Stock Wrx>?

This is a discussion on Stock Wrx>? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; not a noob askin what it can beat for similar price, just really bored and trying to compile a list. ...

Stock Wrx>?

not a noob askin what it can beat for similar price, just really bored and trying to compile a list. i understand we got the safety, 4 doors on our side but speed vs speed, dry condition, strait line
    what i got:
    WRX>

civic ex, dx, si
    integra, all models (not sure bout type r, educate me)
    eclipes all models
    mustang v6
    mustang gt (depending on driver ive heard)
    tiburon
    focus
    mr2 (the new ones)
    neons lol, will be interesting when the turbo one comes out
    RSX, RSX-S
    stateside lancer
    2.5 RS
    prelude???
    Camaro ( educate me on this one, the stock v6 id imagine we'd take but how bout z28, ss what are your expierences?

if your bored add more, im runnin low
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

str
    VW GTI 1.8 is pretty quick
    2004 Black Forester XT

Re: Stock Wrx>?

Originally posted by ebr0t
    not a noob askin what it can beat for similar price, just really bored and trying to compile a list. i understand we got the safety, 4 doors on our side but speed vs speed, dry condition, strait line
    what i got:
    WRX>

civic ex, dx, si
    integra, all models (not sure bout type r, educate me)
    eclipes all models
    mustang v6
    mustang gt (depending on driver ive heard)
    tiburon
    focus
    mr2 (the new ones)
    neons lol, will be interesting when the turbo one comes out
    RSX, RSX-S
    stateside lancer
    2.5 RS
    prelude???
    Camaro ( educate me on this one, the stock v6 id imagine we'd take but how bout z28, ss what are your expierences?

if your bored add more, im runnin low
    When you say "beat," do you mean in a staight line? Because if you do, then it will beat every car on there, stock vs. stock except for the Z28 and the Mustang GT - those are driver's races I think. A Mustang GT, the WRX should beat if driver's are equal, but (and correct me if I'm wrong) I believe a stock Z28 or SS will slightly edge out a stock WRX in a 1/4 run..barely though I think.

A Camaro V6 or Mustang V6, don't waste your gas unless its heavily modded. ****, I slam Mustang V6's! The new Neon SR-T will be interesting if it performs according to the numbers Dodge has released, but you still should beat it - you are almost a 1/2 sec. quicker from 0-60 and the Rex will be easier to launch as AWD is easier than FWD.

That list though, that's huge...each car offers its own advantages and disadvantages. The WRX seems to have little to no downside from what I've heard. Very reliable, fast, corners excelently, very "modifiable" etc... CAn't go wrong with that.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

IMO the Lancer with around 120 hp wouldn't be a problem , but I think the new Evo would, stock for stock, take a WRX. I'm guessing low 5s 0-60 and mid to high 13s in 1/4. What do you guys think?

Also does anyone know when the new Lancer will be available?

New Lancer is supposedly hitting our shores January 2003 according to MSN car point.
    2002 Platinum Silver Rex

Smokey's pretty much right, a new mustang will be a close race stock vs stock. I've raced a SS or two though, both of them with exhaust work done, and thats not a winnable race for a stock WRX. They both smoked me pretty good ( I was bone stock at the time). I took both of them off the line, but they immediately yanked that back and got ahead of me by a few car lengths in 2nd, and it only gets worse from there. I've seen times on SS's of low-mid 13's at over 100, those things have gobs of power. They're not near as easy to modify though. If you are running a MBC or have your factory boost controller unplugged (running @ 16 psi) you should beat everything on the list except SS's, taking into consideration equal driving skills.

The new Evo's are supposed to be on par with the WRX STi, so they should take a stock WRX. I haven't seen any times, but you have to figure they're running a lot more HP.
    Last edited by Mad Max 03; 09-13-2002 at 11:33 AM.

all i know is my stock contour can take the american lancers
    dont have a wrx.......yet
    I dont care how many stewerdesses you've bagged I still think your a lousy pilot ( if you know what show thats from i owe you a cookie)
    Onion horoscope of the week:Pisces: (Feb. 19óMarch 20)
    The stars foretell your life continuing in much the way it always has for the next few months.