Fun commute, boxster S verus the wagon.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Fun commute, boxster S verus the wagon. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was on the way down the hill doing the commuter bit, minding my own business huffing along at about ...

Fun commute, boxster S versus the wagon.

I was on the way down the hill doing the commuter bit, minding my own business huffing along at about 50 on a nasty mountain road with unmarked limit. I see HID coming up pretty quick in my mirror with a pretty interesting flicker so I'm thinking S2000, or maybe a Porsche. The monkey catches up to me and passes me on the inside of a blind corner, pretty much scaring the piss out of me

Ok, not a freaking chance, so I close the lid on my travel cup to make sure I didn't commit coffee abuse and dropped it to second to see what this monkey had in store for me. When I caught up I noted it was a boxtser S with a pretty nice sounding exhaust and a GIAC sticker on the back window, so I'm figuring probably intake, exhaust and ECU upgrade(one of my buddies has a GIAC ecu on his S4, and as far as I'm aware that's all they do).

He notes I've caught up and puts the hammer down. Whoah now not so fast, I stomp on it, watch the boost climb and before I knew it I was on the brakes trying to stay off of his ass. He does the quick stomp trying to get away bit a few times, but every time I meet him by pulling like a train.(I was staying about 2-3 cars behind, I don’t like to get too close to people, tailgating is a no-no to me) He gives up, so I think, until this real nasty set of turns when I see it squat and he starts pulling away from me. I put the pedal back down and make sure he understood my intentions, I'd fade back a little then wait until the turn in and get on the gas, right up his ass again. 5 turns later and I'm exactly where I was to begin with. Ahhhh, a nice long straight, I bury the pedal and pass him(in a nice legal passing zone, unlike his blind corner trick) even though he tried like hell to keep me at bay.

There's another set of nice turns coming up, he gets right on my ass on turn in, and that was it. I'd had enough. I gave Scotty a call and told him to give me everything she’s got. By the 3rd turn I had a good 5 car lead and at the end of the next straight I was about 15 cars ahead, I kept in it a few more turns then decided it was time to be good because the town was coming up and I saw a car ahead.

I slowed down and a little while later here comes the boxster. The lane splits into two lanes and he gets next to me, just as I give him a thumbs up(in earnest) he flips me off. Hmph, what a douche. Ahhhhh but the gods were smiling on me today, the light ahead turns red. I rev'd at him seeing if he's game and I guess he was because he rolls down his window, so I do the same. He starts in with "give me a break, this is a Porsche" WTF? some people, so I reply "yeah a slow one too" He rolls his window back up with a pretty nasty look on his face and tachs up. WTH was he thinking, I'd already proven myself from a roll, in the twisties, and now he thinks he'll pull on me from a dig? The turn light goes yellow so I tach up and on green let her rip. I only took it up to 60(plenty fast in a 45) but was amazed how far I pulled on him. He must have been too because for the next few miles he refuses to pass me or even to get beside me.

I went back into commute mode, opened the coffee and got in the turn lane to get on the highway, douche comes by with his arm out the window giving me the finger again Sheesh, what a sore loser. It must make your willy feel real small when a $22K WAGON kicks the crap out of your $50k "Sports Car".

Oh supporting equipment for this drama? Tein H-Tech springs, Helix F&R sways and endlinks, Whiteline f&r strut tie bars(with wagon quick release in the back), PDE up, Maddad catted twindump DP with 3" halfback, Cobb Accessport, Sti injectors, and a little VF34, and a few other little goodies. I was damn proud of my little grocery getter this morning

*edited for my piss poor spelling*
    Last edited by illusion; 02-07-2005 at 12:24 PM.
    an 05 wrx wagon with a few mods and an 06 G35 sedan with none.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

J-H
    HAHA Sore loser indeed....

I am a bit jealous of you man....I want a VF34....how is it running (boost, power, etc).

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

porsche really disapointed me with the Boxster's performance :

i mean from my experiance my buddy's Rsx-s can kill them from a roll.......mybe not an S but if a honda is taking a porsche there is something WRONG.

BTW nice multi-kill~~
    BUGEYE MAFIA~~~

05 aspen white STi

Nice murder. A looong time ago I had a guy infront of me on the freeway in a Boxter S. I slowly crept up on him from 60 to about 90. And all I had was an uppipe and gutted downpipe. I was actually quite amazed and he was too. At least he was cool about it though. However, after our little run he reaches back and rips down the wind splitter between the rear seats...like that was going to help him

Quote Originally Posted by J-H
    HAHA Sore loser indeed....

I am a bit jealous of you man....I want a VF34....how is it running (boost, power, etc).

I'm relatively happy with the turbo, but a bit disappointed with the accessport. It was happy with stg1 and stg2(as long as I ran the cali maps or upped the octane above 91), but since stg 2.5 it's be real finicky. It pulls timing at random, and the only way I can get it to run like a bat out of hell is to put 2 gallons of 100 octane in with every fillup(there's no VF34 cali map, and our gas blows pole). I borrowed an ECU from a friend for a while with the identical setup as me(and I mean identical) with an ecutek tune, and holy shiat was it nice. MUCH smoother acceleration, boost came on so nice, and that was with crap cali 91 octane(from what I gather most accessport to ecutek converts are gaining 20hp over the cobb tune, and a much safer F/A to boot) I'm going to the Gruppe-S GT30R and an Ecutek tune in the near future(by the end of the month) and it should be much happier, and even meaner. Right now the VF34 is definately a lot more ornery than the stocker, boost comes on about the same, but when it hits, it hits, I just wish I didn't have to piss an extra $10 every fillup just to have it run right.

*as usual edited for crap spelling, I need to learn to proofread :P*
    Last edited by illusion; 02-07-2005 at 02:40 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    That was a well-written kill...very nice!

Too bad the guy in the Porsche couldn't loosen up a little bit and realize he also has a great car.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

J-H
    Quote Originally Posted by illusion
    I'm relatively happy with the turbo, but a bit disappointed with the accessport. It was happy with stg1 and stg2(as long as I ran the cali maps or upped the octane above 91), but since stg 2.5 it's be real finicky. It pulls timing at random, and the only way I can get it to run like a bat out of hell is to put 2 gallons of 100 octane in with every fillup(there's no VF34 cali map, and our gas blows pole). I borrowed an ECU from a friend for a while with the identical setup as me(and I mean identical) with an ecutek tune, and holy shiat was it nice. MUCH smoother acceleration, boost came on so nice, and that was with crap cali 91 octane(from what I gather most accessport to ecutek converts are gaining 20hp over the cobb tune, and a much safer F/A to boot) I'm going to the Gruppe-S GT30R and an Ecutek tune in the near future(by the end of the month) and it should be much happier, and even meaner. Right now the VF34 is definately a lot more ornery than the stocker, boost comes on about the same, but when it hits, it hits, I just wish I didn't have to piss an extra $10 every fillup just to have it run right.

*as usual edited for crap spelling, I need to learn to proofread :P*
    Thanks illusion.

Shoot, I was certain I made a good choice with the AP. I hope, and pray that we AP users can squeeze the extra 20hp with the TUNER. We will see.....

In the meantime......if you decide to sell your 34....... .........and we agree on a price..........you can sell it to me.......

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

Quote Originally Posted by J-H
    Thanks illusion.

Shoot, I was certain I made a good choice with the AP. I hope, and pray that we AP users can squeeze the extra 20hp with the TUNER. We will see.....

In the meantime......if you decide to sell your 34....... .........and we agree on a price..........you can sell it to me.......

I'm keeping my accessport in hopes of the tuner version, I'm pretty sure you can milk out the extra ponies, and make a better air fuel ratio as well, I'm just real antsy and can stand waiting for cobb. The wait for the accessport killed me, plus I got a killer deal on an ecutek license so I couldn't pass it up. When the tuner version comes out I'll probably revert back to accessport and get some dyno time to get things straight, the ability to change maps is a great plus, I can have my low boost keep the wife from hitting me map, the holy cow make the kid throw up in the back seat map, and the C16 excuse me while my testicles descend from my throat map all at the press of the button. For 04-05 ECUs you can't have switchable maps for ecutek, plus they don't give you the software to tweak by yourself. If cobb can come through with a feasable wideband addition for the Tuner like they are talking about it's will be beyond wicked(I'm already considering either a wideband commander or some other wideband A/F meter to keep and eye on my beast)

I'll keep you in mind for the 34, but my buddy already asked about it because his has some pretty bad shaft play. I might end up selling his for cheap9and I mean cheap), or having it rebuilt then selling it.

Niiiice. Sounds like a lot of fun. I've yet to embarrass a porsche... Especially here at altitude it should be easy. VF34 going in this weekend!!!

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I love reading about a good ole wagon ass kickin,keep up the good work.(That's what you get for passing on the inside,what an asshat)
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

This is the road I was taking.

That very first almost hairpin in this pic is where he passed me.(this is zoomed in right where it says bear creek road on the first pic.

When I say blind, I mean blind with 200ft tall redwoods blocking the view.

Sounds like an episode of Initial D or more like Initial G for grip driving! What a great read and maps too!
    Drifting away...

fre
    Oh that is funny as hell! He must have been devastated to be owned by a wagon. I can't believe he passed you on the inside. I would have totally chased his ass down and made him my ***** too. I had the same setup you have with the vf34 when I had my wrx. I can honestly say ECUtek is way better than anything else out there. I am waiting for it to come out for the evo. Until then I will have to live with this dynoflash and afc.
    11.1 @ 131

great kill...gotta love the sleeper wagons (VF30 in mine )

but still haven't found any expensive cars to run yet

i did surprise a G35 coupe and denied him a fly-by

Great kill !!! You gotta love putting cocky drivers in their place. It's funny how some people think they're invincible if they drive a high-priced sports car.

Thanks for the vf34 & accessport review. I'm currently at stage2 with the accessport and I've been tempted to just give in and get the vf34 and move up to stage 2.5 but in all honesty my faith in COBB has gone downhill with all their false promises and delays. I really think I will probably go with the UTEC or from what it sounds like in this post I may even consider the ECUtek.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.