Me vs 05' CTS-V

This is a discussion on Me vs 05' CTS-V within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was up in Orlando this weekend with some friends, and one of them had just traded in his WS6 ...

Me vs 05' CTS-V

I was up in Orlando this weekend with some friends, and one of them had just traded in his WS6 for a new CTS-V, very very nice car IMO.

We went to Old Town to do the skycoaster etc, then headed home........and had some highway fun on the way.

I had myself, and two guys in my car. I weigh roughly 160, friend was 110, and the other was about 170-180.

The CTS-V had two people total. He weighs prolly around 200, and his GF maybe 100. So about 140-150 lbd advantage for him.

It was cold out, prolly in the 40's. We started the race from around 70mph, I was in 3rd. We went up till 120mph, since I havent had a chance to get rid of the speed limiter.

Up until 110 which is the top of my 4th, we were dead even. As soon as I shifted to 5th he started to creep past me a bit. At 120mph there was maybe a 1/2 car between me and his rear bumper.

Looked up the stats and saw that they trap 109-110mph. Which is right where I trapped. Nice car, and has a lot of pull past 100+. Good race, he was suprised that he couldn't pull me until we got over 110.

Good times.
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Damn dude. good for you. I drove a CTS-V and it was such an awesome car, fast and comes with a ton of goodies. The only problem was it felt like shifting a bus because the throws were so long across the box. I have to get one of those somehow amd throw in a short shift kit.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)