floors it and pulls on me from 40-80mph... nothing crazy, but pulled kinda easy on me ( 2cars on me when we let off).

Ran a brand new g35 coupe mt (temp plates), i had two people in my car, from a roll 40-80mph, i got about a car on him.
    damn dude...

i totalled my B5 back in early january (deer, tree, flip bla bla), and am gonna be in the market come spring since i cant drive now in school in NYC...

i got 12K cash in hand, god i hope i can swing a higher mileaeg R32...if not im goin with a 97-8 C5 or a SRT-4...but damn i want that R32 lol

nice races man!!!
    1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P

Quote Originally Posted by 8urVTEC
    damn dude...

i totalled my B5 back in early january (deer, tree, flip bla bla), and am gonna be in the market come spring since i cant drive now in school in NYC...

i got 12K cash in hand, god i hope i can swing a higher mileaeg R32...if not im goin with a 97-8 C5 or a SRT-4...but damn i want that R32 lol

nice races man!!!
    get the r32. then there can be two of us trolling these forums.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

I Support ClubWRX
    I ran into a stock R32 about 5 months ago when I was stock. From a 30 MPH roll, it wasn't pretty. At least 6-8 car lengths by the time I hit 120 and shut down. Dude didn't even acknowledge...just pulled off the next exit without a wave or anything.

To those posting about 350Z vs STi being drivers race. Stop with the semantics. It's always a driver's race. Post what you mean...that you think an STi and 350Z are equal in the performance category. Please note...they aren't. Sad, but true. Not hatin', just tired of this line popping up time after time. Sexy beasts, but not equal to the STi in performance. From a dig, from a roll, around a corner, in the gravel, in the snow, whatever. Just ain't gonna happen. I almost wish I was stock again just so I could match up with one, tape it, and burst this bubble. No one on my350Z forum would meet with me either...when I was stock. Now, it's too late as the "but he's modded" excuse will come up. Just deal with it.

edit: man...I can be a real ignoramace sometimes. Apologies for the abruptness of the post. Just tired of seeing this I guess.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

well, i have finally considered it. Saving up to get either the VF supercharger (4500) or the EIP turbo (7k)... i think both way, ill have over 350hp.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.